Because I noticed a lot of negativity lately, I just wanted to say.. 💚 (Pls consider viewing this).

• So I know that I'm not the most active post user, or most active article writer (even if I am proud of a handful of my original content articles) that I won't apologize for.

However, what I will apologize for is when I see a lot of negativity here, it seems this year these threads haven't been the best. Yes I'm aware it's not my place to say this, but please hear me out.

As someone who only uses YouTube and allkpop for idol related stuff these days, I wanted to say this since I have since deleted my reddit, and cannot link back to the original thread where I wrote this. But is still something I wish more people would realize:

You do not have to:

1. Own every single version of an album to be a 'true fan'.

2. Missed a live stream? Please please stop beating yourselves up for it!. Missing a live stream is totally normal, and you shouldn't feel like if you miss one then you're a bad fan, commenting you missed it over and over again in the comments. You are a human being, focusing on other things is totally fine. Studying? That's amazing!, keep going you're doing well. Don't feel like you need to apologize. 💚

3. Commenting/ Following your idol on social media, all the time.

If you haven't interacted with me or my wall, I talked about it a while ago how after talking with some irl friends as I prepare for some stuff I got rid of a lot of social media actually. And a big part being twitter where I had multiple accounts, one being for BTS in 2017 even.. (which tbh not completely mad, because god was I cringy lol.. I deleted lots from that before the official closure let's say)..

But during that time I also ran another account for a Chinese Survival Program called 'fanbase union' and some people in different fandoms found out and where a little hateful towards me, calling me some gay slurs, 'not a good enough fan for focusing on group (), () and () while being a BTS stan and what not.

This would make me realize you don't have to follow your idols on every single social media platform if it makes you uncomfortable or make you feel unsafe.

4. You do NOT owe anyone a reason for blocking them or making yourself a safe space.

5. You don't have to become a fan or follow a group if A you don't like their music, B all because your friend wants you to or C because you don't even need a reason. As long as you are respectful and keep in mind idols are humans, and respect them you can stand in the distance and not hate troll/etc them. That's all that matters.

This post I wrote a little late at night so I apologize if some of my wording doesn't make sense, but please consider it. So many of you deserve far more then what you are giving yourselves.

Weird way to explain this but I hope one day you look at yourselves/ etc the way Zico looks at Mino. You deserve better. 💚

ed8c43bfa76b70a57d4ac030e6164744.JPG

e

• unless you're a whale, first point is excusable for most and you can always just watch replays of you miss a live. i don't even bother commenting since i have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a response anyway. 4th point should be a given. don't know why people mistake that as a free speech violation. the last point just sounds like the hive mind problem in any fandom that's never gonna go away because humans are pretty stupid so it's best to just ignore that lol

• You be you and keep being awesome at it. Everything you said is true. This world has a shortage of Akorns and nice people!

• I agree with most of that and have done that myself as a fan. Some get too obsessed and involved with K pop and it can consume your life if you let it. It's not to be taken that seriously and people need to find interests in the real world so that their physical and mental health stay in check.

• I agree with most of that and have done that myself as a fan. Some get too obsessed and involved with K pop and it can consume your life if you let it. It's not to be taken that seriously and people need to find interests in the real world so that their physical and mental health stay in check.

tbh I wanted to write this as a post, about kpop is becoming a serious while funnily, kpop is always in a place of entertainment

but I'm lazy to write it up

• I agree with all of this. I've been into kpop since I was 14 and now that I'm an adult I just don't always have time to follow my faves as closely as I used to. I hardly ever catch them on live because I'm usually busy or sleeping. I do however like to buy their albums and go to concerts to show my support - which isn't a requirement either. Not everyone has the money to spend on all that and that's okay. I missed BP's concert near me last year because I was struggling financially.

I think OP's post is great for younger fans because it definitely affects younger fans a bit more. I still remember having someone give me grief about not knowing all the roles of the members in 2ne1 back in the day. That kind of "You're a fan and you didn't know?" attitude. When you're younger it can be hurtful how snobby some people can be about kpop.

Sincerely, CranMelon

• :finger-heart::borahae: Beautifully said, also welcome back!

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!