Can people be more sensitive and stop using real issues for their kpop agendas?

• I’ve seen a thread a few days ago about racism and if I said the word it will be too obvious

Now woman empowerment and misogyny

It’s not funny how these kpop fans are using real issues as what? I don’t even want to say because it’s ridiculous. Before you touch on this topic, check yourself first if you genuinely like to spread awareness about this topic and somehow help people suffering from it. :pepelove1:

Cheers :pepe-toast:

• Kpop is an industry not some getaway paradise, of course it has those things its only reality. Why stay silent on something you´re passionate about just because you happen to like kpop as well? Kpop and real issues play off of each other

• Kpop is an industry not some getaway paradise, of course it has those things its only reality. Why stay silent on something you´re passionate about just because you happen to like kpop as well? Kpop and real issues play off of each other

The purpose of this thread is not to silence them but just reminding them that touching on this issue with ill intention will just hurt more people.

• Official Post

Anyways there is no clear-cut definition of what makes women feel "empowered". I believe empowerment for women is just making women feel confident and comfortable with who they are, without any societal and patriarchal restrictions. If women are empowered because they want to be sexy and cool then there's nothing wrong with that. If women feel they are comfortable and empowered when being cute then there's nothing wrong with that either. Some people get this idea that women feel empowered by putting down men, but that's not the case. Women feel empowered when they are treated like actual people and not as sex puppets.

• Anyways there is no clear-cut definition of what makes women feel "empowered". I believe empowerment for women is just making women feel confident and comfortable with who they are, without any societal and patriarchal restrictions. If women are empowered because they want to be sexy and cool then there's nothing wrong with that. If women feel they are comfortable and empowered when being cute then there's nothing wrong with that either. Some people get this idea that women feel empowered by putting down men, but that's not the case. Women feel empowered when they are treated like actual people and not as sex puppets.

Thank you

• i think people should stop using their kpop music as a reflection of their intellect and intelligence. there is no correlation whatsoever. and as we could see in the two examples you mentioned, that kind of pretentious nehaviour only results in offending people. is it really worth it?

• if you are passionate about a problem, then create a place to discuss it. For some people Kpop is a safe place and when something happens in that safe spot, then you want to fix the problem and there's nothing wrong with that so don't listen to these people saying it's wrong

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!