There is this big myth that girl groups have "gp" but that's not at all true. Fragile male ego is why ggs retain more attention than bgs.

• Tbh this is even incorrect. Ggs are the ones owning the international streaming charts too.

All what bgs have going for them is the physical sales

They're equal on streaming platforms this year. But it's not like it matters anyways, a 'few' streams doesn't make any difference in their bank account. But boygroups have more album and tickets sales which are essentials to success and to make more profit.

• Kpop boy groups' songs are just borderline unlistenable imo. Love Scenario, Dynamite? Why not make songs similar to these mega hits? Songs that you can actually vibe with instead of wrecking my eardrum with their constant screaming and grumbling.

whatthehell.gif

omg bro, you couldve at least used some actual GOOD BG songs here. Both Ikon and BTS have far far better songs than those X(

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Bruh I just mention some of their biggest hits to show OP that actual good bg songs can hit it big with Korean GPs. Otherwise I would include even more hits that I am less familiar with how well they do in Korea like Big Bang songs, Polaroid Love, TXT's Love Song, etc (All my personal favorites). There are some good songs by Bgs, but most of them are gatekeeping me from checking other bgs' songs. Wasting my time looking for Boy Group's gems are just not it. At least the visuals of girl groups keep me hooked on their noise music which arent even as abundance as boy groups

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Bruh I just mention some of their biggest hits to show OP that actual good bg songs can hit it big with Korean GPs. Otherwise I would include even more hits that I am less familiar with how well they do in Korea like Big Bang songs, Polaroid Love, TXT's Love Song, etc (All my personal favorites). There are some good songs by Bgs, but most of them are gatekeeping me from checking other bgs' songs. Wasting my time looking for Boy Group's gems are just not it. At least the visuals of girl groups keep me hooked on their noise music which arent even as abundance as boy groups

Neither Lovesong or Polaroid Love even made it into the top 100 on melon’s daily chart. Saying bgs just need to release actually good music to chart and then claiming two songs that never even made it into the top 100 are examples of good songs just backs up the original point even more.

Gg fans in this thread must be purposefully acting stupid. Think about how so many men look at male pop artists in western countries, saying it’s gay to like them and they’re only for teenage girls. Then factor in how much more conservative Korea is compared to many of those countries. It shouldn’t be that hard to understand that there’s a lot more that goes into it than just music. Even knetz will often bring up the lack of male audience when bg charting is mentioned.

• Neither Lovesong or Polaroid Love even made it into the top 100 on melon’s daily chart. Saying bgs just need to release actually good music to chart and then claiming two songs that never even made it into the top 100 are examples of good songs just backs up the original point even more.

Gg fans in this thread must be purposefully acting stupid. Think about how so many men look at male pop artists in western countries, saying it’s gay to like them and they’re only for teenage girls. Then factor in how much more conservative Korea is compared to many of those countries. It shouldn’t be that hard to understand that there’s a lot more that goes into it than just music. Even knetz will often bring up the lack of male audience when bg charting is mentioned.

But that's the second hurdle to Bg songs' charting which is LUCK. Not every girl groups chart as well which is where luck and privilege also play a huge factor to the success of groups. We are just basing these on all bg songs that have been successful in the past few years: BWL, Dynamite, Still Life, Love Scenario. None of them are your typical bg songs with hard hitting bgm, growling and screaming.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• But that's the second hurdle to Bg songs' charting which is LUCK. Not every girl groups chart as well which is where luck and privilege also play a huge factor to the success of groups. We are just basing these on all bg songs that have been successful in the past few years: BWL, Dynamite, Still Life, Love Scenario. None of them are your typical bg songs with hard hitting bgm, growling and screaming.

Sure, luck always plays a part. But it’s clearly a lot more than luck if only like two boy groups can manage to chart as high as popular ggs do when there’s groups from the biggest labels in korea releasing GP friendly music and the best we can say is what, they reached the top 30 largely thanks to their big fandom rather than the GP actually tuning in? Ok.

Try to imagine a world where a boy group releases next level or savage and shoots to the top of the charts and gets PAKs. Or even just a world where a 4th gen bg releases Wa Da Da or O.O and charts in the top 90 or releases Dice and charts in the top 50 without a fandom that’s large enough where they sell millions of copies of each album. That’s exactly what happened for the groups that actually released those songs, yet that alternate reality would be unprecedented.

• So what you’re saying is you’re a fragile anti, or.. antifragile? :pepe-smug: :twerkingpepe:

External Content youtube.com

• So what you’re saying is you’re a fragile anti, or.. antifragile? :pepe-smug: :twerkingpepe:

External Content youtube.com

Oh please, I hold back myself to not post thissss :boompepe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!