BTS is the Best Selling Artists earning 12.52B¥ ($94.57M USD) in 2022 for two times in a row!!! - Oricon Year End Chart

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Two time in a row since last year. That's crazy. I didn't expect that at all. BTS' literally only released 1 anthology album. No Japanese releases at all this year. How are their discography so profitable??

Impressive!

ArmyTaglist

• sweetenerstan

Changed the title of the thread from “BTS is the Best Selling Artists (Total Revenue) in 2022 for two times in a row!!! - Oricon Year End Chart” to “BTS is the Best Selling Artists earning 12.52B¥ ($94.57M USD) in 2022 for two times in a row!!! - Oricon Year End Chart”.
  • They are really loved in Japan!

• BTS now holds the Top 3 highest total revenue earned in a single year on Oricon for a Korean artist 🇯🇵. They're also the only foreign act to be #1 for two years and consecutively.

#1.BTS (2021) - 18.48B Yen

#2.BTS(2022) - 12.52B Yen

#3. BTS (2020) - 10.7B Yen

• Article: BTS drove sales with music video works such as "BTS 2021 MUSTER SOWOOZOO" and "BTS Memories of 2021" and the album "Proof". In addition, "Dynamite" delivered in August 2020 and "Butter" delivered in May 2021 continued to increase the number of streaming views, and streaming playback of "Permission to Dance" and download of the digital album "Proof" etc. are doing well.

As a result, it also won first place in the "Digital Ranking" of the same "Annual Ranking Sales Category by Artist".

In addition, it is the first foreign artist to win the "Total Ranking" for two consecutive years, and the fourth male artist to follow Shinichi Mori , Yosui Inoue , and Arashi.

Source: https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2261651/full/

• Yes!! Insane, right? I expected them to be in top 6 this year since they've only released 1 anthology album and no big single/Japanese album. Yet they proved me wrong again lol.

DVDs and albums are really quite expensive in Japan. Arashi wasn't selling millions, but they was still at the top of this list because they were selling A LOT of DVDs and albums.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• DVDs and albums are really quite expensive in Japan. Arashi wasn't selling millions, but they was still at the top of this list because they were selling A LOT of DVDs and albums.

Yeah. DVDs and albums are the holy grails in Japan. Also, BTS have massive hits there so it adds up. Like they earned 8.66B YEN there in digitals & physical sales alone. The rest of it (3.86B YEN) came from DVD's & others.

• Yeah. DVDs and albums are the holy grails in Japan. Also, BTS have massive hits there so it adds up. Like they earned 8.66B YEN there in digitals & physical sales alone. The rest of it (3.86B YEN) came from DVD's & others.

To be honest, digital is still pretty weak in Japan. Most of the money came from physical sales.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Again, explain to me how a "flop" group get to become the Best Selling Artist in Japan, 2 years in a row?

It must be the kpoppies "coping mechanism" for another year of failure to be the next BTS.

that must be it tv land GIF by YoungerTV

Anyway, congrats BTS. Deserved! :borahae::borahae:

• BTS are arguably the most popular act in Japan.... Because how can you do stuff that historically even local acts have rarely done? They are #1 earning act in Japan in 2022 just through sales and streams, in a year they barely released anything. And it isn't like they toured in Japan (I mean they would have been easy #1 if they had toured because they can easily gross at the very least $100m from their Japan leg). So it is kinda mind-blowing how big BTS is in Japan. GOAT.

• BTS now holds the Top 3 highest total revenue earned in a single year on Oricon for a Korean artist 🇯🇵. They're also the only foreign act to be #1 for two years and consecutively.

#1.BTS (2021) - 18.48B Yen

#2.BTS(2022) - 12.52B Yen

#3. BTS (2020) - 10.7B Yen

This is unarguably BTS the biggest and most important market but still it is just one country....

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS are arguably the most popular act in Japan.... Because how can you do stuff that historically even local acts have rarely done? They are #1 earning act in Japan in 2022 just through sales and streams, in a year they barely released anything. And it isn't like they toured in Japan (I mean they would have been easy #1 if they had toured because they can easily gross at the very least $100m from their Japan leg). So it is kinda mind-blowing how big BTS is in Japan. GOAT.

True. I remember Arashi topping this list consecutively too from 2019-2020, but that was with touring. BTS haven't even stepped a foot in Japan since 2019. Just music/dvd sales alone. That's nuts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!