Kakao M songs will come back to spotify!

• im totally happy. it kinda sucks since i kinda moved on from spotify already but still listen to sm group's albums.

time to stream 100% and up10tion again!

kakao m really fucked up and it doesn't make sense to me still

• interesting i would love to know what went on behind the scenes in order for spotify to get he agreement...

hard ball tactics or something else.

It looks like Kakao M was pressured by their artists like IU and other artists. Per Forbes, artists were looking to leave Kakao M behind and very actively looking for other distributors . Also with IU coming back with a full album, Kakao M doesn't want to lose the international money that would have come in.

• It looks like Kakao M was pressured by their artists like IU and other artists. Per Forbes, artists were looking to leave Kakao M behind and very actively looking for other distributors . Also with IU coming back with a full album, Kakao M doesn't want to lose the international money that would have come in.

so basically spotify playing hardball using the individual artists as ammo...

nice...capitalism at its finest

• Ok sorry I thought you weren't. Yes, Damon Salvatore is my fave character of Vampire Dairies. It is one of my favorite TV series.

it's ok! <3

my favorite scene forever:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It looks like Kakao M was pressured by their artists like IU and other artists. Per Forbes, artists were looking to leave Kakao M behind and very actively looking for other distributors . Also with IU coming back with a full album, Kakao M doesn't want to lose the international money that would have come in.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of that meeting. I mean to storm out all boss like then have to come back all sheepish. I wonder if they had to pay damages to these companies since they weren't notified it was all going to be taken down?

Side note, I will be taking this article with a pinch of salt, as no shade to forbes, but they are a western source and may be painting things with a little more bias that real events. Either way, no matter which way it went down, kakao shot themselves in the foot with this one. There are other distributors, people have been saying that even the Korean public wasn't on thier side as they were annoyed about thier dominance over the industry and people already use international VPN's to use international spotify.

Plus its spotify, no shade to kakaom, but if they really needed the music kakao had on catalogue they would have just done a takeover and bought them out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!