good morning akp, tell me how is your Dec 17 going?

• Awesome! Enjoy your performances, I loved doing choir in highschool. In fact, I was going to teach it but I'm teaching elementary music instead.

Thank you! Got done with the first one about an hour ago. I think we did really well, even better than the first concert imo (and I personally think that I improved as well this time LOL). I'm just sad that my immediate family (mom, dad, brother) didn't come to this one even though I thought they were (they talked about it like they were and went to the gym to work out instead LMAO)...and also won't telling me if they're coming to the one tonight so now I'm gonna be kinda angry if they don't.

I mean, they don't really have an excuse. They can't say they're not feeling well because they went to the gym and lifted heavy...they had me study for my finals for the whole week and suggested that I don't even do choir my senior year even though I really, really want to (haven't prevented it yet). I've literally practiced for nearly 2 hours every night this week except for Tuesday and my back hurts from all the moving and standing :skull::skull::skull:

I kind of already made an incomplete deal with my mom that if I get a good grade on my final exams I can do choir next year. Because they think that this one week out of the entire school year is going to make me fail my finals even though I've already studied for like 10 hours this week, I have all the time in the world to study for it next week and we can use our NOTE-FILLED STUDY GUIDES on the test :skull: Bruh.

Hopefully, they come. But I'm just happy that I had a good time. Noel is an annual thing and I participated last year so it's always going to be something special for me. :holding-back-tears:

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to get that out there...

I've been in choir for 6 years, I won't stop now. Especially not for my last year of high school and K-12 schools in general.

Aww, that's cute! I loved taking music in elementary :mesmerized-bee:

Do you guys use the parachute?

This is exactly what we did:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Hey let it out.

It really sucks when family isn't supportive for concerts, I had a couple families not show up to my concert a month ago and those kids were heartbroken. I really like the quote when talking about parents "your presence is more important than your presents." And even if your family didn't show up, just know that you had a community within your chorus that wanted you to be there.

We actually did use the parachute this week! We did it with songs from the Nutcracker and it was lots of fun.

• Hey let it out.

It really sucks when family isn't supportive for concerts, I had a couple families not show up to my concert a month ago and those kids were heartbroken. I really like the quote when talking about parents "your presence is more important than your presents." And even if your family didn't show up, just know that you had a community within your chorus that wanted you to be there.

We actually did use the parachute this week! We did it with songs from the Nutcracker and it was lots of fun.

Aww, that's so sad! I feel so sorry for those kiddos, that just breaks my heart hearing that. And I'm glad that you tried to make them feel better :red-heart:

And just in case you were curious after all this time, my immediate family (mom, dad, brother) ended up coming to my performance! It's usually my mom that comes if my brother and dad can't make it/decide not to go. But I remember carefully looking for my family in the crowd whenever I could and my heart dropping when I couldn't find them but they were sitting where I couldn't see from the stage (also, there were simply a lot of people there lol)

AHHH OMG! That's sooo cute!!! That brings back so many memories. The parachute activity was so fun lmao. It makes me miss elementary general music and middle school choir :pleading: We don't have the chance to do much fun things like that in high school choir tbh and I wish we did lol

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!