What’s your game of the year?

• I haven't played any of the big games released this year. I only started the new Plague Tale and played for a few hours only.

The only games I've played and beaten this year are the first Plague Tale and Yakuza Kiwami.

And I've been playing Overwatch 2 since its release, so I guess it would by my Game of the Year? It's not really a new game though.

I think Elden Ring deserves the accolades it got, but on a personal level I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy it as much. I played Sekiro from the same studio and even though I was quite fascinated watching other people play it on twitch, as a player it was not an particularly enjoyable experience.

• Well piedpiper134340 - I had bad luck. Purchased Elden Ring and hit play to start and it seems my PS5 store has a bug because it gave me the all Chinese version and there is no way to change the language. I had to contact the PS store for help or refund. Bummed! I even checked to see if I accidentally downloaded the wrong version and nope - there is only one version! Ugh.

Update: Apparently this is a BIG issue across Asia that there is no English version of the game. It's default to Chinese if your Playstation language is English and welp - 800+ ppl have signed a petition and people are upset because BandaiNamco/Playstation Store aren't giving people refunds because they downloaded and opend a game. Pray for me that I get a refund but this leaves a bad impression of BandaiNamco - isn't easier to just give the fans the English version that is already available elsewhere? I bet it goes back to the strict Japanse copy right laws. Ugh.

Edited 2 times, last by Yinye ().

• Well piedpiper134340 - I had bad luck. Purchased Elden Ring and hit play to start and it seems my PS5 store has a bug because it gave me the all Chinese version and there is no way to change the language. I had to contact the PS store for help or refund. Bummed! I even checked to see if I accidentally downloaded the wrong version and nope - there is only one version! Ugh.

Update: Apparently this is a BIG issue across Asia that there is no English version of the game. It's default to Chinese if your Playstation language is English and welp - 800+ ppl have signed a petition and people are upset because BandaiNamco/Playstation Store aren't giving people refunds because they downloaded and opend a game. Pray for me that I get a refund but this leaves a bad impression of BandaiNamco - isn't easier to just give the fans the English version that is already available elsewhere? I bet it goes back to the strict Japanse copy right laws. Ugh.

My God, that's really bad. I hope you get that refund. Someone should do something with that! Very bad, BandaiNamco X(

• I haven't played any of the big games released this year. I only started the new Plague Tale and played for a few hours only.

The only games I've played and beaten this year are the first Plague Tale and Yakuza Kiwami.

And I've been playing Overwatch 2 since its release, so I guess it would by my Game of the Year? It's not really a new game though.

I think Elden Ring deserves the accolades it got, but on a personal level I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy it as much. I played Sekiro from the same studio and even though I was quite fascinated watching other people play it on twitch, as a player it was not an particularly enjoyable experience.

I absolutely adore Sekiro! But my boyfriend hates it. He especially hated the Isshin final fight, while I loved it, and enjoyed it like a little kid eating an ice cream lol.

• piedpiper134340 yey -- I got the full refund and it was because I immediately requested it, did not make it pass the main menu of the game (less than 15 mins looking for language option), and deleted the game off my console. They can check how long you opened the game etc. In the email, they gave me a refund but highlighted the policy below. I feel bad for fans that hit played and tried for some minutes longer...

"As outlined in our refund policy, you have a 14-day cancellation right to games, game packs, season passes and in-game consumables that have not been downloaded or consumed."

But the other sad thing is: it's been about a year since fans raised this issue and still no English digital version available here in Asia -- lol IT DOESN'T make sense!!!!

• piedpiper134340 yey -- I got the full refund and it was because I immediately requested it, did not make it pass the main menu of the game (less than 15 mins looking for language option), and deleted the game off my console. They can check how long you opened the game etc. In the email, they gave me a refund but highlighted the policy below. I feel bad for fans that hit played and tried for some minutes longer...

"As outlined in our refund policy, you have a 14-day cancellation right to games, game packs, season passes and in-game consumables that have not been downloaded or consumed."

But the other sad thing is: it's been about a year since fans raised this issue and still no English digital version available here in Asia -- lol IT DOESN'T make sense!!!!

I'm glad you could get the refund, but sad you can't play the game :-( It's so unfair to English-speaking people living in Asia!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!