Do you think people are overreacting over Musk buying twitter or its justified?

• Do you think people are overreacting over Musk buying twitter or its justified?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It doesn't matter if his critics are overreacting if his anti-critics immediately took it as a signal that they can now say whatever they want = proving critics right.

Not to mention, firing all the Twitter employees on a whim is stupid.

• i'm glad he bought it. let's hope that the hunter biden scenario won't ever happen again. banning an outlet for breaking a true story, a story a certain party didn't like and was afraid would affect the election, is unforgivable. the white house got already dragged for an idiot tweet, they got embarrassed so hard that they had to delete it.

let's hope it continues in the right direction

• i'm glad he bought it. let's hope that the hunter biden scenario won't ever happen again. banning an outlet for breaking a true story, a story a certain party didn't like and was afraid would affect the election, is unforgivable. the white house got already dragged for an idiot tweet, they got embarrassed so hard that they had to delete it.

let's hope it continues in the right direction

wait wot?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i feel like its the internet just blowing it out of proportion again. i honestly don't see anything major changing from this.

but, then again, i don't really look much into this stuff anyway.

• i feel like its the internet just blowing it out of proportion again. i honestly don't see anything major changing from this.

but, then again, i don't really look much into this stuff anyway.

I agree

I feel like internet tends to blow up over things before sth even happens

• I agree

I feel like internet tends to blow up over things before sth even happens

definitely. and if someone who has a slight reputation of something even breathes, its a big deal. which, we've seen many examples of. 90% of anything that happens won't even end up affecting the general public.

• I think it's pretty funny.

He tried to do shady shit with market manipulation to lower Twitter worth but got himself into a situation where he was forced to go through with the deal or face legal trouble.

Now not only does he have a site he didn't actually want it's already draining him money. Instead of making Twitter better or at least worth more for as partners and investors he's doing opposite, going round fucking it up more by making snide remarks, firing workers and potentially allowing more extreme views. Him and his already existing controversial opinions are being associated with Twitter and that is enough to cause advertiser's to pull out or at the very least give them concern to do so.

If or when they leave it's bye bye Twitter as we know it. We're already seeing a 2 tier system come into action as a result.

• Erm…it is NOT an over reaction…many of us knew what was coming…

He fired about 50% Twitter’s staff, including their human rights and safety team, the $8 blue check is no longer verification but a subscription (anyone that can pay will be prioritized over free users….it’s FEE speech NOT free speech lol), and advertisers and users are leaving already because the hate content bots are back already and Musk already showing he has no clue …. the latest is that he is trying to re-hire some staff back and his investor event didn’t go well….

As harambelives said…he’s stuck and did all of this cuz of his EGO - he doesn’t genuinely care about making Twitter better or free speech

External Content twitter.com

Read this thread and see for yourself how he is talking to the investors

External Content twitter.com

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

• musk can do whatever he wants it's his company and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is $$$

money talks bullshit walks...rich people don't give a shit about the opinions of the average person - the only thing that will possibly change their minds is if it starts hitting their bank account

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!