Which is more achievable among 4th gen male idols?

• There's several ways for male idols to get popular in korea.

1. Score hits and become influential idol producer: GD, Zico, Suga etc

2. To have outstanding visual and pursue acting, get cfs, brand deals example: Cha Eunwoo, L etc

3. To participate in mnet survival show and try to grab people attention by whatever charm u have and win the show, example: Kang Daniel etc

4. Be an ACE, great performer, multitalented person with oozing charisma example: Jungkook, Jimin, Taemin etc

5. Having great vocals and build successful solo career on top of that, example: Baekhyun etc

We still don't have popular male idol or what people like to call "it boy" in korea from 4th generation boygroups. Which one do u think is more achievable? and who do u think can achieve it? do u expect it from upcoming boygroups? or any else option? Also do u think is it possible for one to become popular in korea while his group is still nugu there?

• You have made some good points,

I think nr.1 is very difficult to achieve, because not just you have to be exceptionally talented but your songs must click with the gp over and over, otherwise you would have produced 1-2 hits and fade away

nr.2 and 3. are much easier, especially going on survival shows or getting into variety shows, that can gain you public relevance. ex look at heechul or kyuhyun.

nr.5 is in between, I eould say that there are very good vocalists who dont succedd, so it agian depends op what kind of music you put out.

• 1. I don't have any hope for this option looking at the current musical direction boygroups are taking and also how the public lost interest in boygroups music

2. I think its one of the most achievable. SK is always obsessed with visuals. You should have great visuals and have acting skills, and good management and connection on top of that it can be achieved.

3. Mnet will be doing Boys planet 999, but I think there's no hype for mnet survival show in korea anymore so this is unlikely imo.

4. Well you can be an ACE, great performer but your music doesnt click with public then it is hard to gain public attention

5. This is also depends so much on creative direction, music and marketing strategy, hard to achieve imo

So yeah, I think visual member gaining popularity by acting in a drama is the most possible way imo. Starting from web dramas.

• regarding 3, i think in the past it was easier because everyone was tuning to variety programs when male idols participated, but now the interest is just lost, unless one becomes viral and that means luck

Also people say male idols are not promoting on variety shows anymore that much compared to before

• 2 is 100% the most achievable. Being super good looking will always get you somewhere in dramas.

The rest are kind of a crapshoot as long as the BG scene is so dead. Current male idols are just seen as very uncool right now in SK. You'd have much better luck doing SMTM as rapper or going Krnb.

• 1) Hongjoong wrote over 1K songs so far, maybe even close to 2K by now, but he is only using it for ATEEZ. Some member of Stray Kids also produced a lot, even for some other artists and especially Bang Chan seems to produce quit a lot, or at least I heard him talking about the things he did the most compared to the other members. He is even very proud of the songs he writes for other people, even if they ad something new to what he allready did (Example: He wrote a song with Han and Changbin that he gave to the Japanese group JO1. He said he wrote some demo-lyrics but had no idea how it was sounding like at the end and as he first ever reacted to the song he noticed they trashed his lyrics and wrote entire new lyrics to the song and he was like "The lyrics they wrote are better than anything I could've ever come up with"). I'm not sure about any other idols tho.

2) I'm not too sure about a lot 4th gen idols who did quit a lot (without their group) in that direction, but maybe Bae Jinyoung from CIX ? I mean he is extremly handsome (even tho his doll-face is quit scary sometimes) and he acted

3) Yeah no... male survival shows got trashed in Korea and there are just some rumors of possible shows in 2023 who could be with boys

4) People like TXT and ENHYPEN so maybe one of them ? But I could also imagine some member of ATEEZ, maybe someone like Jongho falling into that cathegory

5) I don't know any new-ish boygroup who has a member that got a solo so I can't say much for now

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!