YG now working with western producers/composers, good thing or bad?

• They did it with BP and if I'm not mistaken for Treasure too.. AND NOW with Rosé! Before, they only do it for collaboration's sake and most of them or probably all are not even their artists'main music and some were just intended for western promo/debut like with CL. I wonder what changed their mind?

I think, it's a good thing. As what i've seen with BP, they expanded their sound/genre with The Album tho I hated Tommy and co's work. Anyway, this mean, my dream of Max Martin and BP working together might come true. Also, YGNGG might have outside producers as well.. hopefully!

• So does that mean the title track will be in english?

Not necessarily but a legit ATRL insider said it's full english, sadly. So far, he was right with the guitar in On The Ground (and apparently the chorus will have a synth pop drop) but hopefully he just heard the demo song and not the actual song. With Teddy and Rosé on the credit, I hope they've translated most of the english lyrics to korean

• Not necessarily but a legit ATRL insider said it's full english, sadly. So far, he was right with the guitar in On The Ground (and apparently the chorus will have a synth pop drop) but hopefully he just heard the demo song and not the actual song. With Teddy and Rosé on the credit, I hope they've translated most of the english lyrics to korean

Hopefully cause if the song’s in english, it will have a very hard time charting on Korean charts and charting high on the Hot 100 is also really hard even if it’s in english. There is no point in releasing it in english unless of course rosé wants to

• I think it's good to have some diversity ? Lovesick girl was produced by David Ghetta if I'm not mistaken, and it's an absolute bop, so I'm not against it.

But tbh I really have a hard time trying to see what market YG is targetting with Blackpink. They see that they have potential in the West and the US, but don't really commit to it ( see : Rosé's solo that won't be avaible at retail's stores in the US ).

• Not necessarily but a legit ATRL insider said it's full english, sadly. So far, he was right with the guitar in On The Ground (and apparently the chorus will have a synth pop drop) but hopefully he just heard the demo song and not the actual song. With Teddy and Rosé on the credit, I hope they've translated most of the english lyrics to korean

With all the English songwriters on the track, I don't think there would be much need for Teddy unless he had translated some parts to Korean. I think it'll be like 60-40 English Korean...at least I hope so

• If it adds some new sounds to BP’s personal sound, i’m all for it

Agreed, I am all for them adding new sounds and styles. Plus, with the solos it makes sense for them all to be very different as individually they all have different vibes. Lovesick Girls was different to a lot of BP songs and I loved it!

• thank god. it’s better if teddy isn’t on it!

and i agree with what someone else said ^

yg seems confused on where they’re trying to market her solo. (or it’s sabotage, which is my theory.)the western release time, but no western distribution. the western producers, but no western promotion. *sigh*

again, i have a whole “yg is purposefully sabotaging her solo” theory and it’s like.... realistic tbh. i don’t want company stans to come for me but maybe i’ll make a thread about it. i think i’m right. it’s like common k-company stuff tbh, just sad and pisses me off. i should’ve seen it coming

• I also see it as sabotage but i'm curious on what's your theory for why they're sabotaging rosé? they didn't do this for jennie - she at least had a clear target market

If its full english thats terrible decision honestly.

• It'll add a new sound to BP so people will stop the "their songs sound the same" drag. Plus I was getting bored of the beat drops and no chorus in most songs. But I still want Teddy to work on it

women's wrongs activist

:lovec::cheersc::lovec:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!