Stalking has been made an official crime in Korea, a new era of kpop is coming? Thoughts?

• new law in Korea passed recently where stalking is officially made a crime punishable by law obviously this is a great thing and it got me thinking will this usher in a new era of kpop where kpop idols can finally date openly and not secretly? NO MORE DATING SCANDALS? Will this put an end to saesangs for good? So many instances of “fans” spotting idols in public places (whether it be a date or hanging out) and exposing them, can this be the answer to finally put an end to that?

What do y’all think? I think the whole fantasy (gf/bf) aspect of kpop has been going on for too long. I hope saesangs follow the law

• Wait, this wasn't seen as crime when you stalked other people?

Dude where I am from, if you get sued for stalking someone than you are in big ass trouble and that since forever like I can't think of a time where stalking someone wasn't seen as crime

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Stalking has been illegal in the US since the 1980s... there's still a fuckton of stalking that goes on and the police do not give a shit.

• That title is super misleading.

Stalking has been a crime for a while now in Korea. The changes to Korean Law has made it so that Stalking is a crime that a Stalker can be arressted for on the spot now.

Before, Stalking needed to be reported in to the appropriate authorities before charges could be filed. If someone was stalking before, that unfortunately was not grounds for a Police officer to arrest them if they were not simultaneously breaking a different law.

Now an officer can arrest someone in the middle of the act before they do anything

This is in response to the metro stalking murder last month in Seoul.

• I see, thanks for clarifying. Either way, I'm just happy quicker action can take place now.

• interesting

maybe the mods can mark it as the best answer as the OP is now banned!!!

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!