How popular is kpop in your country?

• Also, is it more popular than before?

Here, I feel like it became more popular these last 2 years.

Before, people would sometimes make fun of you for liking it (happened to me), but nowadays, I meet do many people who like it, in any sphere of my life.

The same thing goes for anime, rock music etc. Idk, maybe its just because I moved and met many people but I really do get the impression.

• I've met a few people who like kpop but not a lot of them. Mostly elementary schoolers and high schoolers. I'm like their auntie now, but I've been into kpop for longer than some of their lives.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• so i'm from the us and despite people making it seem like kpop is really big here, i still think it's very niche.

I've met a few people who like kpop but not a lot of them. Mostly elementary schoolers and high schoolers. I'm like their auntie now, but I've been into kpop for longer than some of their lives.

It’s gotten more popular in the last few years for sure. Amongst teenage girls it’s pretty big but less so in other age groups etc..

Adults will not be familiar with it unless they have kids who are into it. And if you’re not a kpop fan you won’t know the names of any groups

I actually met a lot of people my age and even older who are into kpop. Its just that they don't talk about it directly, we usually get to the topic later on. I even know people in their 30s who like kpop.

I think that the difference is that kpop is not the only genre they (me included) listen to. Most people only follow their faves since ages ago and that is it. Also, there are so many other topics to talk about.

• I actually met a lot of people my age and even older who are into kpop. Its just that they don't talk about it directly, we usually get to the topic later on. I even know people in their 30s who like kpop.

I think that the difference is that kpop is not the only genre they (me included) listen to. Most people only follow their faves since ages ago and that is it. Also, there are so many other topics to talk about.

I know a couple of people my age who are into kpop too but it's not common the way it is for those 5+ years younger than me.

• Quite popular here in Australia although in recent times we have tarnished our reputation and not as good as we once were but still the best country in my opinion and I wouldn't live anywhere else.

• Quite popular here in Australia although in recent times we have tarnished our reputation and not as good as we once were but still the best country in my opinion and I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Just the other day saw some teens dancing to BTS songs in Darling Harbour.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!