BP growth in 2021

• They kinda hinted they continued working after finishing THE ALBUM cause it was supposed to be released in May last year

They have songs for another full album, the question is will YG normalize full albums for BP after seeing the kind of numbers & response the first one got

They were still in the studio in early September so hopefully they were thinking ahead to this year. Plus, they said Lisa and Jisoo’s solos were pretty much sorted already in like May so that hopefully is a positive.

• They kinda hinted they continued working after finishing THE ALBUM cause it was supposed to be released in May last year

They have songs for another full album, the question is will YG normalize full albums for BP after seeing the kind of numbers & response the first one got

If im YGE, i will give as little songs in album as possible since fans are buying anyway. But more releases of course.

• I kinda have to agree with you there. I think he has enough pull in YGE that he can dictate more content for BP if he wanted. So some of the annoyance I have is definitely with him as well.

I always wonder about how much power Teddy actually has in YGE. Knowing what a control freak psychopath YG himself is, it's hard for me to think that Teddy can actually overrule the misogynist in charge. Teddy also may feel an enormous sense of gratitude towards YG for giving him the chance to achieve all his dreams, Teddy even turned down Lady Gaga when she was at her peak to remain with YG. YG also gave him a sublabel of his own to play with.

I do think Teddy is open to having BP work exclusively with others, the awesome ballad You Never Know was the first BP song without a Teddy credit at all. One thing i remember vividly was Ryan Tedder saying that he produced more than one song for BP. It could show up as one of the solos this year, a B side of a solo, or in the next full group album.

When Teddy pointed to his computer and talked about all the demos they've recorded over the years, the first thought that came to my mind was Bruh, Teddy, if you dont think they're good enough for official release on an album, just release them as a mixtape style gift for long suffering BP fans. X(

• I kinda have to agree with you there. I think he has enough pull in YGE that he can dictate more content for BP if he wanted. So some of the annoyance I have is definitely with him as well.

I mean he straight up said he has alot of BP demos but they're particular with what they put out & he also said many at YG didn't want whistle as bp debut song but THEY still released...

Honestly teddy is probably in full control of BP, BP is his project & the company executives obviously trust his judgment

• If im YGE, i will give as little songs in album as possible since fans are buying anyway. But more releases of course.

But BP is a brand so in order to keep that brand lucrative people need to see that the brand is getting even bigger

Releasing a 3rd mini album with no international distribution will piss off blinks & the sales will obviously be lower

+ they need more than 4 new songs for their next world tour in 2022

• I always wonder about how much power Teddy actually has in YGE. Knowing what a control freak psychopath YG himself is, it's hard for me to think that Teddy can actually overrule the misogynist in charge. Teddy also may feel an enormous sense of gratitude towards YG for giving him the chance to achieve all his dreams, Teddy even turned down Lady Gaga when she was at her peak to remain with YG. YG also gave him a sublabel of his own to play with.

I do think Teddy is open to having BP work exclusively with others, the awesome ballad You Never Know was the first BP song without a Teddy credit at all. One thing i remember vividly was Ryan Tedder saying that he produced more than one song for BP. It could show up as one of the solos this year, a B side of a solo, or in the next full group album.

When Teddy pointed to his computer and talked about all the demos they've recorded over the years, the first thought that came to my mind was Bruh, Teddy, if you dont think they're good enough for official release on an album, just release them as a mixtape style gift for long suffering BP fans. X(

It's not they're not good enough, they just waiting for one to use them like ohhh bp will release a girly song next? Teddy already has a demo so they just fix it up & modernize it if necessary

Like aiiyl 2010 version was probably not the same as the one bp released in 2017

Teddy has alot of demos in his computer but less is more is his & YG motto when

• Honestly if they release a full album this year, they might hit it. I know YG would rather release 8 songs and sell 2M albums then release 4 songs and sell 1M or less. It wouldn’t make any sense for him to not release a full, especially that they have some songs and tons of producers and song-writers who want to work with them. Also if covid ends next year, they would need more than 4 songs for a tour, it’s only logical for YG to release a full album this year

• Honestly if they release a full album this year, they might hit it. I know YG would rather release 8 songs and sell 2M albums then release 4 songs and sell 1M or less. It wouldn’t make any sense for him to not release a full, especially that they have some songs and tons of producers and song-writers who want to work with them. Also if covid ends next year, they would need more than 4 songs for a tour, it’s only logical for YG to release a full album this year

Exactly from a logical perspective, releasing another full album in October is the only way to go ✔️

• I see you are feeling confident, zero doubt about 2 millions now that's bold :suggestiver: hopefully this thread won't get revived to clown you in the future

The Album was reported at 1.331M as of February 1st, but it had a big surge due to the Show at the end of the month of January, so it might be closer to 1.5M (somebody on the forum mentioned 1.577 but I don't know how accurate that is). If you add the 300K+ sales that HYLT single album sold, you're reaching closer to 2M.

a ~ 400k growth would've sounded like a wall in the past, but after this year and the continuous growth of the fandom and of physical sales in kpop in general, maybe it's not so crazy of an obstacle if they release a 10-14 album track at the end of the year.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!