So I listened to Bad Bunny's new album....

• And almost every song has the same beat? In fact almost all reggaeton has that same beat if you know what I mean. Made me wonder why only Kpop fans demand every song from artist to be different or "non-formulaic"

• Different taste I guess? Sometimes I’m into a more cohesive album but it can get boring fast. I like how in kpop you can listen to retro, rnb, edm, latino songs, some bsides tend to be standalone masterpieces!

Both can be good tbh depends on your mood and preferences

• they all use autotune as well. i have a sister who listens to reggaeton and i'm always shocked when i find out the new bad bunny song is actually rauw alejandro or someone else entirely.

• And almost every song has the same beat? In fact almost all reggaeton has that same beat if you know what I mean. Made me wonder why only Kpop fans demand every song from artist to be different or "non-formulaic"

Bad bunny music is terrible, but the people love it, he is the most popular reggaeton singer.

So I guess it is similar to kpop :pepe-devil:

• I agree almost all reggaeton have the same beat, but some of them are catchy. I listened to lots of bad bunny songs but I don't understand why he is popular, nothing special about it. The only artist I like is Karol G and some old songs

I hate reggaeton exactly because it's all the same thing.

Different taste I guess? Sometimes I’m into a more cohesive album but it can get boring fast. I like how in kpop you can listen to retro, rnb, edm, latino songs, some bsides tend to be standalone masterpieces!

Both can be good tbh depends on your mood and preferences

This exactly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!