Are BTS the only responsible ones for saving the environment in their company?

• All these versions yet Proof only gets 2 versions( I don’t want 10+ versions , but 3-4 is reasonable.yes?) , JITB only got 1 Weverse app album( biggest fking atrocity) and limited vinyl.

I’m not shading the groups but the company shouldn’t state environment as a reason for not giving albums to BTS solo acts when it’s obv that’s not the case.

ALSO BIG FKING CONGRATULATIONS TO BTS FOR STILL TOPPING IT WITH THE LEAST VERSIONS

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “Are BTS the only responsible ones for saving the environment in their company” to “Are BTS the only responsible ones for saving the environment in their company?”.
  • I’m not shading the groups but the company shouldn’t state environment as a reason for not giving albums to BTS solo acts when it’s obv that’s not the case.

Agree.

But I also think they tried other method before they decided on J-Hopes version.

I can speak from Txt side of things. Last year we had no problem.

But Txt Thursdays child came out before the BTS solos, it still had a Cd in it. Its had 8 version but the photobook quality is so bad it’s literally falling apart the moment you open it.

It might just be me looking for an explanation why the quality is so sh*t..

I thought that the Txt album was either a trial with more eco friendly materials that miserable failed, or just a temporary solution before they came up with the no album version.

What annoys me is that other companies can do an environmental friendly album but Hybe just decide to axe everything and give photocards with the shipping prices they have??

:ak_hyewon:

• I'm really lost as to what strategy Hybe is going for. I don't mind 2-4 versions for BTS' albums, I actually prefer it that way but Hobi's solo not having an actual physical release is just stupid and I really hope this doesn't become the norm for the future solos.

I'd rather buy the album digitally than pay 10-15 euros for 2 photocards and a qr code...

• I am also very confused tbh. Some deals must have happened behind the scene but why would they want to fumble the bag this bad? One weverse album can already give hobi almost 500k, cant imagine how many proper physicals can deliver.

Bighit Music sure likes to experiment though. They experimented with BE’s lackluster rollout last 2020 (1 super expensive version and 1 cheaper version with >4 months gap) and seeing it didnt work out extremely well, they fixed it with PROOF’s rollout. Is hobi their guinea pig or there are deals happening behind the scene, we’ll never know sadly.

Another user pointing out paper quality, they already experimented with this environmental paper thingy since MOST7 photobook last 2020 but somehow can give normal photobook quality for limited merchs lmaooo they’re so inconsistent.

• Hybe has to show that they don't rely on BTS in any way possible. And they will make really questionable decisions in order to do so. So they will release BTS merch after merch because in their head that shows less dependent on BTS.

I wonder who thought of that. Genius, lmao

While I prefer this era because the boys are even more involved in their content, it's scary that the company prioritizes their next moves and ventures over the artists who actually brought them this far.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!