Why do Koreans love Jennie so much

• I feel like despite her having haters, she is very much loved by koreans. She is not the prettiest to me in bp personally or even among gg idols and she is also quite shy and reserved. What does she have in her?? is it her fashionista chic image? btw please dont think I am an anti, I am not, I just want your opinions.

Approved the thread.
  • Should ask the Koreans. Only they know.

• Lol most people do not care for her. It's just her and Blackpink fans. Your average everyday Korean cares alot more about film or TV actress and entertainers. Just because she's an idol and has a big international fanbase, hosts on TV baby them cos they don't want the backlash.

• Lee hyori doesn't fit Korean beauty standards either but they love her. It's the image.

• she has an aura.

you know when you meet a charismatic person? they don't have to be the prettiest or the coolest for other people to like them, even the opposite - they can be entirely mid in terms of appearance but they just radiate that specific energy that makes them likeable and makes others look up to them, whether be it as a role model or just as a nice person to be friends with.

well, jennie has this aura. she's the type that makes people turn heads when she enters the room. her presence is too strong and this is not something you learn or you can fake with clothing. it's something you're born with. i know such a person myself and it's amazing how popular he is among everyone, guys and girls equally, despite being nothing special in terms of looks. he just has an energy that draws others toward him.

same with jennie. of course, her looks and exclusive image also play a big role. but as you said, there are many beautiful idols and few of them has the same impact. that's exactly because a very small portion of these idols have this IT factor that jennie has.

• As a blink I can I can say that there is something about her I don't know how to explain it . I know people tend to exaggerate when they say some idols have certain duality about them. Well, it really happens with Jennie.

Jennie has this allure to her on stage that's very appealing to people but can be cute and soft at the same time.

People either see Jennie as a ice cold princess or very intimidating but she is genuinely an introverted person, who is also a social butterfly like she is friends with everyone. As far as fashion goes, her interest in fashion is pretty much real, she is the one who came up with the idea of having hanbok outfits for how you like that. I hope this helps lol

• Lol ppl only give shit about her after Irene's scandal. I know a filler it girl when I see one.

• She's what girls aspire to be.

She's good looking, rich, has famous friends all over the world, goes to big parties in the US, fashionable ("human Chanel"), she has dated or has rumoured to have dated some of the biggest idols in South Korea. She basically has the dream life and career for I can imagine a lot of Korean females which is why she's so popular with CF's. People want to be her which is why she is a trendsetter. I'd more align her with someone like Kylie Jenner or other big socialites in the US than any other idol.

Korean used to be obsessed with that Freezia girl for a similar reason, they like vicariously living through such celebrities.

• You sound bitter, also Jennie is way bigger in Korea than Irene ever was, plus she also has global campaigns and endorsements which Irene never did pre scandal.

Prada and Clinique say hi :suure:

• Well firstly her visuals aren’t even the conventional KBS type, which makes it all the more impressive that she’s regarded as both a fashion AND visual icon there. Young women literally reference her face to their plastic surgeons.

Second, if you want to trace her it girl popularity from where it truly began, you can look at the variety show episodes that went crazy viral because of Jennie’s cuteness. People already knew she was a beast on stage, and then they melted at her adorableness. She just has that quality to change her mannerisms in seconds, and this is killer charisma that very few have.

So now we come to today, where she’s a fashion icon of Korea. And I think part of what makes her so prominent is because not only are her fits cool and interesting, they’re also trendy and wearable. GD is a fashion icon but he pushed the mold to a weirder territory that not everyone could digest. Meanwhile Jennie rocks what she knows she’s good at. And it doesn’t hurt that her body proportions are very nice and can pull off everything she wears.

• She's uniquely pretty

• She's gorgeous, from top GG, friendly, associate herself with insiders, + funny

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• she's a nepo baby so it's obvious her company pushed her in her early days more considering how powerful her parents are

but she's not even that relevant in SK anymore

• she's a nepo baby so it's obvious her company pushed her in her early days more considering how powerful her parents are

Y’all be accusing anyone of being a nepo baby huh, if she’s not that relevant in sk then idk what relevance is

• Lol most people do not care for her. It's just her and Blackpink fans. Your average everyday Korean cares alot more about film or TV actress and entertainers. Just because she's an idol and has a big international fanbase, hosts on TV baby them cos they don't want the backlash.

hold on... Oh my god... What's that smell... You REEK of it

Wait wait wait wait, I think I recognize it... It's called ENVY! ACCEPT THAT YOUR FAVES ARE NOT ON JENNIE'S LEVEL AND STOP BEING MAD ABOUT IT CLOWN

First of all, learn what a nepobaby is, it means being connected to an actual famous people and that your fame came due it. Maude Apatow, Gigi Hadid, Kylie Jenner, those are actual nepobabys, they had famous relatives and that is why they became famous. An actual nepo baby in the industry is someone like Twice Jeongyeon, who has a famous actress sister.

Jennie doesn't have that, her mother is the only people know about her and she isn't famous, she does have money, but that isn't the reason Jennie got famous. She went into training just like everybody else who is a trainee under companies, and she got pushed because she was the most popular around the gp, the initial target of BP. Not because her parents are richer.

And that she isn't relevant anymore, please, she literally was one of the most searched female idol this year in youtube without a comeback, all the others above in the list had a comeback. And lets not forget she still basically the face of 3 big brands in SK only, if she wasn't relevant this day she wouldn't be renewing her contracts with the brands. She still the only IT GIRL of SK, so keep her name out of your mouth.

• First of all, learn what a nepobaby is, it means being connected to an actual famous people and that your fame came due it. Maude Apatow, Gigi Hadid, Kylie Jenner, those are actual nepobabys, they had famous relatives and that is why they became famous. An actual nepo baby in the industry is someone like Twice Jeongyeon, who has a famous actress sister.

Jennie doesn't have that, her mother is the only people know about her and she isn't famous, she does have money, but that isn't the reason Jennie got famous. She went into training just like everybody else who is a trainee under companies, and she got pushed because she was the most popular around the gp, the initial target of BP. Not because her parents are richer.

And that she isn't relevant anymore, please, she literally was one of the most searched female idol this year in youtube without a comeback, all the others above in the list had a comeback. And lets not forget she still basically the face of 3 big brands in SK only, if she wasn't relevant this day she wouldn't be renewing her contracts with the brands. She still the only IT GIRL of SK, so keep her name out of your mouth.

she is a nepo baby her mother is a large shareholder for CJ E&M the literal biggest music company in SK! her mom had all the connections and resources for Jennie to debut in YG and even star in mvs/songs before debut

also did you just call her the only it girl in SK? lmaooo pure delusion even Hwasa at her peak shits on Jennie's popularity in sk

Yoona, Suzy and even Irene were waaay bigger it girls

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!