Is Pop! by Nayeon a hit?

• Very well said and put together.

I might have to copy your post exactly if I ever need it to defend Nayeon.

I also want to mention Japan's achievement is also quiet impressive and Japan is the 2nd largest music market so that is also quiet relevant in terms of gauging Nayeons success

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These are just records and achievements. For non records she's still doing incredible well and stable in Japan.

• Only in Korea clowns still at it I see :facepalm::facepalm:

Shhhh, remember that Japan doesn't matter where Twice are concerned (even tho Pop is also beating The Feels JPN Spotify records) ;-)

• Only in Korea clowns still at it I see :facepalm::facepalm:

Shhhh, remember that Japan doesn't matter where Twice are concerned (even tho Pop is also beating The Feels JPN Spotify records) ;-)

People also dont realize just how big Japans market is. 2nd largest is only a placement. Japan is about the same size as 3rd and 4th market combined and many times larger than South Korea about 20x larger than Chinas.

• People also dont realize just how big Japans market is. 2nd largest is only a placement. Japan is about the same size as 3rd and 4th market combined and many times larger than South Korea about 20x larger than Chinas.

I think kpop having a history of success in Japan makes people undervalue it given the expansion in the West that's been happening the last few years, when really it's a much better market then the US for Kpop still (just compare tour venue sizes between the countries).

• I think kpop having a history of success in Japan makes people undervalue it given the expansion in the West that's been happening the last few years, when really it's a much better market then the US for Kpop still (just compare tour venue sizes between the countries).

Yes, Japan is technically the larger market right now.

While US is double Japan's market size, kpop has a much larger share in Japan right now which means success in Japan right now is actually more important than US.

But to be fair, the US market has much larger untapped potential so kpop groups will still want to aim for the US in the future, especially as kpop continue to grow but because Twice and Nayeon wasn't huge in US before, those arguing Twice has peaked has not factor into the fact that Twice is just starting to grow globally right now which means they have alot of room to grow still.

• It is a smash with a great longevity in korea, japan and internationally.

• No worries quote as needed, if people want to call her a flop they really need to get their brains checked. I don't know how someone can say she is flopping in Korea when she has been stable in the top 5 for weeks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!