Group members should be blamed too for scandalous hair, outfit, music plagiarism, inappropriate samples, problematic lyrics

• Group members should be blamed too for scandalous hair, outfit, music plagiarism, inappropriate samples, problematic lyrics

totally not inspired by tetetete

but I dont get it when people put all the blame for scandalous stuff on the company

They'd be like my fav is a fashion icon, but they definitely did not choose that scandalous hair, outfit, the stylist forced them

They'd be like my fav is a self-producer, but they definitely did not hear their own song before release so they didnt know about the music plagiarism, inappropriate samples, problematic lyrics

pick your battles

either your favs are puppets and cannot be blamed or they got creative control and the problematic shit is on them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They'd be like my fav is a fashion icon, but they definitely did not choose that scandalous hair, outfit, the stylist forced them

They'd be like my fav is a self-producer, but they definitely did not hear their own song before release so they didnt know about the music plagiarism, inappropriate samples, problematic lyrics

SPEAK

YOUR

TRUTH

Monique Heart Fix Hair GIF - Monique Heart Fix Hair Rpdr - Discover & Share  GIFs

• SPEAK

YOUR

TRUTH

I absolutely get a kick when people say a group didn't know about the lyrics they literally sing or rap

Like how???????? It's not humanly possible

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• what is scandalous

That depends on the person

But let's say a fan finds a certain hair style scandalous, I find it weird that they overdose on copium by claiming its all on the stylist and they won't hate their favs for it

• I absolutely get a kick when people say a group didn't know about the lyrics they literally sing or rap

Like how???????? It's not humanly possible

I get it if it's like ignorance, like for example saying or mouthing a word from a song that isn't yours, not knowing that it is offensive.

But if you are a whole ass songwriter or producer, and when your lyrics get called out for being offensive, own your shit. Don't hide behind de "oh he/she didn't write that part it's someone else" or "oh that sample is not plagiarized by him/her they didn't do that part" and I'm like BITCH

So if the song is amazing and perfect you are a creative genius but if something goes wrong SURE IT'S EVERYONE ELSES FAULT BUT YOURS

And you know what? Fans will EAT THAT SHITTY EXCUSE UP if it is their faves, but DRAG THE ASS OF ANOTHER IDOL if it isn't their faves

• I truly respect people who own their mistake more than those who just blame whoever else and throw them under the bus

• You do you I guess

• hihihi, lowkey waiting for tetetete to come here

she already liked my op lmao

• That depends on the person

But let's say a fan finds a certain hair style scandalous, I find it weird that they overdose on copium by claiming its all on the stylist and they won't hate their favs for it

yeah but what do you mean by scandalous

how can a hairstyle be scandalous

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• yeah but what do you mean by scandalous

how can a hairstyle be scandalous

as I said it depends on the individual fans perception

Someone can find a hair problematic others may not

the point is who they ultimately blame for it

• I can't hate an Idol for futile things , Only serious crimes are unforgivable

Good but then again it's about who people blame for these things

• To be honest I wished idols and labels had equal say in everything. So they could be equally responsible for everything. But idk idols are sometimes like mindless robots lol. For example, some stage outfits are so ugly. I wonder how they even agree to wear those.

• well i agree that people over use fashion icon and musical genius most idols have minimum input on music put out and clothes they wear especially early on if it exist at all

What i find funny is that bibi really just went live on ig saying shes starving and they wont let her eat or sleep than the company with s statement saying thats not true. Everyone thinks the company is lying or covering it up.

So i'll throw the question back at you how much control do you really think idols have?

• I can't hate an Idol for futile things , Only serious crimes are unforgivable

Preach! As the world should be. None of the petty bullshit that would never hold anyone else accountable for 🤡.

The lyric thing I can understand if they are thr one producing it. Everything else from hair to fashion? That's all bullshit. Realize 99% of all idols including BTS are styled by their agency and it's stylist. These idols are not G Dragon literally the only idol that is never dressed up by anyone but himself period. Before anyone even thinks of arguing anyone else is at that level, let me remind you that every year up until hiatus army had been complaining to hybe about poor fitting or "ugly outfits" the stylist have dressed the members in same for hairstyling too.

Most idols are not GD and have little to no authority over how they are dressed or styled. So it would NOT be right to hate on them for something controversial coming up.

Hypocrites should keep that same energy. Say this about random people you see on the street? Won't ever happen because the public will think you crazy for trying to tell a total stranger how to live their life and confronting someone is a easy way to start a fight and an ass to get kicked so these types of people will never approach a random person or their staff,backup dancers etc that have these hairstyles etc. But if the idol has it? Yo lets bully them until they kill themselves 🤡🤡🤡🤡 ✋. That mentality is fucking crazy

• well i agree that people over use fashion icon and musical genius most idols have minimum input on music put out and clothes they wear especially early on if it exist at all

What i find funny is that bibi really just went live on ig saying shes starving and they wont let her eat or sleep than the company with s statement saying thats not true. Everyone thinks the company is lying or covering it up.

So i'll throw the question back at you how much control do you really think idols have?

Agenda driven "fans"🤡 will ignore all of this so they can claim xyz idol is bad and is enough to bully them until they commit suicide. Crazy how irrational these people are, preach tolorence and other sjw bullshit, but are often the most toxic hypocritical people out there.

To me this is how Bibi scenario will play out

Either she is in full control of her art and actions and she messed up with that method acting

Or she is not the full hand on artist her fans claimed and she is controlled by her company

The impossible scenario that I'm protesting against is when fans claim someone is in full control of their career, but then blame the company for mishaps

• Who says this? Like really who claims their artist is in full control of their career? BTS probably has the most say in what they do as an artist and i dont even think army believes they a full control especially not early on.

• Who says this? Like really who claims their artist is in full control of their career? BTS probably has the most say in what they do as an artist and i dont even think army believes they a full control especially not early on.

there are many fans who do believe that and that's why when the groups do sth they fall into a spiral of blame game.

Then again my examples were very specific..

If an idol boasts about being a lyricist, does it make sense for fans to blame others for plagiarized or problematic lyrics?

• there are many fans who do believe that and that's why when the groups do sth they fall into a spiral of blame game.

If an idol boasts about being a lyricist, does it make sense for fans to blame others for plagiarized or problematic lyrics?

yes if they produced or wrote the lyrics no if they didnt

• Agree, This is why I don't blame an idol for little things (hair, fashion, song, etc.) the company has 90% control over them,

the only thing they have is their private life ... a private life which represents only 10%

<< Typa &irl >>

• there are many fans who do believe that and that's why when the groups do sth they fall into a spiral of blame game.

Yes? If an member was able to get a writing credits for contributing to a song in a minor way, the other members will probably get them to talk about it in interviews, it doesn't make it particularly more likely that they'll recognize that parts of the song were plagiarized. Just because you come up with a lyric doesn't mean you suddenly know every song in the world by ear.

• Yes? If an member was able to get a writing credits for contributing to a song in a minor way, the other members will probably get them to talk about it in interviews, it doesn't make it particularly more likely that they'll recognize that parts of the song were plagiarized. Just because you come up with a lyric doesn't mean you suddenly know every song in the world by ear.

what if they are listed as the lyricist and the lyrics is plagiarized or problematic?

also there are softwares to check plagiarism

• what if they are listed as the lyricist and the lyrics is plagiarized or problematic?

If they are listed as the only lyricist and the lyrics are plagiarized then sure, but regardless of whether the rapper for instance contributes to the rap lyrics, they still listen to the song at the exact same time as all the other members, their credits should be wholly irrelevant to much they are to blame for the songwriter plagiarising the song if we are being realistic.

• what if they are listed as the lyricist and the lyrics is plagiarized or problematic?

This is still irrelevant. People are human and flawed they are not god's they are not omnipresent they can't and will not know everything. Even massive record labels and a list world artists still get plagiarism both in soundtrack and lyrics. Because the software is not fool proof it can't check every song ever made in every language and country and genre.

It's just everything about kpop idols is heavily monitored 24/7 especially by fans. Whens the last time people were all up in Beyonce and Kanye west business 24/7 to know if something was plagrized? These artists and their record labels keep things in house and it gets solved in house. But because how everyone watches kpop like a hawk they can't work things out quietly.

But that's besides the point. Fact of the matter is nobody is capable of all knowing, to expect someone to stop and sit around and devote countless days months and years to learning every song, lyric, language and potential cultural sensetivity is unreasonable. Nobody has the time for that and the hypocrites asking for this stuff will never do it themselves.

A good example of one is the Japanese flag, for the most part around the world it's celebrated and people like it, its even apart of popular culture in many countries especially with manga anime, video games and even rock music.

But its offensive to Koreans, how are you supposed to know that? You could probably search for thing's that make xyz angry, and come up with the most common things or even ask people and its very likely something out of the ordinary like this would never be mentioned. So again how can you know something is bad when you have literally no idea what to look for? Some of the " offensive" stuff is something the average person wouldn't know unless they lived there and were apart of that culture and society.

The whole woke bs over kpop is bullshit

• you are going off on tangent

I never advocated for idols to get grilled 247 for small mistakes

People who truly own their work, they own up to its bad as much as its good

Then again, most kpop idols dont truly own their work as I learnt from the other thread. Their fans just like to present them as such.

• Key wearing bdsm outfit one time in a song and never doing it again is Scandalous

#canceled

that I agree

+ he said he initially planned to do it without the jacket but chickened out last min

• I agree. Idols that have control over their own image and music should release apologies under their own name, not simply release a company statement. If they weren't involved in writing/composing/producing a song then company/producer statement is fine but if they have credits on it then they also have responsibility.

• Never said you did. It's that this is usually what most of the outrage people want. You see idols get destroyed, bullied harrassed and told to kill themselves over them saying something when they wee fucking 12. Ignoring the fact they changed from that as an adult and their past constantly gets dragged up to throw in their faces like people can't change or anything.

An idol could have said fa*g*t as a joke to their friends at the age of 12 because its immature edgy kid shit. But they would get railroaded like they raped a baby and went on school shooting and is Hitler. Because if something petty as a kid. That's a huge problem in kpop fan community the expectation that these people are 100009% perfect

• Never said you did. It's that this is usually what most of the outrage people want. You see idols get destroyed, bullied harrassed and told to kill themselves over them saying something when they wee fucking 12. Ignoring the fact they changed from that as an adult and their past constantly gets dragged up to throw in their faces like people can't change or anything.

An idol could have said fa*g*t as a joke to their friends at the age of 12 because its immature edgy kid shit. But they would get railroaded like they raped a baby and went on school shooting and is Hitler. Because if something petty as a kid. That's a huge problem in kpop fan community the expectation that these people are 100009% perfect

and you are still listing bunch of triggering thing for the shock factor instead of addressing the topic of the thread

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!