Will SM skip the 4th gen for Boygroups?

• NCT Hollywood soon

2x

Elon will debut NCT Mars :finger-heart:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think 4th gen is ending soon

4th gen groups just got warmed up

Most them haven't even been to a real year end award show or had individual concerts

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly, a new NCT Unit could still pass as a 4th Gen BG to me. Cuz NCT as a whole is continuous, so why wouldn’t they continue into new generations as well?

With that said, SM said they’re also debuting a new BG as a whole, so should have nothing to do with NCT

Just wonder what the 3 new SM Rookies that were revealed recently would be under

• Don't see much future for WayV, but you're right I guess

I agree with NCT Tokyo being 4th gen, I wonder if they will be treated as kpop group ou something more akin to Niziu

WayV may not be as big as the other sub-units, but has comparable sales to a mid-tier Kpop bg, which is not too shabby for singing in Chinese. They are the most streamed Chinese group on Spotify.

External Content twitter.com

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I don't think 4th gen is ending soon

4th gen groups just got warmed up

Most them haven't even been to a real year end award show or had individual concerts

Even with the pandemic I could understand talks about a 5th gen for girlgroups on like 3 years. For boygroups tho... Talking about a 5th gen with the current situation anytime soon would be... weird.

• WayV had such good momentum after Resonance... Their sales grew a lot and Kick Back was pretty successfull on China, then with their "units" songs (like Low Low) they were getting more and more expectations for a comeback and... that happened. I think they were on their way to sell pretty good, like almost million sellers territory with their next comeback, not even kidding...

• but 2nd gen was like 2003-2011

I feel like 2nd gen was more like 2005-2011. I understand TVXQ debuted in 2004, but seems more like an outlier, there was very few active groups. After 2005 kpop landscape started booming again.

I can see 4th gen stretched until 2024, but more than that? Groups from 2018 will be 7 years old in 2025, this is currently Twice's career length

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!