KPOP BG & GG 2022 FIRST-HALF RESULTS

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The BGs results in the first-half of 2022:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The GGs results in the first-half of 2022:

External Content www.youtube.com

Well it's interesting, and now I kinda wonder about how would the stats be for the 2nd half?

• Appreciate the plotting of data on the graph for a visualisation, but i’m not here for the dude acting like selling 200k for ggs or FEMALE SOLOISTS is just some measly feat lmao yes the market is growing but it only means selling 800k is a very impressive achievement, NOT that selling 200k now doesn’t give the artist much income bc it’s a lot smaller than 800k. That’s like criticising that a millionaire is so mediocre bc he’s not a billionaire lol. Also there’s that part when he tried to show where rookie ggs from nugu companies would appear on the chart, and i get that their positions would be very low to the left, but they still have to be on the right side of the y axis and above the x axis almost next to the zero, but the dude plotted them way to the left below zero as if they’re selling negative albums and amassing negative listeners lmao that’s not how it works in maths when the x and y axes meet at zero my dude :facepalm:

• Appreciate the plotting of data on the graph for a visualisation, but i’m not here for the dude acting like selling 200k for ggs or FEMALE SOLOISTS is just some measly feat lmao yes the market is growing but it only means selling 800k is a very impressive achievement, NOT that selling 200k now doesn’t give the artist much income bc it’s a lot smaller than 800k. That’s like criticising that a millionaire is so mediocre bc he’s not a billionaire lol. Also there’s that part when he tried to show where rookie ggs from nugu companies would appear on the chart, and i get that their positions would be very low to the left, but they still have to be on the right side of the y axis and above the x axis almost next to the zero, but the dude plotted them way to the left below zero as if they’re selling negative albums and amassing negative listeners lmao that’s not how it works in maths when the x and y axes meet at zero my dude :facepalm:

yeah kinda agree on that, but on the bgs video, he explains that this is not a clean profit, because you still need to factoring on the production cost, promotion and such.
    For the plotted thing, yeah he is indeed exaggerating ;(

• yeah kinda agree on that, but on the bgs video, he explains that this is not a clean profit, because you still need to factoring on the production cost, promotion and such.
    For the plotted thing, yeah he is indeed exaggerating ;(

Yeah of course ik they don’t take home the raw sales from 200k albums, but you have to understand that 50k was considered very good for non big 3 ggs only like half a decade ago. Snsd at their peak sold on average 200k-300k per album and they were a wall in physical sales back then. Obviously 200k is not a small number at all and no matter how much profit is left after deducting the expenditure, the ability to move 200k albums alone is already very impressive for ggs and that amount evidently is more than capable of sustaining a gg on top of other revenues. The price of albums rises with time too so it’s not like selling 200k now only amounts to 50k back then in terms of raw revenue when accounted for inflation

Edited once, last by Whi ().

• Ok, I got to the Enhypen part and why are they below 1M and he says other groups sell more which isn't true? I assume he's talking about 4th gen groups. Their position is inaccurate.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Ok, I got to the Enhypen part and why are they below 1M and he says other groups sell more which isn't true? I assume he's talking about 4th gen groups. Their position is inaccurate.

But they were under 1M for the first half of 2022. This is about January 1-June 30. The album they just released wouldn't count in their total for this video.

• Did he count only Dimension : Answer sales? Even if that's it, their result isn't disappointing since it's just a repackaged album. This guy is very biased.

sFWYLKc.gif

• But they were under 1M for the first half of 2022. This is about January 1-June 30. The album they just released wouldn't count in their total for this video.

I just realized. But still, this guy is wrong in saying their result is disappointing because others sold more since they had mini/studio albums out and Enhypen had just a repack.

sFWYLKc.gif

• Did he count only Dimension : Answer sales? Even if that's it, their result isn't disappointing since it's just a repackaged album. This guy is very biased.

He didn't use a thing called "context". He doesn't know any insights about the numbers he is talking about. He is "analysing" only from what he has been shown and using the words he has heard over the years to show his "insights".

• He didn't use a thing called "context". He doesn't know any insights about the numbers he is talking about. He is "analysing" only from what he has been shown and using the words he has heard over the years to show his "insights".

This. He also showed concern for BTS because they performed worse than before but didn't consider the fact that there are only 2 expensive versions and it's not a brand new album, there are just 3 new songs.

sFWYLKc.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!