XG - MASCARA BOP & FLOP!

• eh, this song was a flop for me. Just not my type of song. I likes tippy toes better. but man their company is shit and promotion!! no one even knew they were coming back lol

• Oh, that's really cool! I hope they can define it too, but that concept/idea is pretty unique (at least to me).

It is, but some groups/songs do it more often and more noticeable than others. Some only do cheesy English lines once in a while, while other do it much more often. For me, they did it just a bit too often for my taste, but I blame the songwriters, not the girls. They should have done them better. I think it would have been more palatable for me if there were only one or two super cheesy lines and the rest were relatively normal if that makes sense.

It is, however I feel they are trying to be too many things niche at once and it might hinder their possibilities at making it big, they are aiming at too many targets and probably hitting none. On the upside, I love their style and music, they could very well be up there as one of the strong girl groups.

As to the cheesy English, I'm not a native English speaker but I find this song a decent job for people who are not English speakers either (except Harvey, maybe). At least this list of cheesy English phrases sounds good and makes sense. No "shut your mouth, open your tongue," kind of thing.

Idk if ive gotten too used to cringe lyrics but i literally felt nothing when i listened to mascara lmao i was like yeh bop this is my party i can cry if i want to :pepemusic:

Same, that line in particular reminds me of an old Englishman I used to know who would sing that.

Yeah that might be why they aren't working for me yet. Hard to tell what they are going for....

Exactly.

• It is, however I feel they are trying to be too many things niche at once and it might hinder their possibilities at making it big, they are aiming at too many targets and probably hitting none. On the upside, I love their style and music, they could very well be up there as one of the strong girl groups.

As to the cheesy English, I'm not a native English speaker but I find this song a decent job for people who are not English speakers either (except Harvey, maybe). At least this list of cheesy English phrases sounds good and makes sense. No "shut your mouth, open your tongue," kind of thing.

Same, that line in particular reminds me of an old Englishman I used to know who would sing that.

Exactly.

They're actually extremely talented and hit every field. Rap? check! Dance? check! Vocals? check!

But the CEO is too ambitious right now. I also dont know if tippy toes was good for a debut song, i feel like it cost them some hype.

Lmao i know its an old english song?? or something but as someone who used to listen to a lot of Melanie Martinez it reminds me of her :pepemusic:

• They're actually extremely talented and hit every field. Rap? check! Dance? check! Vocals? check!

But the CEO is too ambitious right now. I also dont know if tippy toes was good for a debut song, i feel like it cost them some hype.

Lmao i know its an old english song?? or something but as someone who used to listen to a lot of Melanie Martinez it reminds me of her :pepemusic:

They cover everything but I think that being a Japanese kpop-ish group who sings in English makes them apealing in the same way people would choose not to get into them as one trait may make people choose not to get into them (kind like all those groups who make kpop inspired music and none of the members is Korean). I don't know if I'm getting my point across here. They have everything to succeed but going for so many things at once (Japanese kpop-ish group who sings in English) might make harder to attract followers.

I thought it was an old English song as he was the only one I ever heard sung it.

• They cover everything but I think that being a Japanese kpop-ish group who sings in English makes them apealing in the same way people would choose not to get into them as one trait may make people choose not to get into them (kind like all those groups who make kpop inspired music and none of the members is Korean). I don't know if I'm getting my point across here. They have everything to succeed but going for so many things at once (Japanese kpop-ish group who sings in English) might make harder to attract followers.

I thought it was an old English song as he was the only one I ever heard sung it.

Yeah i get what u mean and i completely agree

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!