XG - MASCARA BOP & FLOP!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Definitely better than their debut.

but idk about this group. Their music is fine, but something isn't clicking for me... but they don't have a lot out yet so I shouldn't make hard judgements.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• The beat is nice enough and I can vibe with it, but the lyrics are too cringey for me. It's even worse because they're all in English, so I can actually understand them. It's like the song writers found the cheesiest and cringiest lines they could coherently string together and used all of them back-to-back. No hate to the girls though, they just sang what they were told to and did their best.

• I mean that is basically all of kpop music.

But as you say, since is English is easy to understand the cheesiness.

• Definitely better than their debut.

but idk about this group. Their music is fine, but something isn't clicking for me... but they don't have a lot out yet so I shouldn't make hard judgements.

For me, it's the fact that they are a combination of a lot of things and I think people might find that confusing when trying to classify them: they are a mostly Japanese group singing songs made in the kpop formula and sung in English, it´s a lot of things that make them belong everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Like you, I hope they can define what they are going to do, I personally wish they have more promotions.

The beat is nice enough and I can vibe with it, but the lyrics are too cringey for me. It's even worse because they're all in English, so I can actually understand them. It's like the song writers found the cheesiest and cringiest lines they could coherently string together and used all of them back-to-back. No hate to the girls though, they just sang what they were told to and did their best.

Isn't using every cheesey line in English one of the main features of kpop? I found the song could be a strong girl anthem like New Rules but I feel it is going to fly under the radar

• For me, it's the fact that they are a combination of a lot of things and I think people might find that confusing when trying to classify them: they are a mostly Japanese group singing songs made in the kpop formula and sung in English, it´s a lot of things that make them belong everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Like you, I hope they can define what they are going to do, I personally wish they have more promotions.

Isn't using every cheesey line in English one of the main features of kpop? I found the song could be a strong girl anthem like New Rules but I feel it is going to fly under the radar

Yeah that might be why they aren't working for me yet. Hard to tell what they are going for....

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• THEY HAD A COMEBACK? WHY WAS THIS LIKE NOT PROMOTED AT ALL? I HAD NO IDEA

They've been performing it on shows this time.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They've been performing it on shows this time.

External Content www.youtube.com

YASSS I NEED A LIVE OF TIPPY TOES NOW TOO :pleading:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• For me, it's the fact that they are a combination of a lot of things and I think people might find that confusing when trying to classify them: they are a mostly Japanese group singing songs made in the kpop formula and sung in English, it´s a lot of things that make them belong everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Like you, I hope they can define what they are going to do, I personally wish they have more promotions.

Oh, that's really cool! I hope they can define it too, but that concept/idea is pretty unique (at least to me).

It is, but some groups/songs do it more often and more noticeable than others. Some only do cheesy English lines once in a while, while other do it much more often. For me, they did it just a bit too often for my taste, but I blame the songwriters, not the girls. They should have done them better. I think it would have been more palatable for me if there were only one or two super cheesy lines and the rest were relatively normal if that makes sense.

• Oh, that's really cool! I hope they can define it too, but that concept/idea is pretty unique (at least to me).

It is, but some groups/songs do it more often and more noticeable than others. Some only do cheesy English lines once in a while, while other do it much more often. For me, they did it just a bit too often for my taste, but I blame the songwriters, not the girls. They should have done them better. I think it would have been more palatable for me if there were only one or two super cheesy lines and the rest were relatively normal if that makes sense.

Idk if ive gotten too used to cringe lyrics but i literally felt nothing when i listened to mascara lmao i was like yeh bop this is my party i can cry if i want to :pepemusic:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!