Do you think this makes sense?

• A friend over here from the US told me people can get jobs in the US today not necessarily having a relevant academic degree, hands on experience matters more when a job is applied that works for most industries.

He said if college tuition is too expensive in the US for someone, simple, dont buy it, and that for example people can learn programming on youtube that offers what you cant learn in colleges. all classes and knowledge from harvard university is free online but you need to pay for the degree if you want one and attend classes in campus. there are some fields exacting about degree such as wall streets, medical and some super white collar but most others are like if you can stand out by other means degree would help but not a must.

Saw some users here worried about school loans..

Share thoughts?

Nyaz

YouChanDoThis

bubble-head

Jichu

Kataphract

4NIA4

• School is still the way to go in this world!

taking shortcuts in life is never a good idea imho

this might work out once in a blue moon for IT jobs or for some geek founding Apple or FB in his garage but in the end.....

School is the only way to get a proper jump start in 2022! Unless you wanna flip burgers at BK for the next 10 years hoping to strike gold at some point.

• Depends on what degree you want to be honest. Some are worth it, some aren't. If you really want to enrich your knowledge, college is the way to go. Honestly, you probably won't make as much money on average without a degree but of course, you have to weigh that with the tuition costs. Having a degree gives you more options of course. To be blunt, college in the US can be very affordable if people just work hard in high school and proactively look for scholarship money. You don't even have to write any essays to get a huge chunk of change. Of course, if you are not fresh out of high school, this is more difficult and the cons may outweigh the risks.

I hear a lot over the radio about classes you can take to learn to code in a short amount of time and then go right into the workforce. Not sure if it is indeed that easy but it sounds worth a try if you couldn't go to college right after high school.

• Degree or experience depends on the type of job.

I have friends with master's degrees and Ph.D. who can't afford to buy a house due to the mass amount of student loans.

On the other hand, I also have friends who never went to college that make 6-figure salaries. This is due to the Union agreement and overtime pay rate.

• Not familiar with White Collar Jobs so much.

Internships? On the Job training.

Starting at entry level Job in the company and advance with experience.

I have seen its "who you know is more important than what you know" operate in White Collar jobs.

Correspondence School that focuses on a Career is a fast track to a job.

Silicone Valley is nearby. Tech Dot Com Company structure are wild. Like Religious Cult systems more than traditional Corporate. Seems being a Creative employee is important. Also Brain Drain from other Countries occur. It's wild XD

• Where there is a will, there is a way. If you really want to go to college, but are worried about the costs, scholarships, any money your family can contribute to help you, work study, part time jobs, saving money as much as possible, the FAFSA and similar things will all add up and end up helping you more than you think. Also, online colleges and community colleges can both be much more affordable than most colleges, and you'll still get a degree from them.

Due to the costs of college, I think people should mostly go there if they REALLY need it for a job they really want (to the point where they likely won't get hired without one) or if they're one of the most passionate people when it comes to learning that there is. Otherwise, if a degree is not important, they can research on the internet what they want to learn for much less money.

• a degree doesn't guarantee success or even a job tbh. it's better to have connections or a lot of experience. i think growing up here, going to college is pushed really hard as the only way to have any success as an adult, but that just isn't the case. it isn't for everyone.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Watch the whole thang challenge !! :moneyk::merongk:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

powerful jooe :love::clown: :joy: :)

battery bunny embedded~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!