There is one thing I wonder about the victim's side when akp users or knetz share school bullying experiences

• When parents are working 12hrs a day, I don't think expect them to have enough time to listen to their kids. They had their own issues. I heard somewhere that Koreans in general are workaholics. No wonder they don't have enough time to spend with their children.

I think it's best for someone like me not to have kids

I will legit go berserk and get myself arrested if someone touch a hair on a child of mine

I will definitely over react and do sth criminal myself

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's really upsetting

My teachers didn't do anything too

But my mom is scary, they were shitting their pants after she was done with them.

My mom did throw a fit at school a few times when I had some problems with teachers especially (the physics teacher once grabbed my hair for not drawing some lines correctly, and she also threatened to cut my hair herself if I didn't shorten my bangs, a psychotic bitch). But other than that, she is quite emotionally immature and this made it hard for me to open up to her (and people in general).

• My mom did throw a fit at school a few times when I had some problems with teachers especially (the physics teacher once grabbed my hair for not drawing some lines correctly, and she also threatened to cut my hair herself if I didn't shorten my bangs, a psychotic bitch). But other than that, she is quite emotionally immature and this made it hard for me to open up to her (and people in general).

A teacher pulled your hair? I assume not a western country?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Because some parents are shitty and pull the "He likes you" card when their daughter is getting bullied by a guy. Some of them are too busy with their job or whatever as well.

The worst ones are the ones who tell their kid to suck it up and ignore the bullies. I'm sorry but that's not really how it works.

• My father was away working when I was in high school (many moons ago) and didn't know about the bullying that didn't start until Year 9 anyway. It was a coastal school and the teachers and kids were hateful. I used to wag it a lot to avoid them. My mother only found out about the truanting. Back in the 80's, that sort of thing was not policed like it is today. Also at my second high school I was bullied by my teacher for three years just because I didn't talk in class. Again, nothing could be done about it in those days, nowadays he would be sacked. That left a more profound effect on me than being bullied by a mob of kids in a classroom.

• Some children are great actors and would never tell their parents they are bullied because they are ashamed or are afraid that the parents will do something, which could make the child be bullied more, if it fails.

Why do you not blame the bully's parents to before that? They should notice if they child is mean to others.

Sometimes it is also not possible to change anything, even if the parents get involved. Teachers etc. are often too afraid or too lazy to do something against it, the bulmy's parents don't care about others and think the best of their child (for example one of the bullies in my class bullied a girl very severely and chased her with a scissor. The team she tried to mend the problem and to fix the relationship and talked to all parents etc. but do you k ow what the parents of the bully said? They said that the children should decide how to solve the problem alone and not with the teacher or parents).

And sometimes you can't change schools because it is too far away or you will lose your only friends etc.

So again why do you not ask where the bully's parents were? Or where the teachers were?

• You'd be surprised how often parents refused to see what their children really are.

• I never spoke to my parents about being bullied at school. I was a weird kid and still am a weird person..

But also my own brother was pretty much a bully and my parents never cared about anything mean he said to me...

I would overhear my mother being scared I would commit suicide and wonder why I never left my house of had any friends and she took me to a therapist and stuff but it didn't really help and anyway my father was pretty lax about it or she would've done more and I also didn't want to say anything at the time cause I was scared of where I could end up....

I mean I don't enjoy making things harder than they have to be for someone else but out of everything that was something I couldn't help....

• Just my personal experience, but I find parents of bullies a lost cause

They are the ones who taught those behaviors to their kid and defend them. They often put the name on the victim for being weak.

I don't think I personally can rely on parents of other kids to do the right thing.

This happened when I was around 20. But a boy of no more than 12 literally grapped my friends back infront of his mom and she just laughed. On the public transit. Idk, what can you tell a parents like that who finds their son touching a woman funny?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!