Ooh wow, is TikTok this important?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wonder how it is for Korean artists and kpop companies

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “Ooh wow” to “Ooh wow, is TikTok this important?”.
  • Honestly it is like that

I'm not a singer but I can relate to this so much and it's honestly tiring and annoying having to upload x numbers of tiktoks because you are obligated to it and not just because you want too and is not only that but the number of comments are also important

Shows that these American labels aren’t that different from some kpop companies. Being forced to do tiktok quotas per week is just sad

• meanwhile I wish it would just be banned

we already have IG, and twitter, not mentioning youtube

where artists can post those short clips

not to mention all that "typical" Korean social media things like Weverse, VLIVE, Bubble, Universe, etc.

there is too much of those things...

External Content www.youtube.com

• Tiktok has the largest user base even with it being banned in some countries so I don’t see companies abandoning it anytime soon tbh

• I'm not surprised. Outside of a few established artists, all of the recent hits I can think of are TikTok hits. Currently TikTok is the best place to promote your song. No other platform can get your song the amount of attention it does. The release date of your song doesn't even matter since songs from all eras go viral there regularly.

I'm sure these companies are also paying tiktokers massive amounts just to use their songs in their videos.

• Apart from maybe YouTube, none of those apps can generate the amount of streams and clout TikTok can only from going viral. I doubt many or any people can boast about having a song that started charting everywhere simply because of insta or twitter clout.

• Shows that these American labels aren’t that different from some kpop companies. Being forced to do tiktok quotas per week is just sad

Some are more freely than others of course not in all of them you have to sign a contract also it's pretty common getting "payed" with products of the brand you are posting too. That's usually what happens when you are starting all it

• Well, haven't you seen all those examples of songs which went up on spotify or even hot100 just cause they got "lucky" to become viral on tiktok? Remember Astronaut in the Ocean or even Lisa's Money which went up simply due to tiktok making them viral :pepe-shrug: Hit on tiktok is a new form of 'hit on radio' cause it seems 'organic' due to both having same formula of 'will of massive requests/ likes of people' and people love authenticity so not surprising that experience of radio payola went to tiktok too and both can be manipulated.

• Tiktok is just one platform to promote the artists songs, no different promoting with youtube, twitter, insta, etc. It's more effective because it's trendy nowadays. I'm sure if there's another trendy platform in the future, people will move the promo at there.

I'm okay with tiktok despite I don't use the app. I mean beside promoting their songs, TXT seem had fun doing dance challenge with their friends. Or just post random tiktok videos. Maybe because they're gen z, they seem enjoying tiktok more rather than idols from older gen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!