Posts by n_u_g_u

My Universe was a successful collab, wdym? Charted on Hot 100 for over 15 weeks. It is even a Grammy frontrunner.

Jungkook's collab is also about to spend its 12th week on Hot 100.

You can't be reasonable with any blinks on here. Their double standards in judging others for the same thing that is happening to their favs should be a talent at this point. And as long as allkpop hates army more than they care to admit on here, no one will call out the blinks who cry wolf all the time but are okay dragging others in the name of "feminism. "But if we call their girls flops, make threads upon threads about them being in their flop era like they've done with ON and YTC, we are misogynistic and don't like to see women thrive.

it that was the case that ballad and that collab would have done well too no?

why it didn't?

Notice how blinks can find every excuse in the book to defend their favs flop songs but when other groups have legit reasons why a song doesn't do as well, they get brave and drag said groups/songs. Like look in the mirror for once. I am actually surprised army on allkpop haven't given your girls the same treatment a few in your fandom here have given BTS (and encouraged) since they released their hiatus song/album.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don't forget Always/Hansang

External Content www.youtube.com

And tik tok overtook Twitter with the most active viewers/users/engagement late last year. King making waves on that app :yesr:

If this was posted on Tik Tok, it would have gone viral

Not an army but this applies to all of kpop.

Depends on if you buy the music to support the artist or because you want to listen to it.

IDK about you but I haven't owned a CD player in years.

Streaming costs $10. $3 go to the DSP. The remaining $7 are split, so it isn't much if you listen to multiple artists. Ideally, it would be split among everyone you listen to. But, in reality, it's split among everyone everyone listen to, so if you stream less than average you contribute with less than $7.

About Sony getting all their money, this is due to label contract. It won't change much for sales. Musicians have long complained about record labels getting all the money from album sales.

Spotify pays 0,003 per stream.

Melon pays 0,00042 lmao (at least from what i've seen online)

don't know why you're directing this question at armys tho

Op's claim that armys get criticized for buying bts music is ridiculous lmao, who even complains about that

It mostly exists to curb pirating. For most of these record labels they'd rather make half a cent on a song than nothing. It's why there's no real incentive for them to fight for better terms for their artists. 90% of the public won't look beyond "streaming is better than pirating because it's supporting the artist". It's why people are always surprised Pikachu when artists get vocal about not being happy with their music being available on streaming.

Title of thread "AKP ARMY...."

Non Army: yes I'll answer that bat call

I don’t find their rise to fame inspiring. That’s probably kpop in general though. They were formed by a company and promoted by a company and always had the banking of that company regardless of whether that company was indie or not. They are similar to western industry plants than rags to riches. Their music and image was just better than everyone else in kpop so they hit really big. But I don’t find it particularly inspiring.

Of course you don't. You only find it inspiring when a group already hits it big days into their debut and does nothing to maintain their popularity because they model more than they make music. I'm not surprised to see you here but at the same time satisficed that BTS still makes you pressed. Their impact. We love slow burns and usableness to move on with a broken heart. Keep proving that point.

Dynamite wasn’t released in 2021. So they’re changing their narrative that Aespa is doing better digitally than BTS because they beat Butter.

Nevermind the fact BTS had 5 of the Top 100 songs last year.

I'm starting to see the antis talking point of releasing only 3 singles (which I can name 5 other acts that have released 5+ more English songs but that's for another day. Only BTS are sellouts here) as a huge disadvantage now. BTS released only 3 songs last year and none were for SK or in Korean and now we have bravery on all fronts because of it. I hope they release all Korean everything this year and actually promotes them in SK this time. We can't keep letting antis like OP and that user feel like their on cloud nine because of a perceived BTS flop narrative.

Having the biggest idol group song released in 2021 isn’t a random achievement what so ever :pepepizza:

You’re talking as if it’s the first 5 minutes youtube views record :pepepizza:

But they didn't. Dynamite and Rollin were the biggest songs last year. Just because it did sightly better than Butter (that wasn't even marketed for SK, Dynamite wasn't either but it's an outliner) doesn't mean overall it did better. Unless you only focus on one region and that's it. Butter topped Japan, the US, Germany, the UK etc the list goes on. It's not rare seeing you token stan whoever BTS is against but this is new when you yourself make it known you're not an SM stan like you claim but behave like one whenever the chance presents itself. :pepepizza:

Yes and anyone telling you otherwise are lying to themselves. Let's say x group only has 300K dedicated fans buying albums. If they have only 1 version, 300K albums guaranteed. If 2 versions, 600K guaranteed. If they have 4 versions, 1.2M guaranteed. If they have 5 versions, 1.5M guaranteed etc.

I'll use BTS in this case since this applies to them. When 7 came out it had 4 versions and at a regular price. To date, it sold 4.7M albums before Dynamite era. Then we got BE which has 2 versions, not regular priced and spaced out in different years that sold 3.6M albums after Dynamite era. The decrease in sales based on version and album pricing is very apparent even after the explosive amount of fans Dynamite gave to BTS.

We're bored now and fighting. One can only imagine when they start to enlist.

BTS have only done individual magazine covers and this is the result

I don't think we'll ever get member only version albums from BTS because of BTS not Hybe.

I never see this 10 different versions argument used for other artists that had that before. It's not like a different version is what makes the group sell. Printing more isn't what stopping top groups from getting that number. They have a repakage released shorthly after their main album with regular versions that got over million sales. Weird thing to credit everything for versions.

OP only mentioned one sub-unit's one album sales lol. Why bring up the multiple sub-unit's argument when one album is enough? NCT is not just "not doing bad" they're doing insanely great that all your excuses expired last year.

You must be new to kpop. I can list more than five including two prominent SM groups who were bashed by their rival fandoms at the time (VIPs and Sones) and that would be EXO and Suju. Don't remember the albums because I don't stan at all, but remember the dragging and threads made on the old forums about how they needed 342 versions to outsell their competition. Hell, even BTS and their four versions were dragged by kpop stans (primarily exols). That's how I know you're a new kpop stan.

If OP never mentioned BTS and even their lie of NCT rivaling (in what world) their sales for 2021, I wouldn't be here giving SM acts a iota of my time but here we are. The one year where BTS only gave us 4 songs is the year SM stans decided to be brave and bounce back as if they aren't releasing 392842 more units and albums and collectively combining sales to beat 1 act. I wouldn't be proud and hype that if I was a fan but nct fans will keep combining 33241 units regardless.

Does this finally mean they will stop attaching their acts name next to BTS? (since this means less purposeful overlap) If I see less HYBE association, this is a win for me :froghype: 2022 is already getting off to a good start. :pepe-toast:

But on a serious note, I hope they release more music this year and not participate in any HYBE family bs. I do think this is funny to mention because if BTS actually gets to tour, that will defeat their purpose. :pepe-life-support: