[BTS CONTENT] AKP ARMY, your honest thoughts on Spotify?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

WBK but I still want your thoughts.

• Streaming costs $10. $3 go to the DSP. The remaining $7 are split, so it isn't much if you listen to multiple artists. Ideally, it would be split among everyone you listen to. But, in reality, it's split among everyone everyone listen to, so if you stream less than average you contribute with less than $7.

About Sony getting all their money, this is due to label contract. It won't change much for sales. Musicians have long complained about record labels getting all the money from album sales.

• it's been known artists barely get anything from streams, except if you have a good contract & huge numbers.

not forgetting the fact that many huge digimons are where they are due to their label paying for their streams (via playlisting), so in the end, it doesn't seem very lucrative in general imo

big album/merch sales & concerts will always be the main source for artists' income.

happy our boys have all of those, but i'm sorry to smaller artists out there.

• Spotify pays 0,003 per stream.

Melon pays 0,00042 lmao (at least from what i've seen online)

don't know why you're directing this question at armys tho

Op's claim that armys get criticized for buying bts music is ridiculous lmao, who even complains about that

• it's been known artists barely get anything from streams, except if you have a good contract & huge numbers.

not forgetting the fact that many huge digimons are where they are due to their label paying for their streams (via playlisting), so in the end, it doesn't seem very lucrative in general imo

big album/merch sales & concerts will always be the main source for artists' income.

happy our boys have all of those, but i'm sorry to smaller artists out there.

It mostly exists to curb pirating. For most of these record labels they'd rather make half a cent on a song than nothing. It's why there's no real incentive for them to fight for better terms for their artists. 90% of the public won't look beyond "streaming is better than pirating because it's supporting the artist". It's why people are always surprised Pikachu when artists get vocal about not being happy with their music being available on streaming.

• Spotify pays 0,003 per stream.

Op's claim that armys get criticized for buying bts music is ridiculous lmao, who even complains about that

armys literally have gotten dragged by western stans because bts' digital sales have been the main driver behind them going #1 on bb100 while their radio play has been extremely low and their streams usually put them in top 10. people call bts' #1's on the chart fraudulent bc of this and bb even recently changed chart rules so digital sales count less. don't speak on things you knw nothing about please.

• Not an army but this applies to all of kpop.

Depends on if you buy the music to support the artist or because you want to listen to it.

IDK about you but I haven't owned a CD player in years.

Streaming costs $10. $3 go to the DSP. The remaining $7 are split, so it isn't much if you listen to multiple artists. Ideally, it would be split among everyone you listen to. But, in reality, it's split among everyone everyone listen to, so if you stream less than average you contribute with less than $7.

About Sony getting all their money, this is due to label contract. It won't change much for sales. Musicians have long complained about record labels getting all the money from album sales.

Spotify pays 0,003 per stream.

It mostly exists to curb pirating. For most of these record labels they'd rather make half a cent on a song than nothing. It's why there's no real incentive for them to fight for better terms for their artists. 90% of the public won't look beyond "streaming is better than pirating because it's supporting the artist". It's why people are always surprised Pikachu when artists get vocal about not being happy with their music being available on streaming.

Title of thread "AKP ARMY...."

Non Army: yes I'll answer that bat call

• Title of thread "AKP ARMY...."

Non Army: yes I'll answer that bat call

This is an open forum. My post was pertinent notwithstanding my being or not an army. Feel free to block every non-army in this forum if you don't want to interact with us. OP already has me blocked, so you can go join her if you want.

• armys literally have gotten dragged by western stans because bts' digital sales have been the main driver behind them going #1 on bb100 while their radio play has been extremely low and their streams usually put them in top 10. people call bts' #1's on the chart fraudulent bc of this and bb even recently changed chart rules so digital sales count less. don't speak on things you knw nothing about please.

this. we've gotten dragged so hard for this shit it's ridiculous.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!