and i will buy 1,000 akorns and gift it to whoever helps me solve it. if you solve one problem i'll gift you 250, two problems i'll gift you 450, and so on.
1. Recall that a roulette wheel has 38 slots. Eighteen are red, 18 are black, and 2 are green. You can bet on 6 different numbers. If any of them comes up, you receive $6 back for each $1 bet. What is the expected loss on a $1 bet? Please round the answer to two decimal places.
2. In a gambling game, you receive a payoff of $82 if you roll a sum of 4, and $7 if you roll a sum of 7 on two dice. Otherwise, you receive no payoff. What is the average payoff per play?
3. In a carnival game, you roll 2 dice. If the sum is 5, you receive a $6 payoff. If the sum is 10, you receive a $13 payoff. What is the expected payoff?
4. In a gambling game, you pick 1 card from a standard deck. If you pick an ace, you win $10. If you pick a picture card (J, Q, or K), you win $5. Otherwise, you win nothing. How much should a carnival booth charge you to play this game if they want an average profit of $0.60 per game? (hint: first find the average payout)
5. You have a job working for a mathematician. She pays you each day according to what card you select from a bag. Two of the cards say $220, five of them say $100, and three of them say $50. What is your expected (average) daily pay?
$ __________ per day
6. An apartment complex has 20 air conditioners. Each summer, a certain number of them have to be replaced.
#of AC's replaced Probability. 0
What is the expected number of air conditioners that will be replaced in the summer?
7. In a gambling game, you receive a payoff of $46 if you roll a sum of 10, and $7 if you roll a sum of 7 on two dice. Otherwise, you receive no payoff. What is the average payoff per play?
stop carrying the same fucking shit for Blackpink for MONTHS (aka only having the physical copies of Kill This Love and maybe one copy of The Album) and CONSTANTLY updating all the fucking boy group discography in-store!
i'm sorry but I DO NOT CARE ABOUT ALL 50 JAPANESE VERSIONS OF BTS' ALBUMS... AND I'M AN ARMY.
why in the mother of FUCK are you carrying all of that when it never really sells because the Japanese versions themselves retail for like $30-$40??!!!??
i do not care about all ten million versions of NCT album's and their subunits like Super M and WayV. i'm sorry, i really am. i hate walking over to the "For k-pop fans!" section and only seeing that + some rando nugu boy groups. sometimes i really hate that k-pop went mainstream because now the main idea of a k-pop fan is some BG stan. and i get it, there's nothing wrong with stanning boygroups, but it's plain sad when you only decide to sell that. i would be less mad if there was Day6 or EXO in there but NOPE!
you guys have proven capability to carry SM ENT girl groups because you guys put Red Velvet and SNSD in your store (it's always the ReVe Festival Day 1 or The Boys American version no pc though) once in a blue moon. so why is it so impossible for you guys to carry "Like Water" or "Purpose"?
the only chain retail store that actually knows how to sell k-pop albums absolutely correctly is FYE. you know what i've seen in there???!
- Jay Park
- Blackpink's Japanese releases
- AND MORE!!!
i go every week and they shock me each time with the amazing shit they have in there. that store literally has the only true "k-pop" music section. the rest is pretty much shit except for Target because i went in today and saw G-IDLE and Twice! so at least they have some good shit!
and i don't want to hear y'all in here like "oH MaYbE iTs tHE cOmPany1!!!!!1!!!!1!!!" or just plain bitching and moaning about my fucking opinion.
barnes and noble have the ability to carry other artists but they choose not to. you would know this if you checked their website or stores religiously.
MANIFESTING MANIFESTING MANIFESTING
lemme just say this-
she doesn't listen to k-pop at all, and previously had no interest in it (other than the one time i showed her Heart Attack by Chuu). one day i was watching a video of twice members being all uwu next to my friend and she asked what it was bc she thought it was adorable. well, i get home later that night and this was the conversation that ensued over the next few days (i'm the blue)
keep in mind, i only showed her one video, the rest she LOOKED UP ON HER OWN
so yeah in conclusion stan twice
[written 2 days after my breakup and 3 days before my hospitalization in 2019]
my words slip through hands eager for silence
like silk, sand, smoke,
right through the gaps between your fingers..
leaving me breathless from the failed attempts to make my words stick
it's okay, i waste more breath by waking up than i ever will trying to rebuild your soul
but i'm not.
and neither is the ink in this book.
i'm SO cliche.
cliche for saying i'll write my own fucking eulogy, order my own casket, lay down, and die in it
cliche for saying it sounds so cliche to say i'm different
the difference between those people and people like me?
dressing in all black and crying about how much your life fucking sucks, singing to screamo songs about hell and the antichrist
they fantasize death, they look for it like it's a lost treasure
and a miniscule handful of them actually find it, right?
and then there's the difference.
when you truly want to pass on, you won't find death.
death finds you.
first it'll be a serious illness at the age of 10, and after that it's becoming prey to human predators
it's having everything you ever wanted, just to lose it
constant weight on the chest, unending replays of the times you thought you finally got it right.
find yourself sitting near the highway, ready to walk through the dull palette of metallic blurs in front of you.
or lying down in his clothes with some no name brand melatonin bottle in your hands
you can't truly wish people well if all they've given you is hell.
oh man i'm old