Posts by Vague001

Well I couldn't lol. Been a crazy and overwhelming day

I see AKP already reported on it so I'll just link their article:

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…newjeans-comeback-release

Yunah and Wonhee were made for variety shows ,and if the general public get to know them they will love them. I've always thought that letting their personalities shine to the public was the best way to combat a lot of the hate they have had. The girls themselves are adorable and I know people will fall for them given the chance.

I didn't mention HYBE. I said it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to support NewJeans when their fandom aggressively attacks a group of girls like ILLIT whilst also maintaining our 'poor mistreated princesses' stance about NewJeans. It hypocritical when NewJeans probably get treated better than any other recently debuted group in KPop.

P.S I'm not a 'shooter' for anything (what is that even supposed to mean?). Its this kind of childish 'pick a side', 'you're with me or against me' thinking and generalisation that is the worst part of this site. I just hold my own opinions based on what I see.

This thread has been peak levels of delusion for a while. Anyone with an iota of critical thinking could see what this – and MHJ - was from the start.

I’ve always been a fan of NewJeans, a mainstay on my playlists, but LSF are my preferred group. I also have a soft spot for the IILIT girls after watching RU Next and really growing fond of the girls, their hard work and their desperation to debut (especially Yunah) – although their music isn’t fully to my taste, they are still cute bops. ILLIT should be able to be riding high after a great debut right now, but we know how that turned out…

The hate these girls have received from bunnies – instigated by MHJ, but fervently and almost excitedly lapped up by them - has really made it difficult for me to even listen to NewJeans. Everything is ‘I feel so bad for NewJeans’ with barely a thought for LSF or ILLIT who are the true innocent parties in all of this. Certain pockets of the fandom have relished in the hate they received at worst, or barely actively stood against it at best. I don’t consider NewJeans as innocents in this given their parents involvement, inevitable communication between them and anyone can see on which side they stand.

In her own words MHJ thinks the fans are childish fools (well said given the last few weeks on this site), and she has played them like fools. Bunnies even got a name check from her in her Kakao messages, so well done I guess. NewJeans fans should hope other fandoms will show more empathy to NewJeans than they have shown ILLIT and others if the tables ever turn because public opinions will change but facts (and court cases) will stand the test of time.

Her favorite groups in SM were fx and shinee and both of these groups debuted extremely young members. Both maknaes were like 15-16.

But tbh even without MHJ, Hybe debuts very young idols. Their maknaes are always very young. Wasn't enhypen maknae 14 when he debuted? Illit maknae is 15 iirc.

Fx and Shinee also both had members who committed suicide, but that doesn't seem to make MHJ act with any consideration about the impact her behaviour has on the other groups she drags (ILLIT and LSF) and the impact on their mental health. It adds another layer to the awfulness of her directly involving them.

I agree. Which is why they will go nuclear on her now.

The public opinion will ebb and flow. Mhj haas focused on shorter term public wins and emotional responses. The law isn't based on what you think is fair bure

MHJ may have a lot of public sympathy right now, but she has played all her cards far too soon by not being able to emotionally control what she says. By doing so she has given HYBE everything they need to prepare a counter argument and build a case against her. I'm sure that HYBE will be planning to go nuclear on her after all the fallout from the press conference and seek even harsher repercussions. Also, fanning hate against LSF and ILLIT will come back to bite her and Newjeans in the end unfortunately, once everything settles. She has been far far too messy in how she has conducted herself and raised her (albeit sometimes understandable) concerns. It's hard to see how HYBE won't have the last laugh and win the war, even if she has won the battle of public support over the last few days.

i should put it this way. they need to practice and work harder, proven that they learn from their mistake in the previous performance and show the public who they are.

but time will tell….

They don't need to prove anything, Nobody cares about their perceived abilities as much as K-pop stans on forums like these who like to scream injustices and try make a it huge deal. If they continue to release good catchy songs they will continue to succeed as that's what most listeners care about. People hating were almost always never fans in the first place and just looking for reasons to take the opportunity to undermine them because they are doing well. They don't need your validation to be successful, they already are.

Pinning all this on Baemon fans is certainly a choice, and not a very good one in my opinion. The widespread nature and scale of this hate has reached a tipping point that would be impossible for just one fandom to sustain. Let's be real; Baemon doesn't even have enough fans for this to be all their doing.

Instead of blaming a single fandom for this, I think it's obviously a symptom of the pushback on Hybe, and their girl groups in particular, due to the dominant run they've been on this decade.

Those Hybe antis will relish any opportunity to strike at their label's artists to prove those group are overrated or talentless. THAT is where a lot of the hatred comes from, not just Baemon fans, who had to deal with a lot of crap themselves (some of it their own doing with the whole debut/re debut fiasco, but I digress).

I take your point, but it has become a lot more feverent recently. I'm not pinning it all on Baemon fans but there often seems to be a direct correlation between people igniting these discussions recently and using it as an opportunity to promote Baemons apparent live vocal ability. I think there is a lot of discourse deliberately taking an opportunity to s**t on Le Sserafim whilst directly comparing them

The hate has been disgusting, and basically just copium of all the Baemon fans who felt Baemon should have been more successful whereas in reality they are lagging behind other GGs and so they are trying to use vocal performance as some sort of metric of success. The fact is LSF still have 2 songs stably in the melon top 10 and this 'controversy' hasn't affected them. Its the same hate directed at ILLIT for outpacing Baemon, who are rapidly becoming the most toxic and delusional fanbase of any recent KPOP group due to the group not meeting performance expectations and so they are trying to find things to lash out at. The general public like groups based on songs that they can enjoy and not the occasional 'live' vocal from a TV show posted on twitter by stan accounts.