Posts by FoReveries

Can't we simply ban the use of terms like NGG, 'it girl', 'national hit' and such?

The excessive abuse of those terms is getting tiresome.

Everyone and their mother are doing better on the charts than TWICE, so that's just not a criterium anymore, and aside from that, the whole NGG title is just... a... title. A title that's given in and by Korean tv and news media. NOT by K-pop fans (even if they try to do it all the time).

So just name Aespa the '#1 best performing 4th gen group', nothing wrong with calling them that and it'll avoid a whole bunch of unnecessary discussions about outdated, misappropriated terms and titles :wellr:

The truth is that the only thing that kpop does better than jpop is international promotion, because the music ... I mean, Korea only lives on idol groups, and I think that only one group represents 40% of the value of the Korean industry , what a mess

I'm familiar with jpop, personally I liked jrock more (but older jrock).

At first, before I really knew K-pop, I thought it was as uninteresting (to me) as jpop, but then I got to learn more about K-pop, and I found it a hell of a lot more entertaining and appealing to me than j-pop.

And from its worldwide appeal, I can see I'm not the only one.

It's not for nothing that j-pop has nowhere near the global appeal that other Japanese entertainment genres like games, anime and manga: it's simply because jpop fails to live up to the high quality and entertainment standards that those other Japanese entertainment fields have to offer.

Basically it's a huge, structural failure on the side of jpop as an entertainment field, and it's not because a lack of promotion.

These are flaws that K-pop doesn't have. Which is why K-pop is doing as great internationally as other Japanese entertainment aside from J-pop are doing.

Even before and without BTS, the K-pop industry has been thriving a lot more on an international scale than j-pop ever did.

Like said, the failure lies with j-pop itself, it just isn't on the quality entertainment level that K-pop, anime, manga and Japanese games industry are, and which make those other entertainment genres more appealing to the rest of the world.

Nothing's truly new, everyone in every business, industry or entertainment field builds upon the works of others.

Some people researched it a year or 2 ago, and their results were that a lot of things in jpop was copied and originated from other, older sources as well. And so on and on.

Like Apple and Steve Jobs used to say, 'it doesn't matter who did it first, but what you do with it and how you improve on it does'.

K-pop does their stuff better than j-pop does, seeing how K-pop is more widespread and accepted internationally than j-pop.

And within the K-pop scene, a lot of the stuff that SM people experiment with are often riskier, unconventional and non-standard.

Personally, I'd love to see more companies taking that kinda risks and experiment like that, but I can also understand why many of them stay on the safer mainstream paths of doing things that are tested and proven.

OP's a known troll :sweatr1:

But yeah, I've seen Aespa in action in variety, they have that SNSD vibe to them on screen, the only other time I felt a girl group had that vibe in their interactions and variety was with GFriend.

That's actually what I miss most, 2nd gen era groups as a whole were best and quite unique in their high skill level in variety.

It provided a massive amount of great cross-group collaborations and variety content.

It's bc most of them are bitter sones, wait until other 4gen gg debut and break those records like aespa did to Itzy

they won't be cute anymore

Can you please stop shade baiting other posters and fandoms all the time?

This must be like the 3rd or 4th time I read a post of you shading/baiting other posters within barely a day. It's getting annoying and if I'm correct against the new anti-inciting rules.

While I agree with the title, to spell dumb as 'dum' in the title doesn't really help tbf

She literally bullied someone to the point of tears. If the shoe was on the other head, you would all be calling for that woman's head!

The fact that a pretty face will get people defending you this much is astonishing. As if Irene cares about any of you. She is clearly not a nice person, admit it.

Seriously,I wonder if any of these users would get bullied by a pretty person would they still forgive them? :/ Obviously no. :S

Not sure about other people, but I'm 1 of those people that think that K-pop fans as a whole over-react to any strife or conflict even hinting at bullying, due to many of those k-pop fans' own high school traumas.

Personally, I'm hesitant to call any case a 'bullying' case, since it reminds too much of how people in medieval times called anyone a witch or demon spawn in those witch hunts and inquisitions => witch hunts, McCarthy communist hunting, lynch mobs, K-pop 'scandals', they all make clear that people at their core haven't changed that much and that they love to accuse and brand 'the other', very often out of motivations that are hardly rational or fair.

As for Irene's case, we still don't know what was the cause that led to Irene scolding the stylist, both parties didn't elaborate on the details of why it happened. And they don't have to, it's between them. Irene apologised for it, and as other stylists have stated, Irene usually has that other side to her where she's really gentle and considerate towards her members, staff and others.

RBB is a great song too. I never really understood the hate. :/

I love RBB too. I don't get the hate.

RBB is my fav rv song, I agree psycho is great but hey that song is a masterpiece people just don't get it :wellr:

My guess is it's because of the following:

- the song was named 'Really Bad Boy' so fans and non-fans alike expected RBB to be more in the line of Bad Boy, which they loved.

- the song has some odd elements that makes it an acquired taste to listen to. The fact that the instrumentals and the rhythm seem to be on 2 different speeds, I still find it hard to listen to.

But the song really shines in its performances: non-fans (and antis) often complain about RV's stage presence due to them not constantly walking around with chronically fixated bright smiles on stage, but the RBB stages are 1 of the (many) examples of how awesome Red Velvet actually are on stage.

Watching the song RBB being performed on stage, is what made it come alive to me.

I invest in bitcoins and other crypto coins, so my view on normal stock price behavior is completely screwed skewed :wellr:

But if the stock price of SM has shown a significant rise the past half year, then my guess is that NCT and Aespa doing exceedingly well and other good news related to SM might have been the cause for the price rise.

Aside from the regular manipulations by hedge funds investors and other big whales, stock price changes are usually linked to (growth or loss of) confidence in a company's future.

Uhhh there Voice are so amazing. Seulgi and Wendy are truely the best 3rd gen vocal duo

and don't forget this amazing Performance of Wendy :|:|:|

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have repeatedly watched every available vocal video of Wendy ^^8)

This one I think that even hardcore stans have had trouble to find, at least it took me some time before I found it:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this is only Wendy's part

And let's not forget these predebut performances

:omgr:

Top vocalist of the 3rd gen represent! :siptear::yesr:

That’s actually how i saw it as well.

They were saying downloads only helped 200k points, but that’s incorrect as well. Theyve been massive in downloads since Butter’s release and it was more apparent when NL had to have a significant UL gap to dethrone Butter.

Yep, I agree. Should be obvious and simple math, unless I'm missing something.

If Aespa has (significant? Don't know the figures) higher stream stats in Gaon, then everything else that remains - which are the downloads if I'm correct? - should be huge enough to bridge and surpass that gap :wellr:

Any Reveluv here who wanna talk about amazing Wendys Voice is? :|:|:|

Here ya go

Nuff said :siptear:

We're talking about the best vocal duo that 3rd gen era has seen, they're simply unsurpassed :eyebrowsr:

Yep it helped ALOT. Took points from 33.5m in the last week to 33.7m this week. 200k points!!!

Yeah I also don't know how BTS nugu can get #1. Their song isn't even charting on Melon nor Genie nor Flo nor Vibe nor Bugs. Has to be downloads.

Isn't this a simple process of elimination?

If Aespa were #1 in streaming, and BTS were #1 in digitals: doesn't that mean that BTS' downloads were more than Aespa's?

Or are there any other components that contribute to the Gaon digital score aside from streaming and downloads?

Those are the only 2 that I know of, but I could be wrong of course. If so, feel free to correct me.

Depends on what you're comparing: digitals, physicals, international popularity/recognition, popularity in SK?

EXO has BB beat for album sales for 2015 (and every other year)

BB has EXO beat for digitals for 2015.

EXO surpasses BB in international popularity/recognition for 2015 (and other years), as compared with google trends.

BB surpasses EXO in popularity in SK in 2015, but loses to EXO in other years, as compared with Gallup.

Ah, a new thread resurrection? :|

Well, Aespa seem to be doing alright so far, so they seem to be heading in the right direction for taking that 4th gen top spot.

But we'll see, let's wait and see how they do with their next comeback and album sales.

After all, Blackpink is 4th gen together with NCT Dream

^^ Ah, has the starting date for 4th gen already moved to 2017? Those starting dates just keep shifting all the time.

what is it with SM girl groups?? RV rein as queens of the female LGBT and aespa are high considering they just debuted :angryr:

^^

Not just with the LGBT community though: Irene has been immensely popular with the general public for many years too.

In SK she consistently has been the #1/#2 most popular female idol for the past couple of years according to Gallup, and she has been named 'CF queen' many times for a reason. With close to 20 CFs, she has probably the most endorsements of all 3rd gen female idols.

As for Aespa, I agree. It's surprising how high Karina and Winter already ended up in the listing.

But I think they'll end up high in any popularity ranking in SK, their visuals are extraordinary and distinctive (which is no surprise for an SM girl group) and their appearances in variety shows and other occasions are entertaining and have a vibe to it that reminds me of SNSD in their early and peak years (which is a pleasant surprise).