Posts by Disevidence

Idle are the first female group where their entire albums, back to back, for years now are all composed by members, with above 80% of those being primary. Hell they even have primary arrangement credits.

Don't care which way you slice it, but that's utterly unique. Even Exid, with the fantastic LE, were mainly primary composed by S Tiger and LE was secondary.

Not to take away from all those other groups or people who contribute. But every time some-one brings up Idle's self-producing aspect, people immediately try to minimize the outsize contribution they make in regards to all other examples previously, just like you did.

I don't think it matters. Cfans mostly buy from stores like kt4u. Companies get their money when they sell their albums to these stores and then it doesn't matter the country of the person who then buys it.

The topic is clearly discussing Digital Sales from chinese platforms, not album purchases.

Example -

Blackpink's Born Pink sold 840k Digital Copies

Gidle's I Never Die sold 540k Digital Copies

Gidle's I Love sold 400k Digital Copies

Taeyeon's INVU sold 100k Digital Copies

Those are items purchased from Chinese Platforms digitally.

Is her music considered K-Pop?

It's Korean, and it's pop music.

I also agree with Bbgc and Bpsosoro - Digital Thread has been tracking her for ages.

She rose from 800+ on Melon to #2 (and most likely will overtake Nxde by next week)

Good on her. She also had a great appearance on K-909, great interaction with BoA. She's been on the grind for literally months appearing at small and large festivals. When people talk about hard work - that's what Younha did, and it's paying off. Couldn't happen to a better person.

Yes. They make a fair amount of money IN china, not just from China.

The tweets above show the picture. Whilst I can't talk about all, I can say Idle's deal with Netease is fairly favourable. They signed an exclusive contract for higher revenue share, and it hasn't hurt them sales wise, as evidenced above.

Only issue with Netease exclusivity is Billboard China only counts QQ, so doesn't show up on all metrics.

Isn't it less someone going "ban the word Halloween", but just like all the shows being cancelled, variety and other things delayed, its simply a race to not appear insensitive.

The first person who rushes out their Halloween themed thing after the period of mourning will most likely cop some backlash for appearing insensitive to the victims. We all know what people are like. The mindset of "won't someone think of the children?".

Is it silly? Probably. But it reads far more to me to appear to be self-censoring to avoid some presumed backlash then any sort of direct "ban Halloween" directive.

Nah. No one said anything when Purple Kiss debuted. As long as it isn’t two colours put together no one would have cared

It was a very different time 2018 to PK's debut, and a very different atmosphere. Also, and with great respect, PK didn't exactly get enough attention on debut to make people care. By 2020 everyone was doing Girl Crush. In 2018... it was much more limited.

Idle were already copping accusations of BP-lite for daring to do Girl Crush. The twitter comments were drawing heavy comparisons.

Seriously, read the reddit comments at the time and see how many times (20+) Blackpink is used as a direct comparison -

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/…EC%9D%B4%EB%93%A4_latata/.

If they'd debuted with a name like "Purple Rose"... yeah it wouldn't have been fun. It was a good idea to steer away from those sorts of names.

Younha has hit 2 on melon, overtaking Antifragile.

Outside of Idle who've plateaued, Younha who's climbing steadily, and LSF who are climbing glacially, the rest of the top song's UL's have completely fallen away on Melon. New Thing and After Like have dropped significantly.

Many had worse Mondays then Sundays, which is very uncommon. So there definitely is an effect on the tragedy on listening base it appears.

It makes you wonder if Nxde would be in the Mid 500's and Antifragile in the mid 400's by the end of this week if their promos hadn't been cut short.

Anicolor and Purple Rose are arguably better group names than (G)I-dle but what are those artist names :angryr:

Why Tuna?? They could have picked literally any other animal

Disagree, any colour based name would have just drawn intense criticism based off Red Velvet and BlackPink already being top groups, and accusations of just sheer copying.

(G)I-DLE isn't the best, but thank Soyeon it was changed from those 2.

How do you guys have feelings so strongly about this person?

She was in the group for a hot second. She's pretty I guess (all Kpop idols are tbh) but nothing worth 6 months of trailing discussion about her. She wasn't a CL or Soyeon level instant charisma on stage, she's not belting it out like Ailee.

Can't but help people who keep bringing her up now are just doing so in bad faith. I feel exactly the same about Soojin discussions, but at least she was with the group for 4 albums and 3 years, so that's at least somewhat more significant to view in retrospect.

I feel like those that have almost recovered are those with strong fandoms? (AF and Nxde).

On the other side Newthing has fallen alot (after increasing in ULs on the 29th) which is normal, less and less of gp would listen to hh while mourning.

I think that's more to their being new and fresh then any sort of fanbase behaviour.

Idle have about 15k Fan Club Nevies in Korea. It's not the type of fanbase that can just casually stream 500k UL's a day. I don't know much about LSF but i'd daresay their similar.

Younha has recovered quite well too, and is gaining on both Nxde and Antifragile. So I feel that behaviour is simply due to those songs still trending more than New Thing and After Like.

Younha continues her rise.

UL's are still slightly depressed following the events on Saturday, but most of the listening base seems to have recovered somewhat.

Younha will most likely surpass Antifragile and New Thing in the coming days, if not tomorrow.

Also, given the tragedy that occured in South Korea

Expect massive drops in ULs, charts - music shows cancelled, festivals cancelled, Busan cancelled - basically I'd mark this as the end of AntiFragile and Nxde promos, and perhaps any music releases pushed back 1-2 weeks.

Charts will be massively depressed.

What UL is Nxde peak?

Rollling peak is 525 (last night).

Daily is 510. Ul's dropping right now due to Saturday morning (as commute hours are peak listening hours) but then generally rise (as people are home opposed to previous day being workday). Hard to tell where it lands yet.

I mean you can't discount that during August and the peaks, there were 3 trendy groups all in the charts - casual listeners dusting off their Melon accounts due to the concentration of popular acts, or new and trending acts (BP, NJ, IVE) can't be discounted for some of these numbers. Particularly the peaks of After Like, give it's now almost at where Love Dive was when Love Dive was much older.

It's the same way we saw a slight bump in UL's when Still Life Dropped - Tomboy, which had been hovering around 500-510k UL, suddenly spiked to 550k ULs after Still Life Dropped. FMR also spiked a bit higher if I recall correctly.

So I feel it's less about the numbers but more about the trends of the numbers relative, over time.

Love Dive had a lower peak but insane longevity, as it had it's mini-flurry after it'd been out for close to 3 months. So comparing Peaks for Love Dive vs After Like is comparing 2 very different situations.