Posts by Disevidence

sure.

Kakao have many artist, but people only target IVE

;judgingpepe:

Because it was discovered and reported on that Kakao themselves heavily promoted IVE on that page compared to their other artists?

I really wish people read the report to understand what occured. People are focusing on IVE because Kakao themselves heavily focused on IVE with Idol Hub. They made more posts about IVE (and Wonyoung) then Twice, Blackpink, and Red Velvet put together.

You guys keep defending some shady stuff because you don't want anything to reflect badly on your faves. Of course IVE aren't responsible for what Kakao did, but they are clear beneficiaries.

Now that who owns the page was made public, it's been scrubbed from existence.

The issue is prior to this, for the last year and the outsize number of posts this Kpop page made, no-one was aware the were owned by Kakao - everyone still thought it was a private citizen.

The question is asked how much impact did this site have? It was the biggest in Korea. How different would have people behaved if they knew this site was owned by Kakao?

Those are now the fundamentals in play, the questions being asked. But exposing it now is good, but also comes after the fact- it's gone, and IVE have "beaten" (for lack of a better tern) their contemporaries. If this has been exposed a year ago, prior to IVE debuting, one but can't help but wonder if things would be different, given the popularity of the page.

Its gonna fuel heaps of conspiracies, Kakao have basically poisoned the well of an already poisonous landscape.

So what exactly is the problem here?

The Astro-turfing is very much a problem.

No-one has any problem with Kakao using their labeled media or other avenues to promote their group. But secretly buying an influential and hithero private page with a large amount of followers, and then pushing a far disproportionate response for their own artists vs non owned artists without declaring it?

That's a problem. Or at least many many people see it as a problem, and I happen to agree.

But the article says KAKAO idol groups have unnecessary positive comments while other GG have negative one but the post say that’s 5000 comments about IVE were negatives ??

Listen to me carefully

I don't know what "post" you are referring to, but if it's that tweet, it's *wrong*. Not a difference of opinion, not something subjective, but flat out incorrect information.

The numbers in the smaller image are just about how many posts the Hub made, and who they made it about. It's to demonstrate the sheer volume of posts it did about IVE and Wonyoung compared to other similarly successful groups.

The number is not hate posts, it just count posts. Then the 2nd part is the analysis done by Chosun - they reported and analyzed the posts, and explained that those posts are *positive* posts about the group.

The tweet you linked is completely false about them being "hate" posts. The report is done by proper journalists, in a proper newspaper, and they found the posts about IVE were positive, and by the numbers, they posted about IVE and Wonyoung far more numerously then any other Idol Group.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I guess Kakao wants to ruin their career lol

That's not hate posts. The tweet is outright lying - completely fabricating the report and analysis done.

That image is just counting the number of posts. The report specifies they were positive.

This thread is quite funny in light of the recent report on Idol Lab.

Seems like it was indeed Kakao's priority to push IVE.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IVE (and Wonyoung) received a massive disproportionate number of posts compared to all other big idol groups, even before they hit top with Love Dive.

There's an article in Chosun(I think it's that outfit) analyzing Kakao's secretly owned Idol Lab page.

It showed that they talked very often positively about IVE, and a disposition to negative articles about two JYP and Hybe girl groups (Itzy, Nmixx, LSF, New Jeans), groups directly competing for IVE's core market. This is what I understand from some more learned translations provided on Twitter.

That's what I presume this is referring to.

I don't think OP was talking about digital sales specifically. Cause if they were then it's kind of an irrelevant question. Digital sales don't really make up a significant portion of profits from music sales in any region.

IN china. not FROM china. IN china means ... well it means exactly that. IN China.

If they wanted to count physical album sales they would have said "From China".

It's the title of the post.

really I don't much about the group

how many TT were released and did the member(s) write for all/majority of them?

Seungyeon wrote/composed Wee Woo, their first Title

Roa and Seungyeon wrote and Rena composed Black Widow, their next one

Roa and Seungyeon wrote and Seungyeon got a tertiary composer credit for We Like

After that they had no more titles. They had a subunit that had none of their group compsing.

hmmmm...not to answer the question per se since lots of others have answered it but to my knowledge soyeon has written all of Gidle's title tracks (or least a large majority of them)

I guess my question would be has any other group male or female had one (or more members) write the majority of the title tracks (TT only not including bsides)

I think technically Pristin? Not that it ended too well for them.

Idle are the first female group where their entire albums, back to back, for years now are all composed by members, with above 80% of those being primary. Hell they even have primary arrangement credits.

Don't care which way you slice it, but that's utterly unique. Even Exid, with the fantastic LE, were mainly primary composed by S Tiger and LE was secondary.

Not to take away from all those other groups or people who contribute. But every time some-one brings up Idle's self-producing aspect, people immediately try to minimize the outsize contribution they make in regards to all other examples previously, just like you did.

I don't think it matters. Cfans mostly buy from stores like kt4u. Companies get their money when they sell their albums to these stores and then it doesn't matter the country of the person who then buys it.

The topic is clearly discussing Digital Sales from chinese platforms, not album purchases.

Example -

Blackpink's Born Pink sold 840k Digital Copies

Gidle's I Never Die sold 540k Digital Copies

Gidle's I Love sold 400k Digital Copies

Taeyeon's INVU sold 100k Digital Copies

Those are items purchased from Chinese Platforms digitally.

Is her music considered K-Pop?

It's Korean, and it's pop music.

I also agree with Bbgc and Bpsosoro - Digital Thread has been tracking her for ages.

She rose from 800+ on Melon to #2 (and most likely will overtake Nxde by next week)

Good on her. She also had a great appearance on K-909, great interaction with BoA. She's been on the grind for literally months appearing at small and large festivals. When people talk about hard work - that's what Younha did, and it's paying off. Couldn't happen to a better person.

Yes. They make a fair amount of money IN china, not just from China.

The tweets above show the picture. Whilst I can't talk about all, I can say Idle's deal with Netease is fairly favourable. They signed an exclusive contract for higher revenue share, and it hasn't hurt them sales wise, as evidenced above.

Only issue with Netease exclusivity is Billboard China only counts QQ, so doesn't show up on all metrics.

Isn't it less someone going "ban the word Halloween", but just like all the shows being cancelled, variety and other things delayed, its simply a race to not appear insensitive.

The first person who rushes out their Halloween themed thing after the period of mourning will most likely cop some backlash for appearing insensitive to the victims. We all know what people are like. The mindset of "won't someone think of the children?".

Is it silly? Probably. But it reads far more to me to appear to be self-censoring to avoid some presumed backlash then any sort of direct "ban Halloween" directive.

Nah. No one said anything when Purple Kiss debuted. As long as it isn’t two colours put together no one would have cared

It was a very different time 2018 to PK's debut, and a very different atmosphere. Also, and with great respect, PK didn't exactly get enough attention on debut to make people care. By 2020 everyone was doing Girl Crush. In 2018... it was much more limited.

Idle were already copping accusations of BP-lite for daring to do Girl Crush. The twitter comments were drawing heavy comparisons.

Seriously, read the reddit comments at the time and see how many times (20+) Blackpink is used as a direct comparison -

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/…EC%9D%B4%EB%93%A4_latata/.

If they'd debuted with a name like "Purple Rose"... yeah it wouldn't have been fun. It was a good idea to steer away from those sorts of names.