Posts by GreekFreak

Obviously it is possible to live without air conditioning, but there are many people who live in extremely hot climates who would significantly benefit from it. What do cigarettes do to benefit people? You say that people do it to relieve stress, but there are many of stress-relieving alternatives available. Something like cars and or air conditioning cannot be replaced. It's not difficult to see why the comparison you made is absurd.

imagine being a 28 yr old male smoking and minding your business, someone takes a pic of you without your knowledge and now there is a sector of folks who wants to shame you and police you over it. i would understand if if he was like 16/17, thats a grown man for goodness sake.

If he was smart, he wouldn't have smoked in a place that's filled with cameras. Complaining about the 15-year-old fans that are angry about him smoking is useless He should've known better, and he should've done it at his own home where he isn't being filmed.

Are you aware that the people you're criticizing mostly consists of teenage girls? It's only a phase, therefore they'll grow out of it someday. It is beyond pathetic for adults to behave in this manner.

people who think smoking is harmful to the environment while using air conditioning and cars are pure braindead

Difference is that cigarettes, unlike the other two, have no inherent value to society. There are several harmful things that society requires in order to function properly, and cigarettes aren't one of them. Your statement is ridiculous.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Girl just fucking shut up already dude, god damn. You're rude, disrespectful and for some reason not banned, when you should be. Everything you have said is incredibly uncalled for. Learn to zip your lips.

Explain to me how making the claim that dry fasting is bad for the body makes me rude and disrespectful.

That's literally all I'm saying. I'm not saying anything bad about your religion or Ramadan in general.

Someone literally quoted me after I said I was done and then proceeded to start another argument. I was haing a simple civil discussion on science, and I'm still being attacked by you and others for no apparent reason.

Can you please leave this thread? I gave you the benefit of doubt and quoted you at first, but you insist on being insensitive. So, I'm done here.

First, you criticized our fasting. Now, you're talking about our God, something I will NOT accept or keep quiet about. There are red lines and you're about to cross them. So, keep your opinions to yourself. You're free to make a thread about them elsewhere, if anyone else cares to listen. But not here. You spread enough negativity.

I was about to leave until someone quoted me starting another argument. I think it was you if I'm not mistaken. I never said anything bad about your God lol. I'm having a discussion about how dry fasting is bad for the body. I'm not saying anything bad about Ramadan or your religion at all. I'm only criticizing the concept of dry fasting.

Not surprised why people keep cherrypicking the first thing I said instead of mentioning all the other good arguments I've made, but ok.

1. I'm pretty sure all scholars can agree that watching uncovered women dancing and singing would be considered haram. If you genuinely believe it isn't, be honest and tell me what your Prophet would think. I don't really care what you guys for entertainment, but I find it hypocritical to put on an act of a devout Muslim while at the same time disobeying this god.

2. I never once said that I live in a Muslim country. Where on earth did you get that from?

3. Someone practically said the same thing as you did regarding the benefits from intermittent fasting. As I stated previously, these benefits mostly apply to water fasting. They're not "very similar" at all. The eating window for standard intermittent fasting is much smaller than the eating window for dry fasting. Standard intermittent fasting is not only safe, but far healthier. Also, the recommended period for standard intermittent fasting is 3-4 days, maybe 5 at most. Ramadan is 30 days. One day of dry fasting is the equivalent to three days of water fasting. There certainly is a huge difference.

4. I specifically talked about healthy adults that work physical jobs, and or people who work in jobs with poor working conditions in general. Your God does NOT exempt them from fasting. He doesn't care about how hot is is and how bad people's working conditions are. As long as it's safe to do, then one must do it.

:pepewhat: What was the purpose of posting this? Like what did you want to achieve?

Right. That was dumb of me to post that, but that's not what I'm discussing at this moment. I was about to leave until someone quoted me and started another argument. I'm not even discussing religion right now.

My dear, being so confident with what you think you know in your very own limited perspective is really endearing. I was like this when I was in uni, thinking I know everything and science is perfect.

Turns out, even science can be skewed by our own bias and prejudice but this will only be clear as you grow up, work and experience life.

Meanwhile, enjoy this feeling of being a know it all because it won’t last :*

Do you have any objections with what I said? If not, then I suggest you cease with the ad hominem. I'm having a normal civil discussion.

Billions of people dry fast every year and they're still alive and healthy. If anything, they feel better than ever health wise during the month. I don't know where the unhealthy part is coming from since you're not Muslim and you don't fast. Also, Muslims with health issues like diabetes or in other chronich diseases get a pass from their doctors so they don't fast. Fasting is one of the pillars in Islam, yes. But, for those who can't do it for health issues, they simply don't fast.

And I used intermittent fasting as an example to show you that even non-muslims are opting for fasting, only they can't fully fast like Muslims since they're not used to it, so they do what they can.

First things first, I couldn't care less about your anecdotal evidence. Secondly, a lot of people have very physical jobs, or have jobs with poor working conditions. So not only are they dehydrated from fasting, but it's even worse because of the conditions they're working in. Dry fasting can (will) also cause fatigue and weakness. It's a simple reality that if you don't eat, you wont get nutrition. Furthermore, a lack of nutrition makes it more difficult to function in general.

Secondly, just because something is unhealthy it doesn't mean it isn't safe. Eating junk food is absolutely unhelthy, but it's still safe. Same thing with dry fasting. A healthy adult can easily fast without issue. It's unhealthy, but still safe. So your first statement mentioning how many adults fast and are healthy is absolutely irrelevant. I never was implying that dry fasting is super dangerous or anything. It's simply just unhealthy.

I cant tell if you're ignorant or if you misrepresented my argument on purpose to make it easier to refute. Hopefully the former. There's a difference between intermittent fasting and dry fasting (which is what Muslims do during Ramadan). Difference is those who dry fast do not consume water either, and of course going without water for long periods of time can be detrimental to your health. Basically, most of the health benefits that people say intermittent fasting offers cannot be applied to Ramadan fasting. There's a huge difference between the two.

If you're not ignorant about the difference and if you really believe dry fasting is healthy, then let me know because I can't tell. If that's the case, then I think it's clear who's not knowledgable about science and nutrition.

Also, you're not supposed to present your argument in the form of questions. It's not that hard to make a claim and provide evidence & reasoning for your claim. Your questions are absolutely irrelevant, because I don't think a single human being alive needs to be knowledgable about this topic to know how unhealthy dry fasting is.