Posts by MakotoNijima

Like others have said, I'm not sure I consider 2 Baddies as a bragging song, it's more about showcasing confidence and pushing forward (and it can have the underlying sexual meaning to it too I guess).

I have no problem with bragging songs but I think a better example for them would be Regular (English ver.), that song is really straight up bragging, although I like 127 the most when the bragging comes with dissing and clowning haters such as:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Idk I've never seen a big3 company fumble goodwill so blatantly like this.

And yes I think it is sabotaging 127 even if unintentionally - the incomprehensible mismanaged tour where a lot of promises were made and fans like myself avoided seeing other kpop acts with the thought that we'd wait for 127 only for the supposed "world tour" to never happen... tbh I think there's a reason SM is also not announcing the preorder sales figures and I wouldn't be surprised if fans are quietly unstanning out of frustration.

I sadly do think that way. They had huge hype for Sticker and they dropped the most polarizing song on existence (although I do like it), but definitely their hype slowed down a lot for the average kpop fan. I'm genuinely concerned about their korean and chinese fandom getting smaller... With how bad the overall promo was for this comeback, seeing how the title track is very divisive as well, the way they have f*cked up the digipacks sales already and knowing this has less versions than Sticker... I would be fine for 1,5M sales on Gaon, sadly.

The album snafu is one thing but the comeback showcase was a complete shit show - venue was too small/it was overcrowded with fans fainting in the audience and having to be pulled out/ mic issues and terrible camera work. At this point SM is either laughably incompetent or they are actively trying to sabotage their groups.

On a side note -comeback showcase should generally be free.. so you made fans pay for this shite.. I can't

Honestly I have never believed on a company actively sabotaging a group... but wow, the way SM has been handling 127 the last 2 years, all while getting the "SM's fav unit" allegations is... interesting. Like even if the more cynical part of me can think this the typical "company treats x group as shit so the fans get more active and emotionally invested on their faves", it's incomepetence has come to a point where it's blocking their potential and success severely, to a point it's killing the hype even the bigger 127zens have. It's so sad to see...

kpop companies fighting each other to show which is one is the most incompetent

Maybe it's because I mainly pay attention to SM groups, but from an "outside" perspective, my impression is that JYP and Hybe are far less error-prone. YG is just lazy as hell and try to play the "expensive"/quality over quantity image, which can be smart. With SM I feel like they have so many groups and soloists and they are so bad at scheduling that they end up rushing comebacks here and there constantly at the 2nd half of the year.

I've seen people criticize Hybe merchandise for being underwhelming and such but with SM it's lately a circus... MV delays, teasers with no fixed hour or even changing of date, physical albums mess ups, mic and in-ear problems on the SMTown concert and on the recent 127 showcase... Like what is this company.

There are not three or five members, it has more than 20 members. It doesn't make sense for them to make a member version. If I were SM, I wouldn't go for the member version on NCT. So I'm not surprised they forgot. Also, members sometimes change between units. This means that their staff do not memorize the locations of members in NCT units. Of course, they don't have to memorize like their fans, but they could open profiles and look while making albums. It's a known fact that SM management was bad.

There's literally no excuse for messing up a member version for 127 in this case. They have been 9 members for more than 3 years now. (Yes, the same 9 members).

they forgot Chenle in Reload and there were only 6 of them (Nark was not a part of Reload comeback). SM don't need any specific reason to be incompetent. That's their business credo.

I'll always remember when WayV's Turn Back Time MV was delayed without any announcement to then the album to be reprinted because they messed up with some of the clothes of the comeback. The more the times passes the more I think the thing holding SM back is SM itself.

What makes me sad is how hyped the members were for this album and this company ALWAYS have to mess up something or make some weird decision. If the MV isn't delayed, there's some problem with the album.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When it's a incompetence competition and your rival is SM:

Squidward GIF - Squidward - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

But seriously, this company pisses me off so damn much.

Wow. I don't know what to say.

I really, really like the song. It's high energy, the beat is dirty af, it's quirky, camp, memey but goes ridicously hard. Truly NCT 127.

At first I wasn't sure about the chant chorus, but it's so catchy and particular (and the choreo is so good) that I like it, although I lowkey think they could have made a more melodic post-chorus for the impact.

What really sells this song for me is the last chorus/outro and the attitude of the members all throughout the MV. I love to see them showcase this song how it's supposed to and embrace their quirky side so confidently, you can tell they really like this song. I'm really hyped about seeing their performances and the dancing because this just seems FUN and cool, which is something I really appreciate about 127.

Mark as always ate it up and left no crumbs and Jaehyun genuinely has a great rap delivery, I always thought he was good but it wasn't showcased as much because he's mainly a vocalist, but wow every time he's given some lines he does so good.

I discovered K-Pop's existence on 2015, and for 2/3 years I became obsessed with the industry as a whole.

The impact of MV's, the cool choreography, pretty girls all around... I was the kind to check out ANY new song that would be released, even unknown groups and solo artists that wouldn't get to 300k views. And I found a lot of song gems that I treasure and even sometimes listen to nowadays.

Eventually, I realized which ones were the kind of songs that I really liked, what kind of groups to look forward to... and with time became uninterested of the K-pop "scene" because:

1 - I'm more selective of what I like

2 - The industry overall became too toxic for me. I feel like an outsider of the average K-Pop fandoms. I always was fascinated (still kind of am) of certains aspect of the industry (history, business-side...) but I feel like I'm almost the only one.

Between visuals and superficial criticisms (this song is terrible, this idol can not dance, not a rapper because x, 10,000 album versions, etc,etc,etc) I almost feel like a K-Pop boomer so I wouldn't say I'm a k-pop fan at all, I like the groups that I like but I'm just not interested on the industry as a whole and it's next trendy group to stan them. I find some of the things that k-pop fans find "fresh" mediocre and watered down american pop singles/k-pop b-sides from 10 years ago.

I still could make an effort and go out my way to listen to nugu releases like I did years ago and find like 3 bangers, but I'm not that invested anymore on K-Pop as a whole. I just check the groups I'm interested in and I'll eventually listen to BTS, BP, Twice or any other popular groups' songs on TikTok, Twitter, Random Play Dances or whatever.