Posts by tetetete

Yep there's precedent. With SM last year as well, everyone thought HYBE was the evil corp trying to steal SM away from Lee Sung-soo family. Turns out HYBE is the victim and SM were all crooks and conducted stock manipulation with Kakao.

HYBE is just bad at PR.

They should have just gave MHJ 2 options internally to either find investors to buy the remaining shares of the company at a price way above the market value or leave if she can't find the investors/gather the funds resign from the company.

They can't give options like this because what happens if other sub labels also want to divest from hybe? What hybe does with ador will set precedent on how other sub labels will view their "independence"

They made a whole mess while establishing lsfm and nj

Sounds like a lot of money was wasted while restructuring ;judgingpepe:

The way I've always understood it, SouMus debt largely came from the expenses needed to cast and debut LSF, in a similar vein to how Ador was in debt before NewJeans debut.

It was obvious that none of Gfriends original staff was still there by the time they disbanded but afaik none of them transitioned to Ador.

Wasn't the debt due to gfriend? I doubt they were making any profits selling max 80k-90k albums per comeback

This would be very messy

How the tables have turned 😂

Why would he store it on the company laptop 🤣

This makes more sense than the illit reasoning :eyes:

Bit off topic, but this drama also reminded me again of a Billboard article I recently read. It talked about UMG"s reorganization and there was a part at the end which can be directly related to Hybe's system. Hybe aspires to be like UMG afterall. But I guess hybe wasn't so succesful in reminding everyone they're part of the same team lol.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

From a business pov, this is a failure of hybe's independent labels business model

They need to rethink

What type of impression does this give to zico's label, Ithaca and their Japanese label?

Bang pd is personally close to belift and source ceo but for the others this makes them rethink their decision to stay under hybe

To be fair, didn't the bighit group which disbanded pre debut also have a yeonjun look-alike

It's pretty common in this industry to have companies debuting similar looking idols which is why mhj's argument over hair, makeup and event appearances seems pointless

She is using illit and all this copy cat issue to gain support if she can and deviate from the real accusations which could potentially land her up in jail.

Will hybe do all this just because she expressed her unhappiness over illit concept? Because that's what she is saying. Btw i don't think hybe is innocent either. None can be fully trusted.

Also some ppl r connecting youngseo departure from the group with all this as she was a ex-ador traniee after those articles came out about her getting access to trainee information.

She is using illit and all this copy cat issue to gain support if she can and deviate from the real accusations which could potentially land her up in jail.

Will hybe do all this just because she expressed her unhappiness over illit concept? Because that's what she is saying. Btw i don't think hybe is innocent either. None can be fully trusted.

Also some ppl r connecting youngseo departure from the group with all this as she was a ex-ador traniee after those articles came out about her getting access to trainee information.

Wasn't the youngseo issue related to the riize guy who is also on hiatus

I think it's a separate issue