Posts by 3best

which is why I wanted to ask, is that white shirt guy who was basically hoping for China to invade some places too mistranslated too? or did he really say that, cause I found that very worrying. He sounded like he admired what Putin is doing right now.

I don't think so but he did not seem to be serious either.

very interesting! The lady in the green sweater is very well informed.

Well informed or aligned with your position? :wink:

It is also worth noting that many people in the comments are calling out AB on lots of mistranslations. For example, at 12:20 lady in green actually says a different thing (from the comments):

the lady meant "I hope US stop intervening (or provoking) and making this kind of situation", not "I hope US will stop the situation". These are completely opposite.

So I urge people to also check back with some revised translations from the comment section. This is not the first Asian Boss mistranslates to the point of completely changing the meaning (I saw similar stuff in their videos about racism in China and Japan, where they mistranslated the comments several times to make them look racist and were called out in the comment section) - a bit sus tbh, the quality of AB's translations is rather low considering that they have native speakers in their team who should be able to pickup those things.

More companies are pulling out or putting their business on a freeze in Russia:

- TikTok yesterday suspended live streaming, uploads of new videos, ads, and partnership programs in Russia.

- Netflix suspended service.

- Users from Russia will be unable to buy Spotify Premium (probably has to do with Visa\MC pulling out) any longer, their Russian office was closed.

- Big 4 (KPMG, PwC, etc.) are pulling out, same with Accenture.

- Impossible to buy anything from Steam, every payment option is unavailable.

- IKEA halted all operations until May.

According to my friends in Russia, some of the services are not available even when using VPN - e.g. Steam\TikTok. The latter can be bypassed on desktop but on the mobile app, it somehow detects that you are using proxy and outputs the warning that you cannot upload new videos.

YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch are still working. YT & Twitch stopped ad programs in Russia - so (at least on YT) all the videos are ad-free in Russia, lol.

I wouldn't completely trust Nexta on this, they often paint the situation way better than it is. If Russia was stalled this hard, then Zelensky would not be calling for NATO to establish "no fly" zone every day. Russians also exaggerate their advances though, so the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Except the dependence is mutual. Banning trade with China will result in double or triple digit inflation in the Western countries, as well as many companies (especially small and middle sized ones) going down while the larger ones will incur massive downturns which will lead to spike in unemployment. You can already see how even the US (which could produce all the necessary petroleum by itself or import from the Middle East) is hesitant on banning Russian energy industry, which means that the West is not ready to unleash the actual nuclear weapon against the Russian economy, they so far struck mostly the sectors which will bring minimal pain to them.

I mean, the medal really wasn't fairly won so I can't imagine congratulating somebody on their unfair win so this was a stupid move on her part and I say that as a NN bias but the reaction towards her is pure xenophobia, 12k upvotes? The vitriol in the comments?

Nah, it was won fairly and under the rules. Koreans just get defensive every time they lose - the same thing happened in 2018 when their athlete got DQd and the Canadian one won the bronze (they sent her death threats); in 2002 when Ohno got gold and Korean one got DQd (American team had to cancel their attendance in 2003 WC in Korea over the death threats); in 2010 when they threatened to blow up Australian embassy over DQ of a Korean speed skater. Source: https://english.almayadeen.net…eas-dark-world-of-olympic.

Yes xenophobia is a big thing. I know Alot of people here just react to it without even thinking. I know it's easier to blow it all off as terrible for those living in the west. You live a comfortable life of peace you have no threats of war on your land or disputes especially places like America. Yes racism and xenophobia is wrong but it would help if all you outsiders took a moment to try and learn and understand why these things are happening, this deep seeded hatred between our nation and China comes from many decades of territorial, cultural and political disputes. Ranging from the wars years ago to the Korean war and their continued support of north Korea to the many disputes political and otherwise going on till this day.

I'm sure this same thing would be happening there if say Canada was like your sworn enemy always jabbing at you and they are your next door neighbor. That's the situation between Korea and China racism isn't ever a good thing but atlest you will understand there's alot of reasons for it

If you are talking about reactions to speed skating (and I think that Ningning hate train is a spillover from that), then it is not the first time Koreans are overreacting like this and it is not related to China. It happened multiple times before that:

Source: https://english.almayadeen.net…eas-dark-world-of-olympic.

Some people are just mentally colonized - they were brainwashed from birth that they are second-rate and they should idolize everything about the West, hence seeing popular Asian bands makes them shortcircuit. Self-deprecating jokes (if I make fun of myself first, the others won't be able to do that instead) and "pick me" behavior, on the other hand, are essentially coping mechanisms against racism. I don't get why Jae Park is behaving like an uncle Tom on that screenshot though, who is even twomad? Some edgy "comedian"?

I'm trying to give you an analogy. Imagine a white artist making "jokes" on national TV about Asians eating bat soup and sneezing during this time where a lot of anti-Asian hate crimes due to corona. How would you feel about the artist? Knowing that peoples lives are literally in danger due to the spread of malicious stereotypes. It's the same for black people, many black men and women lost their lives, they lost opportunities, because of stereotypes about them being aggressive, which is what Wendy was doing

This is offtopic: I am not even Asian but why would they have to "imagine" anything? Both Black & White entertainers had said a lot of stereotypical and problematic shit about Asians without losing their careers - Snoop Dogg (racist joke in his Insta), YG ("Meet the Flockers"), Ice Cube ("Black Korea"), Donald Glover (history of fetishizing Asian women), Steve Harvey (https://www.hollywoodreporter.…s-asian-men-jokes-963735/), Jay Leno (funny how the person who reported his racist jokes got fired, not him, lmao), Stephen Colbert ("I am willing to show #Asian community I care by introducing the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whatever."), Marky Mark (was a literal neonazi who attacked and brutally beat two Vietnamese men, permanently blinding one, with his gang in his youth), etc. And they live in a supposedly diverse & racially aware country.

In terms of Wendy & Giselle - as far as I know, the former never apologized and even continued doing that after getting called out?

She can be a good soloist/dancer in China tbh, and of course she already has her GP999 fame, i think she'd do something with it.

As far as I understand, GP999 is a flop in China compared to PD China 2018 or 2020, so if she did not manage to make a breakthrough after those, GP999 won't be much of a help to her.