Meta will most likly stop alowing Facebook and Instagram in Europe

• source: t-online.de

The main issue Meta sees for their action are the privacy-laws for users in Europe ... wow, so they give a fuck about the user's privacy and be like "ok, than we say bye bye to 700 million people"

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• JiminieKookie

Changed the title of the thread from “Meta will stop most likly stop alowing Facebook and Instagram in Europe” to “Meta will most likly stop alowing Facebook and Instagram in Europe”.
  • Meta ... Europe ... we say bye bye to 700 million people"

Concerning *META* = Facebook , Instagram (owns them) ...
    They are under 'political attack' in USA (USA Sen. Level = Fairly Powerful) ...
    Concerning 'Protection of Children' from content and interaction (messages)

of a negative nature ... I will guess that , in general , lately , that

*META* Top Level Managers are just NOT that much in a friendly mood overall.

NOT sure this relates to EUROPE exactly , but not much harm to say it either ... :joy: :)

• If they do ban Facebook, then it's the perfect opportunity for a European company to come through and pick up the pieces.

But, I can't see people letting go of Instagram. If you can login with a VPN, I could see that being a thing.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Instagram requires phone number verification so that would be difficult

Does it really?! 8|

What if you have a pre-existing account? You could also spoof a number and make a web account, though the web app for instagram is poopoo.

So, I think there would be way to bypass it, but I don't think this is going to happen. Europe probably makes Meta a lot of money. They'll figure something out.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Does it really?! 8|

What if you have a pre-existing account? You could also spoof a number and make a web account, though the web app for instagram is poopoo.

So, I think there would be way to bypass it, but I don't think this is going to happen. Europe probably makes Meta a lot of money. They'll figure something out.

A few years ago when I first made an account, in 2018 or 2019, phone number verification was already required iirc.

Yeah I agree that it's near impossible they'd stop services in Europe.

• Some context is missing here. This was mentioned in their annual report under the "about the business" chapter, where they are obliged to write an extensive overview of risks, economic factors, competitors and legislation/regulations they're under, including negative consequences they could have in their business. For example, since 2020, all companies have to include a paragraph mentioning the Covid pandemic and its impact on their business, as a safeguard. It's not what will actually happen, just a review of scenarios and opportunities/threats.

The possibility of them suspending Facebook and Instagram in Europe is merely a "worst possible scenario" in case a new transatlantic data transfer framework is not adopted, or if they can't rely on other ways to transfer data from Europe to the US. So it's more likely they will find a way around this, than just ban Facebook and Instagram from Europe altogether.

As usual media are blowing things out of proportion to make headlines.

Quote from Meta Platforms' annual report

We are also subject to evolving laws and regulations that dictate whether, how, and under what circumstances we can transfer, process and/or receive certain data that is critical to our operations, including data shared between countries or regions in which we operate and data shared among our products and services. If we are unable to transfer data between and among countries and regions in which we operate, or if we are restricted from sharing data among our products and services, it could affect our ability to provide our services, the manner in which we provide our services or our ability to target ads, which could adversely affect our financial results. For example, the Privacy Shield, a transfer framework we relied upon for data transferred from the European Union to the United States, was invalidated in July 2020 by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU). In addition, the other bases upon which Meta relies to transfer such data, such as Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs), have been subjected to regulatory and judicial scrutiny. In August 2020, we received a preliminary draft decision from the Irish Data Protection Commission (IDPC) that preliminarily concluded that Meta Platforms Ireland's reliance on SCCs in respect of European user data does not achieve compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and preliminarily proposed that such transfers of user data from the European Union to the United States should therefore be suspended. We believe a final decision in this inquiry may issue as early as the first half of 2022. If a new transatlantic data transfer framework is not adopted and we are unable to continue to rely on SCCs or rely upon other alternative means of data transfers from Europe to the United States, we will likely be unable to offer a number of our most significant products and services, including Facebook and Instagram, in Europe, which would materially and adversely affect our business, financial condition, and results of operations.

here, if you're interested: https://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfr…054-9dc5-71bcc7cf01ce.pdf

Stocks fell because the report came out recently and earnings were "weaker" than expected. Predictable response from the stock market.

• Wow! You know a lot about business.

Thanks for the insight.

• If they do ban Facebook, then it's the perfect opportunity for a European company to come through and pick up the pieces.

(Conspiracy Theory Warning ... )

Yes , *TRUMP* will finance a 'New and Better' EURO-FACEBOOK ...

YOU LUCKY DOGS !!! ... :wink: :wink:

It will be the first step to WORLD DOMINATION by TRUMP ...

TRUMP + PUTIN + XI + TRILATERAL COMMISSION = *BLISS POINT* !!! ... :woow:

And , just WHO is MILES GUO ... ??? ... :watt: :watt:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilateral_Commission

Trilateral Commission ; Info

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guo_Wengui

MILES GUO ; Info

Added Later --> I got a LOL , THANKS !!! ... :joy: :)

Edited 2 times, last by krell ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!