Posts by MissBehave

Probably Dreamcatcher. I spent 2 years on a J-rock detoxication, but now I'm back to it. The only problem is that I'm not really looking for another fave. I can't even give enough attention to mine.

I really enjoy DC. I haven't fully fallen for them yet, but have quite a few songs on my playlist. Odd Eye was one of my fave comebacks of the year.

I didn't realize there was some big controversy over it. I didn't watch the parade, but parade performances in general are pretty awkward especially ones in cold temps with bad set ups. I wouldn't blame a performer for being awkward in that situation and a lot of the US parade audience is not really gonna be paying that much attention anyway unless it's an artist they're already interested in.

was it in relation to ranked choice voting? We really should institute that in the US

i know that at first the voting system seems so rude but it's really not. like i said attractive can mean everything. saying someone is least attractive doesn't imply he's not attractive or ugly. i mean, all idols are gorgeous, whether people want to admit or not, that's part of their job.

i'm also weirdly invested in this tournament and i couldn't care less about visuals :) check OP, all other polls are listed under previous rounds :)

oh I didn't realize this was already ongoing. I'll check them out

I understand that. All idols are attractive in their own right and I do think most people get that losing this poll does in no way mean they're not good looking. It'll hopefully feel less like you're calling someone ugly in later rounds when the majority is acknowledged visuals.

In the first round it doesn't make much of a difference. I just wanted to introduce it right away so people could get used to it. But in later rounds I think it'll help from turning it into a bias poll. Normally a lot of people will just go in and vote for whoever they stan, maybe not even paying attention to who else is in the poll. But if you instead ask them to vote for their bottom 2 out of 5 idols they have to make a conscious decision. That's the idea at least.

When I hosted the girl version on the old forum I asked people to vote for their top 3. But many ofc only used 1 or 2 of their votes. I realized that people who voted for popular idols were more likely to only use 1 of their votes while people who voted for less known idols usually used all of theirs. Result was that less popular idols were at an even bigger disadvantage than expected. This new voting system will hopefully remove that effect.

Okay, fair enough. I'll go ahead and vote then. I'm curious how this all pans out. If you get a taglist going for the rounds, please include me.

I think people are gonna be resistant to voting for the least attractive as a measure. I mean with a four member group and two votes, by default you're saying the other two are most or least attractive but what if you get a poll result where one member gets tons more votes than the others? It's gonna be like, wow so many people think X is the least attractive! He must be ugly. Seems kinda unsavory. Not saying you mean anything by it, I just think you might not get that much of a response cuz of the optics.

Btw, I'm curious why you think this method would be less biased?

ooh! I didn't know all this. I'll have to put these on my watch list. :)