Posts by sleeplessnights

Yeah. Although it depends on how bad was the bully. Stupid bully who couldn't control emotion when young or was stressed and bully others to compensate for that? Sure, it's possible although they probably brush it off as a phase or think it wasn't that serious while victims have to live through that. I don't think many try to redeem themselves. They just move on and maybe get less shitty because social norms just become more complex and complicated compared to middle/high school.

If they got caught, confronted, and corrected, I think they have a better chance to self correct themselves.

Someone who abused his/her power position to bully others? Hardly. Probably these types get worse. Chances are they just continue bullying others. They just learn how much they can get away with.

If I wanna choose a place to live for safety (like retiring), I'd just return to my little town in the middle of the mountains isolated from everywhere. I lived in cities that are considered not safe, so any of these places listed would be great or the same.

From the listed cities, Singapore seems pretty cool.

I'd probably choose a Portuguese city. Portugal seems pretty underrated. Geopolitically not much going on there which is good (you want a quiet place for long term living). It seems a nice balance of progressive and traditional. It may not be as rich as other Western European nations, but it seems fine. Usually people don't list Portuguese cuisine as much as other European nations, but it's great food and wine. Climate seems nice overall. I guess some minor crimes could be a problem, but I live in Los Angeles. Pretty sure most places there are safer than here.

If I were younger, safety would not be really my number 1 concern.

It would sour my enjoyed of their art for sure if their beliefs actively hurt others like antivaxx. If they just believe and just keep for themselves, I don't see much of a problem. Some anti-science/reality beliefs are relatively harmless like flat-earth, lizard people, and so.

Lot of oppas and nunas in Kpop have very conservative views on certain things that could be deal breakers, but they keep for themselves and that's fine.

On technicalities not really, on paper yeah.

Throughout their history similar governments did similar things. They tried to assimilate others and failing that oppression follows and possibly ethnic cleansing. The systematic aspect may be Nazi-esque (not just Uyghurs, but Tibetans and Mongolians, and whoever don't consider themselves Han or follow what CCP believes as Han identity), but it's not really of this Nazi brand. They do add a modern twist to these and try to learn from others and their mistakes.

Interesting enough Nazis did take notes from others like Americans, Canadians, and Australians with their native policies and Turkey with their genocide of Armenians, Assyrians, and others when designing their plans towards Jews, Romani, Slavs, and so on. I think the CCP is doing the same, but I don't think they want to kill everyone per se. They let them be assimilated, if they can't them they go to more ethnic cleansing steps. Mongolians and Tibetans may not be as extreme as Uyghurs case, but their identity is being stripped from them. Hong Kong as well although in a more subtle way (comparatively speaking). They aren't even going full Soviet like displacing people and moving Russians everywhere. They are just moving Han Chinese and changing and assimilating others this way.

These education and sterilization camps are I guess for more extreme cases for the CCP POV as the slow approach isn't yielding results they want. So there are some technical differences compared to Nazi or even other similar policies.

On the other fronts, chauvinism and cult of personality are just exclusive of Nazism or Fascism. Lot of methodology of control like propaganda is used by liberal democracies. Calling them CCP should be bad enough and pretty sure CCP could substitute Nazi in the future as the term for evil government systems.

You are the one doing word salad and speech policing and going to a weird tangent. Weird focus because anti-religion should encompass anti-Islam as well, right? Just saying the Chinese are Islamophobic is simplistic and like your hypocrisy argument, it only works if you have an oversimplified vision of them. Anyway, you are the one going on this. My initial focus was on just the Taliban if you cared to read my post more carefully. You are the one saying China = Islamophobic which implies being too focused on hate on this religion when CCP is way more than that and that's what I tried to fix even if it was just your tangent and not really part of my argument.

You are just ignoring my points about why the hypocrisy argument doesn't work with Taliban. If they were like some of the Arab nations that vowed to help Palestinians in their cause and just sell off to Israel, sure. However, the Taliban for what they portrayed to be (not just what the news portray them to be as most of them are overly simplistic) never really cared about other Muslims or made vows for that. They even fight other groups with very similar ideology on paper (like ISIS). They care only about their terrible brand of Pashtun nationalism and chauvinism. As horrible Taliban ideology is, they are very clear and focused on wanting their Emirate with their brand of sharia law with Pashtun ideology. That's it. What happen with other Muslims isn't really their business politically speaking. They are very much against other Muslims in their own soil.

Your religion angle for pointing out hypocrisy only works if you paint every Muslims as the same. For the Taliban in specific, it's not hypocrite for them to throw Uyghurs under the bus for money and power because they are already doing that against similar ethnic groups since their inception. Now if China oppressed the Pashtuns (which what China would do if Pashtuns were in their territory) and the Taliban threw them under the bus, sure pointing out the hypocrisy would work and be warranted. As of now just pointing out both Taliban and Uyghurs being Muslims isn't much of a commonality to call them hypocrites on this front. Taliban and CCP have very much in common with each other even if their religious stance are on paper very different.

My nitpicking is because this type of oversimplifications can be deceiving and manipulative and with media being so lazy with their reports and not properly portraying nuances, it can be even dangerous.

just a random thought have you ever seen chinese animation?

not saying that it beats japanese stuff but some of it can be quiet interesting lol

I watched a couple of Donghua and some hybrid ChinesexJapanese productions and they were decent watches. Quite hard to judge the whole industry as I googled for some titles and it seems quite a lot already and it's hard to keep up with new animes and add Chinese animation to my watch list mix. However, judging how new the industry is, I think it could take off.

Removing the Chinese history ones, most of them seem indistinguishable to anime in terms of average quality. Not sure their best can match the best/popular animes in quality of plot or characters yet, but the middle of the road stuff is comparable IMO.

and it doesn't make those countries any less hypocritical.

only problem is China is against the entirety of Islam in their country

pointing out that different kinds of muslims don't like each doesn't make a difference to what i said. China is Islamophobic period!

I think you don't quite get it why it doesn't work as an argument.

Muslims aren't all the same. The Taliban oppress other Muslims just like China like the Hazaras who are closed related to Uyghurs. That's what I'm pointing out that trying to shame their supposed hypocrisy is useless and maybe a bit simplistic like throwing all Muslims in the same box. Trying to point out the hypocrisy of other Central Asian countries with Turkic majority countries and maybe Turkey sure, I kinda get the hypocrisy (although these nations are dictatorships under weird narcissists usually). However, for Pashtun and Taliban it doesn't work to point out this supposed hypocrisy. There are Uyghurs in Afghanistan as well and pretty sure they are shitting themselves with the Taliban in control. They may deport them to China.

Well, China is anti-religion anyway. Maybe some religions more close related to majority Han Chinese and under CCP de facto control get some leeway, but other religious group like Christians and Tibetan Buddhists also suffer or suffered under them. They aren't just Islamophobic per se. That's too simplistic of a label for both Taliban and CCP.

What I'm trying to say is these type of shaming is kinda useless and simplistic view of the situation. Taliban has more in common with CCP than with Uyghurs. I don't disagree with both governments being abhorrent, but I'm just pointing out why this hypocrisy shaming doesn't work. Lot of governments will work with China despite any hypocrisy because geopolitics and money talk stronger.

Taliban isn't the only country with Muslim majority willing to work with CCP. Islam is like Christianity with so many sects that don't like each other. Obviously when talking about geopolitics and money, religion will take a back seat. It's just a tool for an objective (in Taliban's case is to create a Pashtun Emirate).

Pretty sure majority Pashtun will not care much about Uyghurs because they are Muslims. The Pashtun are at odds with other minorities there in the first place and they are Muslims as well. The Hazaras in Afghanistan may be closer related to Uyghurs and they suffer similar oppression from the Taliban.

So please don't use religion in this context to point out hypocrisy. Islam isn't a unified religion and they don't have a problem slaughtering and abusing each other. I think it can work in other contexts like Arab countries throwing Palestinians under the bus, but it doesn't work well with Taliban and Uyghurs as a critic.

Anyway, they are doing their weird PR trying to sell an "inclusive" government to get legitimacy and get some of the blocked funds to run the country. Obviously, no one will fall for that, so all they can do is sell their country to China. After all both are oppressive against their minorities. It's a match made in hell.

Are u for real? Not even a powder for when days are hot, or a lip gloss for when u actually need one for ur lips when it’s bleeding from cracks?

Literally those are atleast bare minimum. I’m a male, too 💀

I don't use anything. I just let it crack and bleed like a man!

Just kidding. I'm just lazy about taking care of my skincare (probably not good in the long run). Nothing to do with thinking it is masculine or bullshit like that for me.

Now about the topic: just stupid micromanagement. It will just stunt their creativity than "solve" whatever bullshit cause or morality pandering.

The only bullying I got when I was a kid in a church. The bully and I were new there. For some reason he used me as a stress reliever by belittling me and trying to take and damage my stuff. Eventually, I had enough and just beat the shit of him (he was bigger, I probably just caused more embarrassment than damage). He stopped his dumb bullying and just avoided me. Eventually he left the church. Probably not because of me, It's probably because his parents moved and just went to this church temporarily. No one liked him anyway. He was a dumbfuck big kid. I guess he was wang-ta there too. Still not an excuse for being a awful kid.