Posts by rosietwerk

It can go both ways, as seen in the past

The "Suzy" curse

Suzy debuted in Dream High(2011) , following her group's massive debut year. Miss A in 2010 won Daesang and achieved #1 on Gaon Digital, I believe they are still the only group to win a Daesang with their debut song(?)

Anyways Dream High blew up and she received offers left and right. She worked as an idol and actress and that boosted her popularity to be the #1 IT Girl , affecting the group as she outshined others and JYP never really pushed the other 3 as individuals. IIRC JYP tried to push Jia in China yet she struggled to build a solid fanbase

Yoona & Taeyeon , The Lucky Charm

In 2008, Yoona was the lead for You Are My Destiny, she had done two cameos before around the time SNSD debuted. With 41.5% viewers rating, she achieved two 'Best New Actress' Awards, being the first idol-actress to win such awards. Taeyeon, on the other and recorded 2 OSTs with 'If' making a buzz in Korea. She managed to chart high on charts before her group with 'If' and gained multiple variety show offers. In January 2009, with Taeyeon & Yoona being widely known by the public, SNSD released Gee and the rest is history.

I believe if Starship want to push Wonyoung as an actress, it would be a Suzy-like route. Tbh they should let others in the group(Gaeul or Leeseo for example) to start acting as cameos and WY to gain as many solo CFs as she could get. Her being an actress on IVE's rookie year seems risky even with the presence of Yujin. Yujin should do more variety, she's fun to watch

I

For

I hope this will boost their comeback result

The girls have been fighting to be together, Tiffany even moved her US flights until September so she can focus with SNSD promotion

This is a comeback that the girls have thought about for a long time while focusing on the tiny little detail. If SM fails to deliver this time just like 2017 I will burn the company to the ground

This might be the last OT8 SNSD comeback until idk 2027/2028 if the group still exist then...

Because people grew tired of machine noises and unimaginably hard choreography

Sometimes good melody and vocal is what it takes. Polaroid Love is one of the best 4th gen Kpop song tbh and they don't even need to try hard

I have said few times before that BGs have to be different. In an industry where 89% of the boy groups uses the same sounds,aesthatics and song progression: having a different sound really helps

The title track is tacky and cheap? Yeah kinda but their debut album & stages are really good!

My personal favourite in the album is Another Dream, all those backing harmonizations reminds me so much of SNSD sounds and I actually loves it. All girls sings well(even Hiyyih) 8)8)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Personally, I think the trouble I have with Wa Da Da is how unbalanced it is and it is expected - how can you give them a girl-crush-cutesy concept when the best rapper in the group is not ready? If Hikaru can showcases her rap skills I'm pretty sure the song would've been much better. ||

Judging on their debut stages, it just feels approriate for them to go down the two legendary 9 member GG route - rock off cute-teenage concept in their debut years.

SHINE really serves justice for Kep1er and I think it's best for them to comeback with this kind of song - upbeat high-school vibes. Also I can finally see all 9 member PRESENT on stage as opposed to just some grabbing all the screentime in Wa Da Da ?(?(

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hate to say this but Dayeon's voice bugs me so much. She does all these rap thingy and continue to lead the "da da da" line , i'm hearing her voice dragging the song even longer and longer that I feel bored

They should've let that poor girl Bahiyyih sing some lines, her getting second place and got the least everything in their debut is sad

On the positive note, never paid attention to Youngeun so I'm surprised by her voice, also God knows how this group needs Xiaoting and thank God girl SERVED

Girl just released a statement and its so upsetting to see how she is being treated right now as if the scam wasnt enough

"Ever since I was a child, I lived apart from my family. So with the life that I have left, I wanted to find a place for my family where I could work and live in a location that was closer [to them], so that I could meet them more often. It was my dream to create a spot just for my family.
    With the consent of my family, both of my parents confirmed with their own eyes and painted the same dream as me, and that is how we made the decision.
    I am posting this because our purpose and intentions seem to be reflected differently [fro the truth]."
    I ask that you refrain from misunderstanding and making speculations. We are currently waiting one-sidedly regarding our financial damages. I'm upset and don't know why I have to be telling this story in this way, but I am asking those who are viewing this situation badly and misunderstanding to refrain from doing so.
    I would be crazy to try and invest for profit with that land."

This is sad, she never catch a break literally once every two years people are going to say nasty things about her on subjects she doesn't have any control with

At least now she can talk freely , as compared to 2014

is how big of a gap the other girls' skills are with hers

I'm not joking, nor trolling and making fun of her. How long has she been training to be an idol and compare that with the other girls in the team

And no, I'm not only saying this because its Bahiyyih, I will have the exact same concern with Myah if she debuted.

You see, being a full-time idol vs being on a survival competition have major differences . You may ask why am I not worried with others in the team? Because they have shown at times they have the skills to become an idol and trained years after years, some of them have gone through that journey themselved.

I would love to be proven wrong by her, Knetz have shown their dislikeness towards her and one wrong step, BOOM she is gonna be everyone's aim for the next 2 years

88% of SEA Kpop fans are not Secret Number fan, let's start with that

Also, one major thing that people tend to overlooked is that SEA Kpop fans ALWAYS join group orders from China or whatever group orders there is, it is really abnormal for a country fanbase to buy one if I recall correctly

So yeah , they do buy but their purchase goes under the GO's origin country

Anyhow, I'm from Malaysia and I will directly buy albums from my friends in Korea, much cheaper than all these websites

No

One thing that sets SNSD apart from ALL GG is how respected and influental EACH and EVERY member are, how successful ALL 9 of them are in their respective generation that I still can't find be reenacted

You can have hits after hits during your prime time, but what keeps SNSD going is how RELEVANT they are as a brand

When you see Taeyeon creating bangers and breaking records , being the 2nd best female soloists after IU, Koreans will say "as expected from SNSD"

When you see how successful and booked Tiffany is, Koreans would say "as expected from SNSD"

When you see Yoona snatching brands and drama offers left and right and make records with her films, Koreans will say "as expected from SNSD"

Also, I feel like the reason why SNSD seems to be unrivaled is because they are the only TOP group from 2nd gen that is still going strong AND clean. Koreans hate controversies and SNSD rarely involved in one and they are saint compared to the rest top 2nd gen group( SJ,Bigbang,2NE1)