Posts by TPHF

does anyone understand this chart?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes I was talking about these % in an earlier post. You divide the ktown4u preorders by the % you think the pre-orders from there represent the Gaon first month sales.

Right now there are 176k ktown4u preorders, so, when you let's say go with a 5% share, you get:

176.000/0.05 = 3.52 million sales

I personally feel preorders for 'Proof' are closer to MOTS7 (4.02m) than that of 'MOTS : Persona' (3.07m).

We don't really have much reliable stats to base it on, tho you could use the ktown4u preorders as an indiction (tho they're far from reliable). Ktown4u preorders represented between 3-7% of first month gaon sales for the previous BTS albums, so going by that Proof's sales will be between 2.5m-5.3m.

3% seems out of the question to me but I think 5-6% could be realistic, so that would be between 2.9m-3.5m sales.

TPHF  sobee f*ck you two, why are you always faster than me when it comes to updates (but seriously, PAK thread was a moment in history :finger-heart:)

Always a massive honor to get to post before you and then cussed out for it afterwards :pepe-toast:

Also let me just say that you were one of the users who made me become active on AKP back in 2020. The king of the stats game for sure. :pepe-shades:

urhh.. they arent active here but to the armys who are in the discord server. thanks you guys for making me laugh all the time. and bringing me up when im down :borahae:

And we love having you around in the server!! We can count ourselves very lucky that we get to talk BTS with you every day. And let's also not forget about your amazing graphic skills. Very grateful for everything you have made for us Magic Shoppers:borahae:

Proof is almost here so let me post some of the pre-order stats that are out there

China:

350k pre-orders from the c-bars

006sdBffly1h2wni2m5pij32r03xlnpe (1).jpg

Ktown4u:

Set: 15.202 sales

Compact: 110.179 sales

Standard: 41.196 sales

Total: 166.577 sales

Afbeelding

France:

On of the main retail sites, FNAC, Proof already has become BTS's album with the most pre-orders. In france Proof needs 50k sales to be certified gold so it's already 20% of the way there with just these pre-order sales from FNAC only.

Afbeelding

I'm predicting around 3-3.5m first month sales on Gaon for Proof's

BTS don't have to worry about being gunned down at their job just because they're Korean. They don't have to worry about being attacked on the streets of the cities where they live by racists.

BTS's New York Concert Abruptly Ends Due To Alleged Death Threat Against Rap Monster
    BTS cut their Best Buy Theater concert short due to death threats delivered on Twitter. On July 16, BTS was forced to cut their New York City show short, due…
    www.kpopstarz.com

U.S. Authorities Investigate Anonymous Death Threats Against BTS’ Jimin Ahead of Upcoming Concerts
    At least two U.S. local police departments are looking into anonymous threats made against BTS’ Jimin.
    www.billboard.com

Funny thing is that this wasn't even the biggest gap in broadcast points since they changed the formula for it earlier this year. That honor goes to Ive (BB fans maybe should join the fight against KBS?)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Always thought Music Show wins weren't taken serious anymore, especially by Koreans, but guess they're becoming relevant again.

Somebody shared this article on twitter called "The crippled school violence committee has lost its function" and I thought it was an interesting read. It's from 2018 and shares some insight about the whole school violence committee and its shortcomings back then (and possibly still now). If you need it translated a quick google or papago translation does the job well enough, it did for me

FYI: There is some heavy TW stuff desribed in it

[

Alright let me do some fact checking:

it's from this article: https://www.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.php?id=20220509500090

(outlet has published a lot of anti exemption articles before)

Rough translation of the part from the article (intro) that the folks on pann copied

Nowhere in the article(which is pretty bad and incoherent) does it even mention the word "cancelled" in regards to the process surrounding enlistment/exemption

and oh yeah let me for fun also just post some of the random comments(which sadly don't get as much engagement as the lovely netizens on pann or the qoo but still) underneath this article while we're at it:

- Opposition? Looks like the reporter is trying to get the atmosphere into it. I am 60 years old tomorrow after finishing my active duty, but I greatly appreciate BTS's contribution. If there are young people who bloomed as a cultural powerhouse through their efforts, it is likely that they are simply opposed by their own logic. Encounter the world with such a narrow inner shell creates unnecessary conflict forces of conflict. Be envious when others do well, but don't be jealous. That way, others will gladly applaud you.

- BTS should be exempted from military service for national interest

- This article is really weird. People around me are saying that I should be exempted, and men in their 50s should be exempted. Why is the public opinion cold and who is against it so much?Are their achievements worse than gold medals? Is it worse than winning a prize at a national and international competition?It's a world I don't understand.

And this article is full of lies. As can be easily seen in many surveys conducted so far, the majority of the public are in favor of BTS's exemption from military service. It's as easy as that. If musicians and sportsmen are always exempt from military service, BTS, who has made more contributions to the country, should also be exempted. I have never seen anyone complain when Son Heung-min was exempted from military service.

So imo this wasn't one of the best translated articles posted here (don't know if they even exist...) but let me just recommend everyone who's interested in following this situation to watch mbc's pd note special on it. They at least did some real journalistic work into it :-)

8,5k difference now. Could suprass Stay Life's Uls before Midnight KST today and then possibly reach #1 on the daily chart tomorrow, but if not then, it will definitely be 1 by Wednesday's daily chart update

Just passing a long here to post this opinion piece I've read today that had a link to this whole situation which I thought was interesting to read and includes a type of pov that doesn't often get it's own thread posted for in the amazing netizen's noise section :suure:

축구경기는 맞고 BTS공연은 틀리다?
    지난 3월 서울 잠실 주경기장에서 개최된 방탄소년단의 콘서트는 유례없이 고요했다. 기존 객석 규모의 4분의 1만 개방했고 함성, 구호, 합창, 나아가 기립까지 전면 금지됐기 때문이다. 팬들이 그토록 그리던 2년 반 만의 콘서트에서 침묵을 지키는 것은 분명 쉬운 일은 아니었으나,…
    www.hankookilbo.com