Posts by nm-tn

I watched the video.

The more important thing I focused on was the partnership (and it is a partnership, equal footing) between BH and UMG that will make use of online platforms and industry connections to promote both groups’ artists. Weverse, the online concert platform (forgot the name) were mentioned. Also UMGs connections and reach in the music industry (specially here in the US). All these, used by the artists from both groups could really be a big help in achieving more success, global wise. And I agee.

The “work hard” part is often times overlooked. But they literally gave their blood, sweat and yes, tears, because that was all they had when they first started. People these says sometimes just look at all their accomplishments and all the awards, the riches. There were a whole LOT of work and sacrifices that went into it.

They would get a LOT of backlash if they perform at the Super Bowl. Not worth it.

If they win a Grammy, on the other hand, it will add serious chops to their already very impressive accolades. Regardless of how people complain about the Grammy, it is still the most coveted award by musicians all over the world.

Blackpink doesn't have all of their solos set up (Jennie's is, Rose's is coming, Lisa's coming soon and Jisoo's is most likely coming in 2022). Their contract expires in 2023. By the time it comes, I think Blackpink would be able to do what they want.

BTS, they have the military thing but if they win Grammy's then they can be exempt (is that right?) but the competition is going to be hard and if some members go into the military, I have no idea what it's going to do to the group itself. But they debuted in 2013, did that mean that they resigned their contracts because 2020 would be the end, or did they have the 10-year contract? But they don't have anything set up either I'm hearing? Isn't Agust D Suga? I think he's a soloist.

Twice has absolutely nothing set up for them. No solos, no subunits, but they aren't really in danger. There hasn't been a huge scandal and females aren't required to go into the military for a while (they can if they want to though). There are not many things they can set up because their contracts expire next year. They could probably throw some solos in, maybe a subunit, and throw someone into modeling and/or acting. There's not much they can do. If they do decide to leave then they have almost nothing set up so they almost have to...

BTS renewed their contract so they have till 2026 on their current one. As someone mentioned before, I don’t think they will ever disband. They’re stockholders in BHE so they will most probably continue doing what is good for the company. Maybe solo projects for the members while squeezing in an OT7 album maybe once a year. They like the company and love each other, so why not continue working with people you love? So solo projects (be it music, acting, hosting, producing, etc) but still retain the BTS agenda going.

I don’t know about BP and Twice. Twice will depend on how many members will want to renew (or not want to). Each member don’t really have a stong enough individual fandom that will ensure their survival post Twice (or maybe just 2 or 3 members). They should work on that during the 2 remaining years they have left from this contract.

BP, on the other hand - each member is strong enough (in my opinion) to stand on their own. Renewing or disbanding would depend on their collective willingness to continue or go their own individual paths.

There are important differences : their mixtapes are not released on korean platforms, they do not promote the songs in music shows nor perform them at concert. These songs are never performed live which makes a difference for armys imo.

That said, I agree that they have less pressure and more freedom with releasing a mixtape.

I think the members will probably release albums in the future when there will be less focus on group activity.

This. I want to see some of their mixtape songs performed live.

Though it is somewhat well-known inside the fandom, this one always deserves more love from everyone, ARMY and others alike:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Still one of my favorites.

There’s something about them just standing on the stage, singing the song, that pulls me in everytime.

A true ARMY, in my opinion, is not someone who just watches their MVs, listen to their songs and follow the hype. We have a lot of casuals, but the true ones are the ones who take the time to sit down and listen to their songs and the lyrics and connect to the mesaages behind them.

Not interested in kpop in general although I do know about the other groups and have heard their songs (specially the popular ones).

No decisive moment for me, but I’ve always loved how they were (and still are) such a fighter as a group. They were pretty much going against the whole kpop industry when they started - poor company, not your usual “idol” looks, pretty much written out from the start. But they gritted their teeth and forced their way through and somehow came out in front. I think, that mindset is also what the ARMY fandom as a whole have adopted, specially here in the US. The “going to major stores and asking them to stock BTS albums”, calling radio stations and begging them to play BTs music, voting for the boys endlessly on the polls - there were all mind-numbing and very very tiring and went on for years. But same as the boys, we gritted our teeth and took all the rejections and just kept going ang going (I guess they didn’t have a choice here but to eventually listen). And here we are right now. Still a long way to go in terms of acceptance, but BTS is getting there (with ARMY pushing from behind😀)

What do you think of the Army fandom?

Will you have any negative feelings if one of the BTS dates another artist that you don't like?

What did you think of BTS before you became a fan?

Do you ever see yourself not being part of the ARMY fandom in the future?

Was BTS your first contact with Kpop?

I LOVE being an ARMY. It is the most fun, organized and focused fandom (in my opinion) in the world right now.

No negative feelings if one of the boys date. I am dating now, so why should I deprive them of the same joy? And if one goes out with an artist that I don’t like, that’s fine. He’s the one dating not me, so it’s his preference.

Never knew them before I became their fan. Saw a fancam years ago and became a fan right away.

No. Will remain an ARMY until they disband.

Yes. BTS was my first contact with kpop.

Company stans thread ayyyyy

Lol. I am definitely not a company stan. Just giving my 2 cents worth of recent news.

Now if you will say a group stan, then I definitely am a BTS stan. :) Any news about the group (and the company where they own stocks in) doing good is great news (after all, I contributed a lot of money to that company with all the merch/albums/concert tickets I buy 8o).

I’ve always wondered why he became a judge last July for iLand. I mean, by that time, he already had his boygroup pretty much formed. Was Belift aware that he was debuting one? This is not a shade against Ciipher but on Rain himself. Being a judge on a survival show that would “form” a BG that would directly compete against his own group is kinda sketchy. Made me wonder if that was the reason why he suddenly was not a judge in the second half of the show (and no explanation given on why he was not).