Posts by SandyBee3

Me : 'If they perform with women, I would like them to be other artists, like with Halsey, and not just there to take the place of a mannequin like in Filter or Singularity'

You : 'Yikes, so sexist'.

I didn’t said you are sexist lmfao. But you called these women women accessories because of a Choreo they worked on with.

Anyway, if you want to take OP's side and think that BH is forbidding the members to dance with women on-stage, feel free, even though it was shown that they DO indeed perform on stage with women ( just not as 'closely' as OP would like ).

I’m pretty sure I didn’t agreed with OP :/

Obviously songs can have many interpretations, and if you want to see it as romantic, you can. For Jimin's words on that, here is what I found :

Well not that far away from what I said so yeah.

lol i was gonna bring up bae bae but i feel like in korea (idol music at least) sexual lyrics are still pretty ambiguous. like anyone wouldnt think its about sex on the first listen. if you compare it to western songs about sex its very different i mean wap is a great example and its not even one of the dirtiest rap songs but its still ‘nasty’ compared to bae bae lol. anyone who gets mad at bae bae’s lyrics is weird or just immature bc the lyrics aren’t explicit at all they just happen to be about sex

Nah not talking about explicit lyrics. They do exist but not with Idols.

You are right. Kfans tend to have this obsession with youth and cute things whereas ifans tend to like more a bad girl/ bad boy image or at least they seem more open to idols experimenting and doing things that are considered out of norm in Korea.

Maybe now that the focus is more and more on ifans and other markets than Korea things might change.

Personally, I don't care much for sexy concepts or songs but I wouldn't want idols to feel restricted as to what they can sing about or be afraid to express themselves.

It is part of life as much as everything and it should be part of their music if they want it to.

Agree, they should be able to express themself without restrictions.

PS... maybe with some restrictions or they have to face the consequences too.

But that pure and not interesting in anything sexual image seems to work and there are a lot of fans who like Idol Groups especially for that lol.

But yeah it’s even worse then with Disney. Back in the day the Idols did interacted with each other and there were tons of variety shows where male and female Idols were grouped together and kinda had to flirt with each other. These shows were fun. Nowadays they are afraid to even look into the same direction.

what double standard exactly bc i think ifans tend to be more accepting or arent as shocked when it comes to sexual stuff in kpop. theres literally a forum on r*ddit called kpopfap or smth which posts gifs of idols and oversexualizes them which is weird to me

Exist in Korea too, heard about the Nth Room scandal? They have many sites related to this kind of things.

can you give an example bc i havent seen or heard of a song or lyrics from a popular idol group

Most known example BB Bae.

They sing about rice cakes... google what meaning this has in Korea. I didn’t got it at first.

yeah they are very sensitive

I remember when an obvious sexual song was out (BAE by BB) and people were making tons of excuses on the comments like it was VERY embarrassing to see

I feel like they are just super in denial about how actual humans their favs are. < I mean this in general not the music I mentioned in particular...

Till this day some try to shade them for this Song, yet it won SOTY at the KMA lmfao.

but this is unrelated to the idol industry cause no one really raps or sings about sexual stuff when theyre idols it tends to be very ambiguous.

It’s not true, the Songs ain’t straight forward but still sexual.

honestly i think youre talking about kfans not kpop stans which usually implies intl fans. i would argue that intl fans tend to oversexualize or just dont care, while kfans are a lot more conservative.

No I mean international fans in this case. I’m aware of the cultural differences . But I often see a double standard from I-fans which is so weird.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is legendary, I watched this video over and over again and every time focused on the reactions of another member. Everyone was trying to beat around the bush or forgot the language.... Mark “ free-spirited” looool

So many Songs out there are obviously sexual, yet every time the Artist has to explain the meaning they are nearly breaking their neck trying to get out of the situation, even when they were the one who wrote the Song. And that’s because so many fans are so sensitive when things get more sexual.

Especially the guys, cause a guy singing/rapping about making love = misogyny

And a woman sings/raps about making love = she got forced/supporting stereotypes

Dare man or women even get close, that makes them feel sooo uncomfortable.

Yet when western artist go all the way out talking about their sex life the same people will talk about sexual liberation and if it’s a woman even about feminism.

Why this strong double standard? It really seems like many see Kpop Idols as little innocent puppies that need to be protected from anything sexual.

Yes, but he was undressing the mannequin, wearing its clothes, taking them off etc...

It was more a representation of gender expectations from society, and his struggles to find which 'filter' he should wear, and how he challenged these expectations. He couldn't have done it with a 'real' woman, it would have missed the point.

Did Jimin said that this is the meaning? It’s one of my favorite Songs from that album, I read the Lyrics and it’s not really about “gender norms” he is literally talking to a Girl (he is even mentioning it in the Song)... He sings about how the Girl can have him anyway she wants, she should pick a filter for him.