Posts by frala19

I'm not easily moved but this one hits me right in the feels

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've never legitimately full-out cried because of a Kpop song specifically, but I usually feel compelled to if I see someone else crying, so watching Baekhyun so overcome with emotion that he couldn't even sing his line did make me tear up when I first saw this, and is probably the closest I'll get.

I think the general consensus here is that it just depends on the group, and also the performance. As others have mentioned, it has changed a lot over time, and it's pretty common knowledge now that nowadays, the majority of music show performances and just performances that are specifically meant to be broadcasted are pre-recorded, or at least altered pretty significantly. You're most likely to find what you are looking for in live concerts.

I don't have one that I consider the undisputable best. I wouldn't be mad at anyone naming anyone from SuperM, though I probably wouldn't put Baekhyun or Lucas in there (not that they are bad). Really don't like how some people randomly decided to hate on Taeyong so hard for no reason.

Other notable idols I could see claiming the title: Yunho in his prime, Eunhyuk (I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but what I have seen has impressed me, and I've seen him mentioned), Lay (Still sad that he never got as much recognition as Kai), Jisung

A while back all the AKP EXOL played an intense b side battle game and selected our top 25 most loved EXO b sides. They have even more tbh but this playlist is a great starting point to find some of the best of the best exo songs

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That was so fun. The results are somewhat tragic for my faves, but not unexpected. Haha. My taste has always been unusual. It did get me to find a newfound appreciation for some songs that I had otherwise forgotten about, so that's a plus.

I feel like we should do more perhaps smaller scale battles, maybe putting the songs in categories and competing within them, like only winter albums or only ballads or even only something arbitrary like last track on an album or something. That could be too much work to agree on the categorization though. Haha.

Oh you know, mysterious "sources" and "insiders" close to the situation.

It's okay, I don't think anyone likes the Grammys.

Are you voting this year btw :eyes: do you have to since you're a member?

I don't have to no, haha, but I did vote this year. Even though I don't like the Grammys, I recognize its global impact, and definitely wanted to do my part to see BTS win, even if it is unlikely, as I understand the significance it would have on their career and legacy, but also just the global music industry culturally.

They think it is to do with his planned superbowl performance

Who is they, exactly? Anyway, if it's true, it's unsurprising. There have been pettier reasons why an artist was "snubbed". In case you haven't realized, I really don't like the Grammys. Haha. I think it has done more harm than good to the industry overall. But anyway, I haven't done much looking into that specific case, as I'm not losing any sleep over it. Screw them and honestly screw The Weeknd too.

The Grammys have always been like that, and I've barely paid attention to them over the past few years, despite being a voting member myself. There is no gauge of "expertise". Literally all that is required is to be working in the industry and have 2 people vouch for you. They are literally 100% politics, as are most award shows. A lot of people are bringing up the Weeknd, as if he's the only artist who many people think "deserved" a nomination but never got one. He probably pissed off someone (likely more than one) powerful, which is unsurprising given the kind of person he is.

I mean, I don't really see many people saying that unless they're an anti/baiting/trolling, and even if they aren't it's just their opinion. There isn't an absolute measure of good or bad anyway, just what is good or bad to any given person. Can anyone name an idol that people don't call bad at at least something?

As others have mentioned, it's always been popular in Kpop. I can't think of a single group that hasn't done at least one retro concept at one point, and there are many groups who have that as a default concept. I did see the increase in popularity in the past year too, but trends happen. It'll probably go back to how it was before, where it would pop up regularly, but not dominate the scene, and I'd argue it's already has. Most of the past few releases I've observed in the last couple months don't have a retro concept at all.

What the hell!!!! Why would she shave off her amazing jawline!!! Her face shape before is like mine now, a square shape, I could never get rid of that omgggg I’m so sad that this is a thing in Korea cos it’s just not for everyone

She was so much better before wow I’m upset haha

Honestly, when I saw that, I was disappointed too. She looked so good before (not that she doesn't now). I've always disliked SK's obsession with extreme V shaped jaws. But if that's what she wants, more power to her. I'm only concerned if it wasn't her decision, but rather her company's.

Ah ok, cause I checked the nominations from last year and the same, mostly collabs. Then they should include collaboration as well in the category name, like this it doesn’t really make much sense. It’s like nominating mostly male Artists in a category meant for female Artists.

Yeah I can see what you mean. Groups in general are really just not popular in western pop music anymore, so it does seem to be more of a collab category with the occasional group than the opposite.

The way BTS is the only Act who fits the name of this category, all the other nominees are collabs. Aren’t there any popular Groups or Duos in the US ?

Also I think Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande will win this... but everything is possible.

Best Collaboration used to be its own category, but they merged them. I can see why they did, but yeah it does seem strange that Dynamite is literally the only non-collab. I stopped following the Grammys over 10 years ago, though.

Not that I'm condoning her behavior, but as others have mentioned, I don't think you really understand how hard it is to be an idol. It's only now that people are starting realize how often celebrities around the world crack under the pressure. She should be held responsible, as she was, but also should be extended empathy. There has been so many reports of the positive way she's treated those she's worked with before, which is part of why this news was so shocking. It's good she made her multiple apologies, but at the end of the day, they don't matter. What's important is her future behavior, and that remains to be seen.

Now to put things in perspective, as someone who works in the entertainment industry in the US, that kind of behavior is neither shocking nor uncommon, whether it's actors, musicians, athletes, etc, I have personally seen or heard from the direct source levels of entitlement, disrespect, and straight up abuse, you can't even imagine, so hearing about it this one incident doesn't really faze me in the slightest. Things just happen to be covered up way more successfully here, but that's a whole other topic. It's just funny when I see people who would literally give their lives for someone like Ariana Grande, when she is one of the most entitled brats and genuinely rude and abusive divas in the industry. I wasn't going to call anyone out specifically, but it's just the fact that she is so beloved by many people who belong to similar demographics as Kpop fans.

Exo was actually the second Kpop group that I started getting into, beyond MVs and title tracks, but it became the first whose entire discography I heard because after the first album I heard all the way through (Lotto Repackage), I just felt compelled to do so ASAP. The diversity in the songs and the quality of the production are all impeccable, but like most of us already mentioned, what really sets them apart for me is their vocals. I listen to and love a large variety of Kpop groups, and my Kpop playlists are usually extremely diverse as far as groups represented. I think there is so many exceptional musicians and so much creativity in the industry, but sometimes I just need to put on an Exo only playlist and just bask in their glorious vocal arrangements and performances. Since I started getting into Kpop just over a year ago, I've constantly been adding more and more songs and groups to my regular listening rotation, but whenever an Exo song comes on, for me it just feels like home.

We had this exact thread a week ago, and funnily enough, in that one the OP also forgot One Of These Nights, but anyway here's mine:

1. One Of These Nights
    2. Dumb Dumb

3. Zimalabim

4. Automatic

5. Bad Boy

6. Power Up

7. Umpah Umpah

8. Psycho

9. Ice Cream Cake

10. RBB

11. Russian Roulette

12. Rookie

13. Red Flavor

14. Peekaboo

15. Happiness

This is difficult because if I didn't like the song I removed it from my playlists, so I probably don't even remember them. I'll just pick one that I know is relatively popular that I see people talking about but I don't like, for the sake of the drama :evil: . I'll only do the artists with whose entire discography I am very familiar, and I won't do any soloists that belong to a larger group:

Blackpink: Pretty Savage
    BTS: Spring Day (Before all the hate comments come, I don't necessarily hate this one, but I picked it because it's commonly regarded as their most best and loved song, and I just kind of think it's okay, and not that interesting compared to their other stuff)

Exo: Lotto

Got7: Just Right (I don't think I'm the target demographic anyway)

IU: Blueming

Mamamoo: Starry Night

NCT 127: Regular

NCT Dream: Ridin'

WayV: Nectar

NCT U: Work It
    Red Velvet: Psycho (This one is another very controversial one. For me, it's honestly one of the least interesting title tracks, and doesn't really do much to show off their strengths)
    SuperM: Jopping (This one might not be that unpopular of an opinion actually)
    TVXQ!: Mirotic (Nobody really talks about them anymore, but most older Kpop fans know and love this song, but it's kind of boring to me. Furthermore, I enjoy a lot of their newer stuff, and actually prefer the music the duo releases to their OT5 releases)
    Twice: TT (Probably another very unpopular opinion, but this is my least favorite title track from them)

Waiting for all the people who want to fight me now.