Posts by natnut

After seeing this performance and their Heartshaker cover, I'm convinced Weeekly is one of the more versatile performers in

Kpop. Question is how well they would do on Queendom or Road to Queendom based on this cover. Keep in mind this is the same group that is responsible for After School.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Weeekly can literally do anything. ;(

Hard to believe they are only 11 month old rookies.

Hint : run this YT video at 1080p 60fps setting for the full Weeekly goodness. :danceb:

Let me post her videos from today's KOMS :

Monday looks so scary :sweatr:

She's actually a huge puffball and crybaby :whatb:

External Content youtu.be

You're talking about groups who were several years deep into their careers and who were mid-twenties WOMEN who had experienced more of the world and had finally got in touch with themselves, knew what they really wanted and had finally developed a coherent world view.

Asking a rookie girl group who has just debuted or is only one or two years old career-wise AND who will invariably be teenagers to be authentically mature is simply unrealistic.

And you keep mentioning how you wish companies debuted girl groups who weren't teens and are in their twenties. The reality is that the major companies like the Big 3/Hybe and mid-size companies with a proper budget for quality songs and high production values MVs aren't going to take a chance with a mid-twenty year old trainee. They'll ALL be debuting groups with mid-late teens average age.

If you want high quality good mature concepts, you'll have to look at mid-career older girl groups like Apink, Mamamoo and Twice or nugu companies who are just desperate enough to debut any group with some talent/visuals and who will take on older trainees.

Rookie 4th Gen GG with big budget backing/high production values will all be in their teens and it's a pipe dream to expect age appropriate authentic mature concepts from them.

Mature doesn't mean "SEX" or "SEXY".

When Wheein & Hwasa started they were 18 years old, and Joy 17 years old.

And no one is forcing companies to only launch idols under 20.

Just because it's not sexy doesn't mean it's age appropriate.

Why is everyone in such a hurry to "grow up"? Let teenage girls do teenage girl things and sing about teenage girl concerns.

I find it quite frankly ludicrous to see a 16 yr old girl from a 1st world country strutting about on a MV set, wielding a bat cosplaying as a girl-boss, trying to convince us she's some hardened gangster. I mean, she probably got there by being the most obedient trainee in her batch, by listening to and carrying out word for word, the instructions of her agency CEO or PD, most of whom are middle aged men. Yep, super authentic and convincing...rolls eyes...

I find it more try-hard and band-wagony rather than anything impressive. That's why I find the high teen concepts and songs of Weeekly far more authentic than any recent girlcrush concepts from basically any other GG rookies, most of whom have the average age of 15-18 yrs old.

I find the GGs currently nice and some good, but I find the concepts to be still quite childish or not very mature. The only real GGs with mature concepts are Mamamoo and Red Velvet, it would take a new one the 4th gen does not have its own yet and does not seem to arrive soon :boredr:

Stan MMM & RV :pepe-simp:

Mature Girl Groups = Mature Concepts

Newer 4th Gen Girl Groups are mostly in their early/mid teens, at most the eldest members just turned 20.

I would be very shocked and worried if the current GG rookies started coming out with mature concepts.

I think OP is looking at the completely wrong segment of the Kpop world for his/her "Mature Concept" fix. X/

Maybe this photo is foretelling the future after all :

External Content twitter.com

At this rate, it would be funny to see Weeekly mentioned. They don't have 9 members, but all 3 groups have some of the highest levels of slick and savvy to their MVs.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

I'm waiting for the next TWICE.

Weeekly is the next Twice meets Blackpink meets Red Velvet :

The MV views are only bettered by their Spotify streams. <3

Weeekly's After School is the highest streamed 2021 song by a K-pop girl group on Spotify :

External Content twitter.com

Nice! all of Weeekly's visual line ended up in the top 20 :

#5 Zoa -maknae, just turned 16.

#6 Soojin - leader/center

#11 Jihan - face of the group

#14 Jaehee - the group's hidden visual (in my opinion)

Heartshaker ftw :

7 Days of Tension MV really shows off Weeekly's visuals imo :

I think K-netz recently ranked Zoa, Soojin in the Top 6 of 4th gen visuals and all of Weeekly's visual line ended up in the top 20 :