Posts by Salalalala

With Cara Delevigne

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She sat next to the CEO too

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have you completely detached from Twice and just gone free fall trolling?

Most active idols prolly stay way away from weed since it’s still illegal in SK and mind u in many European countries too. I’d say US and UK are way more drug liberal than many EU countries

I’m in Scandinavia and my neighbor was arrested and HANDCUFFED on a weed charge. And police came w dogs. The drama. I was glued to the window

I‘m not sure about that, here in Germany smoking weed is very normal amongst youngsters. And I‘ve walked past many people who were casually smoking weed

External Content x.com

So why not feature THAT tweet in your opening post? Not a bunch of nobodies with 1 - 5 likes?

Because, as I will forever say, you're disingenuous, you don't give a shit about any kpop and all you EVER do is come on here to spread bad vibes about everything and anything.

Here's to your next ban.

Not to defend that other person but internationals really do harbour an intense hatred for Wonhee. It’s all over my TikTok for you page, litereally everyone is mad that she got first with such terrible stage presence

Delusional? In America and other countries in the west, the white boys usually marry the likes of Hwasa, in other words traditional oriental beauty. It’s a common running joke among Asians even to this day. In fashion runways, commercial modelling, whenever an Asian models, it’s that oriental beauty that they’re looking for. I have never seen a Nana/Yoona/Suzy level of Asian beauty in any film or commercials in the west, not even in the biggest billboards in the “diverse” SoHo. Let’s assess reality properly please.

Hwasa?? A traditional oriental beauty? Tell me you know nothing of the orient without telling me you know nothing of the orient?

No one owes you that, respectfully.

You can leave the „respectfully“ out.

I think everyone owes everyone basic human decency. Everyone can manage to be respectful and non insulting.

I am an ethnic Kurd whose ethnicity was oppressed by right wing Turks for a long time yet I manage to criticise their stance without being disrespectful.

The only thing that’ll happen from you being disrespectful is that the other side will be offensive towards what’s precious to you, too.

I am a muslim, which might be sth terrible to y’all, but I was always taught not to disrespect others people‘s beliefs, but it appears that while you believe to be on the moral high ground you still are not able to have a proper, civil discussion.

It's best not to take any religious book too seriously. it would be like someone taking Harry Potter seriously. I mean it's just a book someone wrote. No need to get that upset.

I think some of y’all really lack empathy when it comes to religion. It is a book to you. I’d be more offended when someone insulted my religion than my ethnicity. You don’t have to agree with it but it really isn’t asking too much to not insult something.

i think we've reached the part of the discussion that i can't really reason with. the sheer inclusion of the phrase is offensive on its own. so that's irredeemable in your eyes, i get that, it's quite understandable

i will disagree that Frank's intent is islamophobia. i can see how a bad faith mindset, ignoring context and the immediate audience (western liberal society with middling views on LGTBQ society), can paint that picture though. and i absolutely believe that RM has done nothing wrong here.

I actually didn’t mean that Frank is purposefully endorsing Islamophobia. What I meant was that the song endorses Islamophobia. I don’t know what Frank‘s attitude towards the song in the aftermath to the backlash was, so i can’t say anything about his stance.

Regarding what RM did, I still don’t love it tbh. He is a very educated person so I think it’s ignorant that he didn’t at least pause and think about how him posting that song would be received.

But I’m glad I could make this a little clearer to you

Frank literally writes into the song his own knee-jerk misunderstanding of the phrase, that's the point. The muslim taxi driver then offers him prayer out of kindness. Frank drops his guard with "I guess it couldn't hurt me". There's a narrative here where for a moment, Frank shows his ignorance and is quickly made aware of it

Is that the same as endorsing Islamophobia?

The thing is, you only interpret the Allahu Akbar as a knee-jerk reaction.

It could be that Frank Ocean really believes that it’s a curse. And even if it was a knee jerk reaction, he still only refers to Islam explicitly in a negative context. We do not know whether he thinks Islamic prayer wouldn’t hurt him. Or if he harbours negative thoughts about Muslims.

The point remains that a holy phrase is highlighted in a negative, explicit manner and that point is not explicitly redeemed. There’s an imbalance there.

He could have simply translated the phrase to god is great. And I no longer would have an issue with it, because Islam wouldn’t be singled out.

But this way, I genuinely believe that it is kind of endorsing Islamophobia. Because if I gave the lyrics of the songs to someone without specifying what Allahu Akbar means, that person would still most likely assume that it is somehow related to a curse.

Apart from that, that phrase still has no place in a secular song.

So I think that calling Namjoon Islamophobic is a exaggerated but it can certainly be viewed as an ignorant action

This is a point I’d like to elaborate on.

Islamophobia is actually a very nuanced topic.

I was born and raised in the west (Europe) and have had LGBTQ friends so I do not have some blind hatred against them.

And some of them have opened up about the fact that it is hurtful when religious people curse them, and fair enough, I‘m sure that’s the case.

But there still remains that fact that 100% of the Islamophobia that I have experienced had nothing to do with Islam‘s homophobia.

People just really hate Islam here. Some wouldn’t be even able to tell you why. Most people would refer to terrorist attacks since they don’t know anything about Islamic dogma whatsoever.

People also calling Islamophobia racism is related to the fact that it’s interlinked most of the time. If I were a normal Middle Eastern Person with very liberal views I’d still get racially profiled or receive worse grades because a teacher would assume I’m Muslim (yes i know of cases in which this happened).

And it makes it worse that Frank ocean never was one of the LGBTQ victims and still insults Islam in this way.

Because it makes the situation worse and only adds to the blind hatred that people have.

People think that Allahu Akbar is a terrorist phrase. Now they might think that it’s a curse too.

Day after day my religion is belittled by people who are not even affected by it just because they are xenophobic.

And to those people that say that the criticism is fair because the religion has controversial doctrines to them:

Where I‘m from, a devout Christian would never receive the treatment that I do, even though Christianity‘s, Islam‘s and Judaism‘s „outdated“ points are pretty much identical.

Yet Muslims are singled out every single time. It’s really frustrating and hurtful

also you:

understanding is a 2-way street. i find it hard to find the will to try to explain my perspective if you don't want to engage with it. So vent if you need to, that's always permitted and sometimes healthy. But if you wanna have a discussion about it, let me know

We can have a healthy discussion if you were willing to engage with the points I made.

Let me say it again:

I do understand the broader meaning of the song

But it bears no significance to me being offended.

Because if you take the context of the song away or keep it, it wouldn’t matter.

„Allahu Akbar“ is a sacred phrase that has no place in a secular song.

It especially has no place in a song where it’s first called a curse, but then Islam is not refrenced to in any other way.

We know that he thinks that prayer couldn’t hurt him or that he thinks that love is a bad religion.

But one point still remains- And you say "Allahu akbar" I told him, "Don't curse me"

That part is still the chorus. He states this once and then he returns to after another stanza. He views it as a curse and through the wording of the chorus it is presented as a curse, especially to someone that would not no the meaning of the phrase.

And that, plus the fact that, again, this phrase has no place in a secular song, makes it offensive.

I really don’t want to be rude but it feels like you’re being obtuse on purpose.

I do not care about the context. What I mean was that if he wrote a song in which he talked about Muslims hurting him with Islamophobia then that is his journey and I wouldn’t really care.

But a) that probably didn’t happen because he grew up in Louisiana because there are virtually no Muslims there and b) that’s not what’s happening in the song.

He calls allahu akbar a curse and it’s not clarified later. That on its own is enough to be offended. And I do kot have to look at his back story to be offended at that.

I’ve also had really negative experiences and traumas with some things in my life but that does not give me the invitation to be so offensive about it

point to the part of the song where Islam is critiqued

I was upset and that second so I wrote critique even though that’s not what I mean. He did not openly critique it, but he still singled it out. He still called a sacred term a curse. So it’s not a critique, but an insult. Same thing in my book. Criticism at least has a rationale behind it.

If you told me in a civil way that you don’t like XY part about Islam I’d say i disagree but fair enough that’s your opinion. If you said your sacred term is a curse I’d be very pissed.

Why is it so difficult to understand this for some people?

I was about to say. Salalalala are you actually referring to the song?

Importantly, that is literally not how the phrase is used in Bad Religion

Obviously I am.

The lyrics goes „And you say "Allahu akbar"

I told him, "Don't curse me"

So a sentence that already has a negative association is also associated with a curse. Most causal listeners would never bother looking up the broader meaning of a song so him terming it that way adds fuel to the fire

Apart from that, it’s really sickening how Muslims have to explain over and over why it’s not okay. Secular music is not permitted in Islam so using that term in a song is also really offensive. No matter which way you try to twist it, this shit is offensive and no, I do not have to understand the broader meaning of the song