So...I Rewrote All The Lyrics Of ITZY'S SHOOT!

• Ok, the title is clickbait, I rewrote all the korean parts.

If you have no idea what is going on, read this thread, explains it better.

In short i decided to make a full english version of Shoot!(basically I replace the Korean lyrics with english lyrics and leave the english lyrics in the original song)

So some of you liked my lyrics for the chorus, so I decided to finish all the lyrics. I swear, I have never wrote lyrics faster in my life lol. So I changed up some things in the chorus(the main words are the same but I added the words that would be in the background ? If you know what I mean).

Also, to the people who liked, thank you for your support, I don't think I deserve it at all.

So yeah, here it is. Hope you enjoy!(in my opinion it's not that good. I am pretty sure Addison Rae could write better lol)

ITZY SHOOT!(Rewritten Lyrics By ArmyBlinkOnce0)

[Verse 1]

Check my look

My moves are like a dance

My taste is next level so I choose red shoes, yeah

No questions what I look

Well, this is what I do

I try so hard to dazzle you

Itzy Itzy I'm tired, tell me right now

What is in your heart?

I don't even know

I don't even know, stop confusing me

[Chorus]

Mmm, so boy I shoot!

Butterfly effect making you move

One on one see what I can do

Watching you get hooked

So what you do?(so what you do)

Turn it up KABOOM!

It is not that hard babe ooh(ooh)

I can see your heart falling you(yeah, you)

Sorry I don't regret it I'm not fool(I'm not fool)

That's what I do(that's what I do)

[Verse 2]

Look at my eyes(yeah yeah)

Tell 'em all it's time

Boy you gotta move

Make a dream about it, not pretty cool(pretty cool)

I don't get it(I don't get it)

One by one I built my way up to you

Only for you to throw away the dart

It's long past due

If I leave what are you gonna do?
    Don't be silly babe, do not break my heart

[Chorus]

Mmm, so boy I shoot!

Butterfly effect making you move

One on one see what I can do

Watching you get hooked

So what you do?(so what you do)

Turn it up KABOOM!

It is not that hard babe ooh(ooh)

I can see your heart falling you(yeah, you)

Sorry I don't regret it I'm not fool(I'm not fool)

That's what I do(that's what I do)

[Outro]

La la la la la la la(La la)

La la la(yeah)

La la la la la la

Mmh, that's what I do

I know that's like a fool

But that's what I do

Thank you, for reading.

Here's the actual song(a bop!)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also don't trust the lyrics on the video. Pretty sure they were mistranslated

Here's a translation that I think is more accurate

Genius English Translations – ITZY - SHOOT! (English Translation)
    [Verse 1: Yeji, Lia] / Check my look / My steps are like a dance / To look more powerful, I choose red shoes, yeah / No questions, what I look / Well, this is…
    genius.com

ITZY – SHOOT!
    [있지 "SHOOT!" 가사] / [Verse 1: Yeji, Lia, Ryujin] / Check my look / 걸음은 like a dance / 좀 더 강하게 choose 빨간 shoes, yeah / No questions, what I look / Well, this is…
    genius.com

Genius Romanizations – ITZY - SHOOT! (Romanized)
    [Verse 1: Yeji, Lia] / Check my look / Georeumeun like a dance / Jom deo ganghage choose ppalgan shoes, yeah / No questions, what I look / Well, this is what I…
    genius.com

(Thank you to the people who wrote the lyrics on Genius, the lyrics were a huge help when I came to organizing and writing the lyrics. And ofcourse, to the youtuber that made the video because without it I wouldn't have the song to work with in the first place lol).

• Tell me about all about it .. 2x

same! i think ik where some of the inspo/idea comes from (i do a good lyrical analysis) but i wanna hear from her! :eyes:<3

I have to go to bed soon so I will tell you where the inspo for the chorus is from and tell you guys the other ones later

Mmm, so boy I shoot!(from my misheard lyric of the original start of the choru sswabeoryo shoot)

Butterfly effect making you move(original + I felt like the butterfly effect matched with the theme of the song, doing one little thing and it getting bigger get it? And it was the only way I could think of to incorpate a butterfly into the chorus)

One on one see what I can do(again, from my mishread lyric of the original and it was a phrase that felt right lol)

Watching you get hooked(I got the inspo for the hooked from the original(the end of the this line had the word huk in the original). The watching you get hooked was a result of try and error to figure out something that would fit with the rest of the chorus-so what you do?).

So what you do?(so what you do)(obviously original)

Turn it up KABOOM!(result of a possible misheard lyric teoteuryeo

It is not that hard babe ooh(ooh)(I honestly don't know where I got this from lol)

I can see your heart falling you(yeah, you)(I felt like this sentence really fit with the following sentence about not regretting doing something. I felt like not regretting making the person fall for them was a good fit.

Sorry I don't regret it I'm not fool(I'm not fool)(I felt the I don't regret it really fit since the overall feel of the song seemed to be from a strong independant woman/girl.

And I don't regret it seems to fit that well in my opinion).

That's what I do(that's what I do)(from original)

• @Lizzinx

FeLiNa

Here are my inspirations for the rest of the song. Also, I will be using the word narrator and person a lot so kind of think of the lyrics as a story/book(it makes more sense why I use narrator then).

My outside inspirations(songs by other artists): Next Level by Aespa, a rap by Kendrick Lamar(I don't know the name lol) and Ready For Love by Blackpink(I know it's not an official song but still)

[Verse 1] For this whole verse I kind of worked backwords most of the time lol. I started towards the lower half and then built my way up.

Check my look(from og song)

My moves are like a dance(this was kind of hard for me tbh, I wanted to do something that meant advances/flirting.

But flirting didn't fit at all and advances was too long( if you sing it using advances then you would kind of have to rush to finish the word and get to like a dance) Not only that, I felt like advances wasn't the right word. So I decided to use moves.

My taste is next level so I choose red shoes, yeah(the hardest part for me in this verse. It took me a while to finish this. My og idea was along the lines of My taste is at its peak so I choose red/new/new red shoes).

I scratched out new since I felt like red symbolized power and the songs og lyric included power not only that the song had a powerful vibe to it.

And then suddenly the word next level popped into my head and in my mind I saw Winter doing the next level dance in step back. And I was like, this is perfect! So I said bye to at its peak and replaced it with next level.

Looking back, it was a good decision since my taste is at its peak for some reason gave me a vibe that at other times the narrater's taste wasn't at it's peak and I felt like that kind of went against the whole powerful/strong momento.

So I guess I should thank Aespa for keeping the word next level in my mind a lot lol. And then I decided to use red shoes since in the og song the lyric was also red shoes but red was in Korean.

No questions what I look(from og)

Well, this is what I do(from og)

I try so hard to dazzle you(my og idea was I try so hard to impress you but I wanted a better word than impress so I looked up synonyms for impress lol. And when I saw dazzle I knew it was that one.

Itzy Itzy I'm tired, tell me right now(tell me was first lyric I finished in this verse. I wanted to display something about opening the person's heart since the following lyric in og was Can you tell me your heart?.

After doing the line I try so hard to dazzle you, I personally believed that after trying so hard to impress with no clear response back one would be tired.

What is in your heart?(inspired by og lyric here which was Can you tell me your heart? What is in your heart was a follow up to the lyric above which is tell me right now. Basically tell me right now what is in your heart?)

I don't even know(og lyric)

I don't even know, stop confusing me(stop confusing me was the first thing that popped up into my head since I felt like in the song the person the narrator was talking to was kind of giving mixed signals so stop confusing me represented that well. Not only that, when you sing along with the song stop confusing me fits perfectly.)

[Verse 2] The lower part of this verse, starting from one by one to if I leave was inspired by one of Kendrick Lamar's raps and Ready For Love by BP.

Look at my eyes(yeah yeah)(from og)

Tell 'em all it's time(it kind of came out of nowhere, but I decided to keep it since it was a good precursor to boy you gotta move)

Boy you gotta move(from og)

Make a dream about it, not pretty cool(pretty cool)(in the og song the make a dream lyric was called pretty cool.

But I felt like it didn't fit the song because the person the narrator was talking to was making a dream about them but not acting upon it in real life and that is not good so I decided to change it to Make a dream about it not pretty cool.

I had the temptation to change make a dream about it to making a dream about it since it made more sense but make a dream was part of the og song.

I don't get it(I don't get it)(basically the narrator saying they don't get why the person is making a dream but not acting on it)

One by one I built my way up to you(now this is where Kendrick Lamar and Ready for love starts to hit.

A while ago I saw a yt short talking about how Kendrick Lamar started his lines with numbers in one of his raps [bascially One......2.......3......].

I really liked this so I decided to do something simliar and start using the word one and using 2 in the next line. Hence where One by One came from.

Only for you to throw away the dart(so my og idea was only for you to deny it by 2 since it fit the whole number thing but I decided scratch that idea later[I will explain more later on]

It's long past due[by the time I got to this line I was like, yeah the numbers thing isn't working. So I decided to find a word that rhymes with 2 and one of the words was due.

It reminded me of bills not getting paid and being 'long past due' and that reminded me of how I still haven't got over my crush despite knowing I should have a long time ago.

And that in turn reminded me of how in the song the person the narrator was talking to wasn't opening up their heart and how in an earlier lyric I wrote it's time. Hence them revealing their feelings is long past due.

If I leave what are you gonna do?(my og lyric was If I leave what are you going to do? And the do rhyming with due and 2 was purely a coincidence but it worked out really nice.

I decided to change it into what you are gonna do since I felt like gonna fit the vibe more than going to which was more formal. And finally, it was a great antecedent to the next line don't be silly babe.

Don't be silly babe, do not break my heart(from og, but there's more. You know the line only for you to throw away the dart? So it was inspired by this line. By now I wanted to keep the rhyming thing and I decided to find something that rhymed with heart.

I found dart and it was perfect and fit the song perfectly. Here's what I was thinking. You know how you can shoot a dart?

Well in my mind the whole throw away the dart came from how the narrator "shooted" the dart and hit their target[person narrator is singing about] and made them fall for them.

But the person picked up the dart and threw it away[throwing away the dart represented them denying their feelings for the narrator despite getting 'hit' by it and falling for them].

Despite me getting rid of the whole starting each line with a number thing, I really liked the one by one line so I decided to stick with it.

Now for the Ready For Love inspo. I had the song on my mind when writing the lyrics and the lyrics do not break my heart kind of reminded me of the song even more. The lyrics

One by one I built my way up to you

Only for you to throw away the dart

It's long past due

If I leave what are you going to do(the formal version of the lyric what are you gonna do)

were inspired by a sad response? of Ready For Love that I made up in my mind lol. When you think about it, the lyrics above can fit into a sad ballad.

In the song ready for love, blackpink sing about how they don't have to wait anymore and are finally ready for love.

My lyrics in shoot was a sad ballad lyrics in a bada** vibe from the narrator before that revelation.

It was basically about how I think the person that was waiting for them to be finally ready for love felt like before the girls were like we are ready for love!

Basically, shoot and ready for love are like in a relationship. Shoot! is about the narrator waiting on this person to finally reveal their feelings towards them. Ready for Love is that person finally revealing their feelings to the narrator in Shoot!

In my mind, I kind of imagined the person the narrator in Shoot! was talking about was the narrator of Ready For Love and the person narrator of Ready for Love was talking about was the narrator of Shoot!

I know it's really confusing but it makes sense in my head lol.

The entire outro is from the og song since it was originally completely in english.

This is really long omg.

• It fits so well! I love doing this too and if you ever want to write music on the side, I think that this is a great way to learn how to do so. Translating a song in a foreign language to one you know well while still maintaining a general meaning of the original song.

So talented :blushing:

Thank you so much rainbow!

offtopic but I love your sana aesthetics.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!