HATED Song Appreciation Thread! ICE CREAM by Blackpink

• So yeah, I decided to start up again my HATED song appreciation threads. If you guys have no idea what I am talking about, a long time ago(basically a year ago when I first joined akp) I made hated song appreciation threads.

Some of you may remember this one

Then I kind of stopped but I decided to do one again since it's been more than a year since my last hated song appreciation thread.

And what better way to restart this series by using one of the most hated kpop songs, inarguably the most hated Blackpink song, drum roll please........ICE CREAM!

And I know people are going to think, how the heck can you like Ice cream? Well, most people probably don't know this but believe it or not Ice Cream was the song that got me into Blackpink.

So back in mid/early 2020 I used to stalk Selena Gomez's google page. I mean, come on who doesn't stalk their fav artists google page(i mean, I can't be the only one).

And of course an article about Blackpink and Selena's collaboration popped up and I was intrigued. Then a few days later my friend came over for onnam(an Indian festival) and she was like hey have you heard about BTS's dynamite and Blackpink's ice cream?

And I was like yes! But I haven't listened to the songs yet. So yeah, we listened to the songs and we loved it. Then I got busy with school work but I would occasionally listen to BTS and of course Blackpink(to be specific Ice Cream) and as months moved along I kind of started listening more frequently since well, it was so freaking catchy, a bop and I was lowkey obsessed with Jisoo's verse).

Infact, i remember the very ice cream lyric video(i couldn't watch the mv because it was blocked #school chromebook) I used to binge watch back then. It was this one

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I thought that Rose was pronounced Rose like the flower rose. Like I completedly ignored the accented e, and I was taking and still am french back then. My french teacher would be so disappointed if she found out lol. Ps, this lyric video is now blocked too #myschoolwhattheheckareyoudoing?

Also, back then I was an naive little baby and had no idea the song was s*xual until I saw video of Eric Nam trying to convince himself the lyrics weren't sexual while reading them aloud. And that's when I realized, yeah, the song isn't about getting ice cream...

Anyway, Ice cream will always have a special place in my heart, it was the song that opened up other blackpink songs for me(for example how you like that, my second blackpink song). If Ice Cream hadn't existed, I might not stan have stanned Blackpink when I did or maybe even never.

But yeah. Enjoy your ice cream people! If you know what I mean ;-) (as in enjoy the song you :pepe-clown-gear: ! )

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!