Elon Musk bought Twitter

• This is the dumbest, most ignorant take I've ever seen.

Then give your smart take. Elon's Billion aint gonna solve world hunger. UN World Food Program just raised 8 billion in 2020 and couldn't solve world hunger. What's Elon gonna do?

• Then give your smart take. Elon's Billion aint gonna solve world hunger. UN World Food Program just raised 8 billion in 2020 and couldn't solve world hunger. What's Elon gonna do?

Why do you care what he does though? you can't control Elon's spending, its his money!

Best we can do is complain about it but I doubt he's the kind of guy to scroll though the internet for minute feedback.

What we can do is to write to your senator, preferably with a petition on what you'd like the government's money to be spent on. At least that's a direct line of communitcation.

Plus- The congress creates and mandates the federal budget! the president is legally obligated to spend what the congress hands him! I guess pinning blame on three presidents is easier than pinning blame on literally hundreds of congressmen and congresswomen.

What would *help* solve world hunger is not just funneling into UNWFP but into more indirect stuff like NASA, afterall, they provide farming data for free, for farmers in africa and other developing nations.

Also Also pushing money into agriculture technology research is another way to increase food production, and also logistical research to get excesses of food to fill in deficits.

Further PR campaigns can help, even minutely by raising awareness of overconsumption. tricks like smaller plates, smaller servings would not only ensure that there is more food to go around, it might help mitigate obesity as well in developed nations.

I guess if we wanted rich people to pay, we could lobby for investigation into tax fraud or laundering to seize money or we can also invest more into border patrol or coast guard to catch cash flowing out of the states as a result of illicit drug trade.

But yes, continue blaming the head of state with no legal power over spending. (they'd like you to think they can -- that's their ticket in the election! But congress has to pass it lol.)

• Uhh, that's exactly my take tho. No one is entitled to someone else's personal wealth.

But thanks for helping with my point I guess.

• Twitter is already not the best when it comes to messiness.

If it just becomes a bunch of people swearing at each other, people will leave and its worth will decrease.

Several popular platforms of the past lost their relevance before when people started to interfere with what it was. Could happen to Twitter too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!