Watching 'Turning Red' JYP's American Group Could Work Out

• Do you agree 4

1. No lol (4) 100%
    2. indecisive (0) 0%

People are waiting for another NSYNC and Back Street Boys. There's still a niche, a market for them but a lot of these US labels and people like Simon Cowell don't know how to market them like k-pop groups.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The K-pop system is already intriguing to casual eyes. Non-viewers seeing the first-hand experience of what an actual K-pop group goes through with a survival show would be interesting. And seeing how this system worked well with NiziU, I'd like to see how this "localization by globalization" works with an American group.

JYP worked with Hulu Japan and we may see him working with another streaming service for this American group.

Anyway, just a thought.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• doubt it tbh

4*TOWN worked because it was for the most part connected to a hit movie

NiziU is really different, Japan is a completely different market from the West. TWICE success there pretty much guaranteed company loyalty from the GP so any JYP GG would do at least decently. The West doesn't worship labels & reality shows like Nizi Project peaked in the 2000s(with American Idol, The Voice, etc)

The problem is that alot of these companies have no idea how the Western music industry works & just throw anything at the wall to see what sticks. I don't see them working out but let's see

• Now for a serious answer. I do agree on the whole hype for an American band thing.

An American kpop boyband would certaintly have hype, but it would probably need to be further from it's kpop roots since some incels still think it's "cool" to hate on Asians and kpop for no reason.

• new NSYC

new Backstreet Boys

??

I've seen too many high school/college tv series/movies

I don't have any trust in US young generation

I don't really need to later read a news that Johnny was driving his ferrari drunk as f...

George was smoking mary jane in the morning with 5 hookers

and Brian mixed everything possible then went to house roof jumped too swimming pool but he misscalculated and now he is in ER with broken leg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• don't worry, not all boys are criminals around here lol

Though some of them are kind of annoying lol

• It could work! American taste in entertainment is all over the place.

You mentioned a survival show, which is a great idea. I feel like having that survival show on Netflix would be an effective way to market the group. Netflix viewers tend to be extremely open-minded with whatever as long as the series is trendy. K-entertainment fans made Squid Game, Blackpink: Light Up the Sky, Itaewon Class, and Singles' Inferno rise in the Netflix rankings. This got more people checking out these, and they became hooked despite not caring much for K-entertainment before.

They could keep an eye out for a new episode each week. Hype naturally starts to accumulate when viewers post their thoughts and memes about the latest episode on social media.

putting the show on Netflix would be a great idea. Netflix has a huge fanbase so it would be wise to put it on there.

Honestly, we are planning JYP's American group for them, we should be getting payed at this point!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!